• Published 8th May 2012
  • 2,306 Views, 31 Comments

Distorted - Scorpion

  • ...
0
 31
 2,306

Prologue

“Fine use your little elements on me- just make it quick, I’m missing some excellent chaos here.” Discord indifferently stated as he watched the six mares standing before his throne of disharmony.

“Alright ladies, let’s show him what friendship can do.” The lavender unicorn at the front of the group called out. The pink prankster among them quickly interrupted the group to enjoy one last sip of the chocolate rain.

‘Now, how could such a chaotic filly resist the appeal of my powers’ The draconequus silently mused as the filly returned to the group with a growl. He continued to sit there, lost in thought, until two bursts of harmonious magic flew past his head.

What’s this?” he said in disbelief.

As the power gathered around the six mares, the realization finally struck him, they had actually activated the elements!

“No” was all he could say in his stupor.

A rainbow wave of magick so powerful it has to be spelled with a ‘k’ blasted out from the element bearers, engulfing the embodiment of chaos in a torrent of power.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” was the last sound made by the draconequus until his fossilized form hit the ground with a THUD mighty enough to shake the proverbial camera.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________


A Few Hours (and an absurdly out-of-place award ceremony) Later

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two royal guardsponies were just finishing up the placement of the new addition to the palace statue garden.

“So, this is thing is responsible for all the weirdness lately?” the unicorn stallion asked his partner.

“Yep… aaaaand done *whew*” the pegasus mare replied as she dragged the chunk of stone into place. “How ‘bout we go grab a few drinks after we get out of this armor?”

“I have a few other ideas with what to do then.”

With the mare blushing, the two guards left, leaving a petrified draconequus cringing in his new place in the garden.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Celestia walked down the quiet halls of her royal palace, thinking back on the time her old ‘friend’ had spent free.

She sighed as her internal monologue began:

‘After all this time I had forgotten about discord, locked away in the garden. I really should have been more careful. What was I thinking? Not putting any guards in around him; I may as well have left him a chisel and a key to my castle.… Although, I had missed his antics, always acting the fool to get a laugh. No wonder he seemed to connect with Pinkie Pie, they seemed like they could have worked together toward something good.’

The solar mare stepped out into the cool air of her sister’s night, as her thoughts continued to run. She stopped at the balcony railing and leaned on it, sighing yet again as her thoughts geared towards how she remembered discord; a chaotic being who knew how to make a girl laugh.

She gazed up at the stars as if pleading to them.

‘I only wish he had been as he was, a kind spirit with an excellent sense of humor. Somepony you could talk to and trust. Somepony you could bare your heart to and still, somehow, get a good laugh in when exiting the encounter. Alas, it was not to be’

She turned and went back inside, soon retiring to her bedroom and a pleasant night's sleep.

But perhaps it was to be, as with the magic that flows through Equestria, wishes upon a star may just come true.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________


Billions of lightyears, a tear in the universal barrier, and a TARDIS flight away, a red-maned universe-building being said goodbye as she tore away from one of her masterpieces. As millions on one side mourned the loss, a wave of energy slowly built up, tearing its way across time and space.

It invisibly made its way across existence, expanding its way into Equestria’s time stream, then universe, then solar system, until it washed over the world. It moved undetected, it’s chaotic, unbridled power spreading silently until it reached a certain statue.

The raw energy was absorbed by the stone form, causing it to glow. It grew brighter a brighter until it nearly blinded the author, as the marble began to crackle with energy. An ethereal form leaked out, gathering at the foot of the pedestal. The ground cracked at the shear power being released into it, the wind blowing furiously as it added its power to the nexus of the unintentional spell.

The light expanded and became a tangible wave, engulfing the immediate area. Then, in an instant, it disappeared into nothingness. Leaving no trace of its ever being there, leaving the damaged earth repaired.

Darkness descended on the garden, leaving two forms silent in place.

One petrified.

One in a deep slumber.