• Published 11th Jun 2015
  • 756 Views, 16 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Ever changing - AvianAlpha1



When a strange changeling arrives in a strange blue box in Octavia and Vinyl Scratch's back yard, they soon find themselves apart of something big. Join them as they uncover what really happened two years ago during the attack on canterlot.

  • ...
2
 16
 756

Chapter Five: A New Ally and an Old Enemy

Doctor Whooves: Ever Changing

Chapter Five: A New Ally and an Old Enemy

The throne room was magnificent to say the least. It was several meters tall and at least thirty meters wide. All along the walls were portraits made out of glowing blue crystals, depicting what appeared to be past queens. Bright, blue crystals hung from the ceiling illuminating the entire room. At the end of the hall sat a glowing blue, crystal throne as two guards in sky blue armor sat on either side of the throne, and sitting on the throne was none other than Queen Chrysalis herself.

As Octavia and Vinyl looked at the queen, she looked much different than what she did at the attack on Canterlot. She wore her mane in a nice neat bun with a string of small, glowing blue crystals braided in it, making it look as if her mane was glowing. She wore what appeared to be green webbing that stretched from the bottom of her hooves half way up her legs, more glowing blue crystals studded the webbing where the strands intersected. She wore a small breastplate that was made out of the same blue crystal with the green webbing over it. All in all, Queen Chrysalis appeared very regal and beautiful, as she presented an air of authority around her.

“I think we have the wrong changeling hive,” Vinyl thought as she stared at the queen.

“Come forth, don't be shy,” the queen said beckoned for the group to come forward.

The Doctor, Vinyl and Octavia slowly approached the throne, the guards not once letting the three out of their sight. They soon reached the bottom of the throne as Chrysalis looked down at them with a soft smile.

“Welcome back Heroes of the Hive,” Chrysalis said as she bowed.

“Okay,” Octavia said as she threw her hooves up in the air, “what did we do?”

Chrysalis looked down at the Doctor with a raised eyebrow to which the Doctor just shrugged.

“Well, as my general Melody would say-“Chrysalis cleared her throat as it glowed green for a minute “-Spoilers”

The Doctors head whipped around as her faced the changeling queen who was smiling at him with a sly grin to which the Doctor returned.

“To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you in my hive once again?” Queen Chrysalis asked.

“Well,” the Doctor began, “We would like to know what happened at the Attack on Canterlot.”

Chrysalis’s smile quickly dropped as she stared at the trio. She stammered for a bit as she tried to form words. She took several deep breaths before she composed herself.

“I feared that this day would come,” Chrysalis said as she got up and slowly walked over to one of the portraits. “Unfortunately, the information you seek, I do not have.”

“Wait WHAT!” Vinyl thought loudly as she got up and approached Chrysalis, “YOU’RE THE ONE WHO ORDERED THE ATTACK AND YOU DON’T REMEMBER IT?!”

“Vinyl…” Octavia said as she walked up and put a hoof on her shoulder, but Vinyl shook it off.

“No, you don't get to forget,” Vinyl thought as she seethed in anger, “You hurt a lot of ponies that day AND YOU DON’T GET TO FORGET WHAT YOU’VE DONE! YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE BLOOD OF THE PONIES YOU KILLED ON YOUR HOOVES! ”

“VINYL,” the Doctor yelled in anger as he glared at her making her freeze.

Then she heard crying.

Vinyl slowly turned her head towards the queen to see her body shuddering as she tried to keep her composure.

“Do you not think that I feel remorse?” Chrysalis said as she turned to look at Vinyl. “Do you think that I don't feel sorrow?”

Chrysalis began to advance upon Vinyl making her back up with each step. “I feel the pain of each changeling in this hive as they mourn for their fallen comrades and the death of their pony friends. Twelve million voices, crying out in sorrow and I am the one responsible, and the worst part is, is that I don't remember giving the command. So you tell me, oh noble Vinyl Scratch, am I punished enough for your liking, or do you have a way to send me deeper in to Tartarus?”

Octavia stared in astonishment while the Doctor just looked away. Vinyl could only stare at Chrysalis as tears streamed down the queens face. Vinyl only did the one thing that she could think of. She lunged at Chrysalis and wrapped her fore legs around her, giving her a hug. Chrysalis was taken aback by this but she wrapped fore leg around Vinyl.

After a minute Vinyl broke the hug as she walked over to the Doctor, and sat down with her back turned to the queen. The Doctor looked up as he slowly approached the queen.

“I’m so sorry your majesty,” the Doctor said in a solemn tone, “but any information about what happened before and after the attack on Canterlot would be helpful.”

Chrysalis sighed as she sniffed a bit before composing herself once more. “It would be easier to show you Doctor.”

Her horn glowed as she lowered it down to touch the Doctors. Images began to flow through his mind and voices could be heard. The queen broke the connection as the Doctor stumbled backwards, as he could now hear every voice in the changeling hive. He was connected to the hive. Their entire culture, their way of life, all information about the changelings. He sifted through the information as he found what he was looking for.

“I don't understand,” the Doctor said as he reviewed what he saw, “how could this happen?”

Octavia cleared her throat loudly as she got the Doctor and the queen’s attention. “Excuse me, not to be rude but can somepony tell us non changelings what the hay is going on?”

“For some reason, the queen appears to have gaps in her memories,” the Doctor said as he began pacing back and forth, “Large gaps, as if someone erased portions of her memory, but why.”

“So you wouldn't find out what I was planning,” a male voice said.

The Doctor froze as he slowly turned to look back at Chrysalis who was now smiling wickedly at the Doctor. The Doctor quickly jumped back as he now stood between the queen and the two mares

“Doctor, what's going on,” Vinyl thought as she looked at the doctor.

“I think I now know why the queen has had such a large chunk of her memory missing,” the Doctor said as he stood in front of Vinyl and Octavia, “someone has been manipulating the queen through her own telepathic field, essentially controlling her every decision and then wiping her memory so that she would have no recollection of the events.”

Chrysalis laughed as she said, “Oh very good Doctor, but it's a pity you didn't figure that out sooner. My you are getting slow.”

“Who are you?” The Doctor demanded as he stood up tall.

“Doctor you wound me,” Chrysalis said in feigned shock, “you honestly don't remember me? After all the fun we’ve had?”

“I only just got here,” the Doctor proclaimed.

“Oh but we’ve known each other before you ever got here,” Chrysalis said as she took a step forward, “Though I can't blame your old, feeble mind. After all, you’ve forgotten me several times.”

“I DON’T KNOW YOU!” the Doctor yelled.

Chrysalis opened her mouth, but then shut it as a smile crossed her face.

“Not yet, it's not time for the big reveal,” Chrysalis said as she sent mental command causing the two guards in the room to get up and begin walking over to the group, “for now I'll keep you here until it's all over.”

“Doctor, I'm scared,” Octavia said as the Vinyl put her hooves around Octavia and held her tight.

“I will stop you,” the Doctor proclaimed.

Chrysalis laughed, “Stop me? I'm not the one you should be worried about.”

“Then who?” the Doctor asked, anger in his voice.

“Oh you would love me to just tell you,” Chrysalis chuckled, “But it is already too late, and there is nothing you can AAAAAAGH!”

Chrysalis screamed as she clutched her head. “GET OUT OF MY HEAD!”

The Doctor quickly looked around and saw the two changeling guards were also lying on the ground cradling their heads.

“Doctor, what is happening?” Vinyl thought loudly as she ran over to the Doctor and Octavia.

The Doctor smiled as he looked over at Chrysalis who was trying hard to stay standing as her horn started to glow. “It’s Chrysalis, she's fighting back!”

The Doctor quickly ran over to Chrysalis. “Keep fighting; push him out of your mind.”

Chrysalis quickly touched her horn to the Doctor as several images began to pour in to his mind. Images of a cave filled with crystals, the changelings moving about as they were moving something in to the caves. Then he saw it, what truly lied beneath Canterlot.

“NO!” Chrysalis exclaimed as Chrysalis’s horn exploded with a powerful burst of energy, breaking the connection.

Chrysalis glared at the Doctor as the Doctor himself simply smiled and said, “So, the attack on Canterlot wasn't and attack at all but a diversion for an invasion.”

Chrysalis growled as she said, “You cannot stop it now Doctor, you’ll never make it to Canterlot in time.”

The Doctor smiled as he moved himself closer to Vinyl and Octavia. “Probably not a few minutes ago, no, but you want to know one thing that the queen taught me in the short amount of time I’ve been here?”

The Doctor smiled as he dug his hooves in to the ground and his horn began to flare a bright blue. “A NEW WAY TO RUN!”

Chrysalis’s eyes widened as she charged the Doctor. “NO!”

With a bright, blue flash, the Doctor, Vinyl and Octavia were gone.


The world around the Doctor, Vinyl and Octavia warped and stretched until it abruptly stopped, leaving them sprawled in a pile on the ground. Vinyl was the first to get up as she staggered for a bit before falling back over. Octavia got up, wobbled for a moment, and then quickly ran over to a nearby flowerbed and promptly puked her guts out. The Doctor was the last to get up but seemed to be better off than the two, save for a splitting headache he got after a few seconds.

The Doctor looked around to confirm that they were in the right place.

“That was a close one,” the Doctor said before getting hit on the back of the head by Octavia. “Oi, what was that for?”

“You could have given us some sort of warning that you were going to do that,” Octavia said angrily.

Octavia looked around as she realized where they were. “We're in Ponyville.”

The group looked around as they not only noticed that it was now dark out, but that they were indeed back in Ponyville.

The Doctor looked over to check on Vinyl who seemed to be straining something as her face was turning red. The Doctor quickly put two and two together as he walked over to Vinyl and put a hoof on her shoulder.

“Vinyl, I'm afraid that we could only hear your thoughts because of the hives telepathic amplification,” the Doctor explained, “and now that we're no longer in the hive your thoughts are no longer being amplified.”

Vinyl frowned as her ears flattened against her head.

BOOM

A large explosions was heard as ponies of in the distance could be heard screaming. Suddenly two ponies ran past the group as fast as they could.

“Doctor what's happening?” Octavia asked as another big explosion rocked the town.

“The invasion, the one that has been growing right under your noses,” the Doctor said, “The attack on Canterlot was merely a diversion, as the invasion force assembled without you even noticing it.”

More explosions went off as they seemed to be getting closer to the trio. Suddenly, two ponies walked around the corner and turned to look at the group, their eyes glazed over. The two ponies raised their right hooves reshaped themselves in to some sort of cannon.

“Doctor, what are those things?” Octavia asked as she and Vinyl got behind the Doctor.

The two ponies then opened fire.