• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 281 Views, 4 Comments

The Troll who had the Moon. - softland



The life of a troll is longer that you can imagine.

  • ...
 4
 281

Long Time Friend

Troldemousse felt he was being lifted.
Horrible thoughts passed through is mind "is it gonna hurt me ?" then he remembered the powerful voice that forced him into is boulder position.
"ho no ho no ho no" is thoughts where focused on the voice, he tried to remember how the beast looked but is fear was to big and all memory of it were sucked out and instead it putted worse ones.
Trying to remember the creature is mind created a ridiculous monster looking creature, a monster with a beak looking mouth so wide that it could gobble him up.

"haaaaa" he shouted, will thinking of being eaten by the creature.
Then he felt that is body had it the ground, something was touching him outside of is cocoon like defence.

"Is it trying to taste me ?" he then tried to hear something but only muffled sounds reached him.
He felt himself being lifted of the ground "that is it" he thought "it is going to gobble me" at the end of is thought he sensed a slow acceleration and a brutal landing, but nothing to harm him.
And again after a few minutes something poked him again.
He completely forgot about the eating thing and was curious of what just happened, so he tried to listen again and this time he eared shouting,
"It is the loud voice of the monster" he thought, what he eared was angry shouts so he stayed in position.

Time passed and he was almost convinced that the creature was gone when he felt another poke, this time he tried really hard to listen and he heard a different voice "another monster !" he said loudly and frightened.
The voices suddenly when silent, then began speaking again.

After that he felt a bit hot, but nothing to be concerned about.
Being calm again he tried to visualized them by listening to the ground, Troldemousse knows how to do that, when he was younger he liked to look near him to know what the critters where doing.

Concentration filled his mind has he began to see eight marks a few steps from him, sometimes one the the marks being lifted from the ground.
After a small moment the eight marks separated into four and went further until Troldemousse couldn't sense them anymore.

He felt being lifted again but this time he was smacked on the ground reapetadly and again on some harder surface he even was left a moment in water.
This time he didn't have to listen, to hear the infamous angry shouts that was tossed to him, he didn't mind and he let it be, thinking that
"If I stay still and do nothing it will go away".

Suddently he felt warm inside, he smiled, "I know who this is" he thought.
It seamed strange to him a bit but without hesitation he left is boulder form to is normal form.
The first thing he eared was crying and sobers and whining but in front of him there was nothing, he looked behind and saw a dark blue and white creature crying on the ground.
He approached, is head was now over it and blocked the moonlight, the creature stopped whining and began to lift is head.
He saw the eyes of the creatures looking straight at him and thought "this cannot be the terrible creatures that tried to eat me" and the four leaged creature stood still not moving and thought "If I stay still and do nothing it will go away".

_______________________________________________________________________


A few minutes before this all happened
Selena was happy that this herd finally began to stay in the houses.
But still nopony was still volunteering to help on the night sift.

"It will come she thought" trying to think positive.
In the end she didn't mind being awake the night she even like it she saw more thing in the night that in the day even if the night is full of dangerous predators.

The night is full of life good or bad a firefly passing by, the frogs croaking and other sounds from creatures coming from everywhere.
Selena enjoyed the orchestral symphony that was brought to her ears each night it sometimes makes her sing , ho yes she singed but not to loud because she could wake up someone by mistake.
Mostly she singed while trotting on her patrol around the houses, the trip wasn't long, what they build wasn't big but it was enough for the small herd they were in.

She decided that the houses where ok, she felt a bit thirsty, a rectangle fountain was in the middle of the village, it will be nice when water will flow in it but for now the villagers had to put buckets of water regularly in it, to her surprise the fountain was empty, she wasn't happy and bucked the bucket, it went far away.
"pfff" she thought "I've got to go to the lake" but then she remembered the rules of the villages, they are clear , no pony leaves the villages at night even less when alone, but her throat and sore tong said otherwise.
She rationalized that the lake wasn't far from the houses it would take only a few minutes.

At the lake she took large sips of water and when she felt satisfied stopped.
Something cough her eyes before leaving a reflection in the water, there was the moon, but also a butterfly, a shinning butterfly dancing swivelling above the clear and mirror like water of the lake, an aerial ballet that fitted the orchestral sounds surrounding her.
She was far enough from the houses she didn't have to restrain herself she singed with all her might.
All the small animals and critters of the lake began to gather around the lake enjoying Selena on a cloud dancing and signing with the strange butterfly.

A brutal scream was heard and ended everything, all went blank, no music, no sound, no dancing, no critters.
Selena felled down her cloud and landed directly in the lake, the butterfly was already gone.
Completely soaked she panicked and climbed back on her cloud she used her magic and went faster that she never thought that she could go, when she saw the villages a large creatures was already in the villages.
Before she could reach she saw the creature destroy a house.
Rage filled her mind her voice raised but she stayed aware.
When she arrived she lifted the creature and throws it away will shouting
"Who is thy fool who tries to seek the lives of those who I protect !?"
To be continued

Author's Note:

The next chapter will be in 2016 X)
I hope you enjoy it
Bisous and
Good day