• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 409 Views, 2 Comments

The Definition Of Happiness - Pwincess



After a long day of hard work, Celestia wishes for her life to change, unaware that the word she recited was of a Secret Starswirl Spell, what happens next shows her something she couldn't see for the millenniams she's lived.

  • ...
 2
 409

Who Am I

Her tired eyes weakly opened as she stretched her wings. Never once did she sleep so well in her life, no more servant hoofsteps or the clattering of the royal breakfast, not even the yelling of the royal advisor with hall the paperwork. The millennia's she had lived, she never thought she could ever escape the burdens she had once called her daily routine. She stepped towards a pond, looking back at the pony who returned the stare. She was enjoying the new life she had now, was that wrong? Was it wrong she didn't care if she's stay like this forever? She sighed, and retreated back to the house.

The little colt sat with a bowl of grapes in his hoof and the filly upside down on his lap, every so often levitating a piece from the bowl and popping it into her mouth. "Aren't you two suppose to be at school by now?"

"But it's the weekends!"
"But it's the night!"

It's still night? But it's supposed to be daytime by now. Why hasn't Celestia raised the- Oh, Ponyfeathers...

"Okay, my little ponies, who wants to go on a trip to Canterlot?"

"But daddy's coming home?" She rolled her eyes, muttering an Of Course as she did so.

"Oh... Right. May I see your... Class books."

That has their names labeled on it, right? I can play the role of their mama while I find out how to get back in my original body.

"Sure, mama! Here." They rummaged through a pink and blue bag, before taking out a damaged, stained book. Opening the first pages she found a report card stapled on each, calming Celestia.

Name: Stargazer Midnight
Gender: Colt
Age: 5 years
Type: Pegasus

Name: Shimmer Midnight
Gender: Filly
Age: 5 years
Type: Unicorn

They were interrupted by a knock on the door, and the sound of rusty old keys being rotated in their lock.

"I'm home!" A fairly familiar voice called from the entrance corridor, and both Stargazer and Shimmer ran out excitedly.


"CloudDrifter? Is that you?" Celestia answered, recognising his reassuring voice.

"Indeed, my dearest wife."

W-Wife... One of my royal guards referred to me as a W-Wife...

"Skips, are you okay? Your turning as red as a Tomato?"

I'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguard

"You look like you've seen a ghost, Cloudskipper!"

I'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguardI'mmarriedtomyroyalguard

"CUT IT OUT!" He hugged her, allowing the layer of red on her cheeks to thicken.

"I'm s-sorry, C-Clouddrifter... J-just a l-little s-surprised to s-see y-you c-come h-home e-early..."

"I always come at this time, Skips?"

"I-is that so? I-I'm going to rest a little... Hope you don't mind..."

Well... I'm doomed. I wonder if my funeral will be held on a Sunday. Luna always jokingly said it would but- Shut it, Celestia. You shall survive. I hope.