• Published 10th May 2012
  • 1,571 Views, 20 Comments

A fiend or a friend? - JL-Hero



is a ancient evil is back on equestria or is he a important ally for Twilight and her friends?

  • ...
4
 20
 1,571

Let's have a nice chat


Twilight was looking at the colt with determination and anger, she was cheated by someone she thought he was her friend, they were looking at the eyes of each other, while Twilight Sparkle had a serious look, Magic Silver’s look was calm… almost cynical in fact.

"It’s about you, Magic Silver if that’s your real name.”

“What do you mean? Twilight my name is Magic Silver as it has always has been.”

“Save it…” Twilight said with a controlled anger

“I found out some things about you: your birthplace, the time you spent on Canterlot, and maybe even your job at a bookstore is a lie too, so that’s why I want to know who you really are because I trusted you and you betrayed, so at least have the decency of telling me who you really are.”

“Look, if I lied about where I came from even to the moving company it’s because my memories about that place are that bad!”

“And what about the fake period of time living in Canterlot?” Twilight questioned

“What’s the difference? Fifteen days or fifty years I know Canterlot very well, and find the point of telling a true quantity of time, since, like I said I already know Canterlot pretty well.”

“Don’t give that crap if you’re lying about something so small, what else are you hiding and/or lying? I mean, Magic Silver, is that even your real name? Who are you?”

Magic Silver turned his back and then he said:

“I am who I am and I have always been, Twilight”

“Stop lying I know when somepony is lying to me! I just want the truth and nothing else! WHO! ARE! YOU!”

Magic silver still giving his back to Twilight chuckled with malice and turning to face her with his eye balls now with a yellow color and his pupils bright red, he said:

“…Me?”

And then with a flash of white light Magic Silver revealed himself as the lord of chaos, the spirit of disharmony: Discord.

“Aaaallright!! I’m back!” Discord cheerfully said.

“Geez, Twilight why did it take you so long?! I wasn’t even willing to hide my real identity I could as well added some flashy neon signs that say” and Discord with a snap of his fingers summoned several neon signs with words like “Hey, poser over here”, “I am not who I say I am”, and “world champion of lying”.

“Wh—Discord! How di—“ Twilight said trying to speak with all her shock and as soon as she finished her blabbing she turned around and ran to the door, but then the door was sealed in front of her by Discord.

“Nu-uh, Twilight, before you run away and get your friends to face me, I have to tell you, you have two choices: you can go, get your friends and the elements of harmony to fight me, but then I would defend myself, I would show my immunity for a magic even as powerful as that, and erase your precious fancy jewels you call elements of harmony out of existence and then make you despair and lose hope… or you can stay here and hear what I have to say.”

Discord finished and Twilight was looking at him with shock, fear and confusion it was fair to say that Twilight sparkle had the same gaze as a caged lynx and still silent. Discord then proceeded to talk.

“First of all I am not here to hurt you or any of your friends, nor play with your minds, for that matter I am no here to hurt or manipulate anypony at all, now the main reason why I came back is because Equestria, no, the entire world is in danger and the elements of harmony won’t be enough to stop the evil that is to come, and I am here because I can help and prepare you to face this threat.”

Twilight regaining herself to be able to talk closed her eyes for a second and said,

“What the hay are you talking about…?”

Discord sighed and said,

“A great evil, incredibly powerful nearly as powerful as me in fact, only that it can’t create, only destroy, and can’t be destroyed, not even stopped, and is coming right to this planet, but I believe there is still hope.”

“The elements of harmony are the most powerful magic on this world how they can’t stop this “evil” that is to come?” Twilight skeptically questioned

“I am not saying that they can’t I am saying that they won’t be enough, but that’s why I am here, to help you.”

“Discord, you are the embodiment of lies, why should I believe you?”

“That was only a gimmick! Believe me Twilight! I am not here as the lord of chaos but as someone who wants to change the future!”

“I have seen the future Twilight and you, your friends; this entire world doesn’t survive the ravage of this evil.”

Twilight stood there staring at Discord, thinking, he sounded sincere but Twilight had many questions in mind so she decided to start with two:
“Discord I don’t know if this is another wicked plan of yours or if you are telling the truth but first of all I have two questions.”

“And what they are about?” Discord said

“First: How did you get out of your stone form? And second: Why would you want to help us so suddenly?”

“How did I get out of the stone…? Well I wasn’t even trapped in the first place!”

“What do you mean??” Twilight said really confused

“I just went on “vacation” you see, let me tell you a little story. When Celestia and Luna defeated me more than one thousand years ago using the elements of harmony and “turning me into stone” I was relieved! They were obnoxious! Completely killjoy, brave yet arrogant and with no sense of humor at all! So I decided to play along their game I abandoned my stay in Equestria and I went to explore other worlds--“
“There are other worlds?”
“Yes but that’s another story. Like I said I was exploring different worlds I don’t know exactly how many time I spent doing this but at certain point I decided to come back just to see how things turned out for equestria and maybe have some healthy fun as well, that was when met you and your friends you proved to be as fascinating as Celestia and/or Luna but totally more sympathetic, I decided to stay more time than the last time so I took over this city, one small town wouldn’t affect an entire country, now would it? But I was wrong again and you and your friends “defeated” me and the game started again for me. I didn’t know how much time was going to be but I accepted it although I could watch this from a different plane of existence.”

Discord sighed again and continued

“As for the reason why I want to help you… I… learned the importance of things… during one of my explorations I found creatures just as smart as you only that way too different in appearance, heh, that was where I came close to learning that what you call “friendship”… Twilight you have a beautiful world here, I just don’t want it to lost, trust me Twilight I came to appreciate you and your friends.”

Twilight thought of his words and asked one more question

“But if what you say is true and you want to help us, how do I know that you wouldn’t try to cause chaos and trouble?”

“Twilight, if I want I can turn this world upside down, but I’m not.”

Twilight reflected and finally accepting Discord’s word she asked

“And how will you help us?”

“Well, I have a plan and you will play a big role on it.”

“What exactly do you mean by that?”

“Twilight you have a huge power within you, I would dare to say it’s even bigger than that of Celestia, and that’s why she took you under her wing, but I want to help you unleash all of your potential. You have the power to crush Equestria, but you will use that power help me in my plan. Your friends will have job to do as well, but is you who need to discover your own real power. I will help you to protect your home and your beloved ones.”

“But, why me? I still so much to learn I... but why can’t Celestia and Luna can't do it? They have experience and sure they still are more powerful than what I could be!” Twilight said agitated

“Celestia? Let me tell you something about Celestia… or Luna; they are politicians. Your dear Princesses, if they found themselves trapped when all hope is lost, they would try make a deal with the invading force. The rest of the world for Equestria’s safety, because that is what the politics are about: making deals and alliances. The mere fact that Celestia kept Equestria in such prosperity, peace and harmony is proof of how good a politician she is, that’s why I can only trust you Twilight Sparkle, you would die before leaving your world to some evil entity, because I know that you have the bravery, you have the heart of a heroine”

Twilight couldn’t say anything, she wanted to defend her teacher, her princess… her friend, but she knew she couldn’t argue with someone as old as Discord, by this point he couldn’t be lying even if wanted to. Discord who was now transformed again into Magic Silver said to Twilight,

“So, can I count with you to defend this world and your beloved ones?”

Twilight Sparkle reluctantly but with faith in herself resigned to carry the weight of the world in her hooves… again. Twilight merely nodded at him looking him at the eyes, When Discord saw this he realized how big the load he put in the mare’s shoulders was, but at the moment he didn’t have any other choice, Twilight was his best opportunity to save the world, he knew that at this point his words wouldn’t make much difference but still he said to Twilight,

“You don’t have to feel this overwhelmed I said that you will play the major role in my plan but that doesn’t mean that you to do it alone, remember your friends will be there to… and I will be there.”

At this Twilight gave a nervous smile and after a moment of silence Twilight asked

“So what do we do first? How do we start… this plan of yours?

“Now we do physical training.”