• Published 28th Apr 2015
  • 253 Views, 2 Comments

The collection - Loud_Taffy



A collection of things that could be, should be, and are.

  • ...
 2
 253

The Beginning and the End

Gone

Everything is gone.

Bleak

Desolate

Barren

Nothing as far as the eye could see. Hills of dark grey ash lay motionless under an empty sky.

The sun is gone. The moon is gone. Having dissolved into dust over the millennia, their keepers along with them. All that is left is the silence of the universe come to a close.

I am the observer, the watcher if you will. The last bit of life here to witness the end. As I roam this world of ash and silence, I cannot help but sigh. All of it, the beginning, the end, the ages after.

All my fault.

Naturally it wasn’t always this way. This world lived, it lived in a incorruptible state of piece and harmony. its rulers just and kind, it thrived off of the love and dedication of all its inhabitance. As did countless others in the cosmos. Eventually, they all grew dark and disappeared.
Everything does in the end.

But not this world. This world lingered on far past the time it should have faded away.

I made it so.

I endeavored to keep this world in the realm of existence as a testament to the power that ravaged it so long ago.

A power that still radiates from my very essence.

it was hard at first, watching those who I loved grow old and die. there was a time when I refused to accept this.

No pony can bring back the dead. Believe me, I have tried. All of the souls that once resided here have long since moved on.

But I linger.

I linger in the hope that I may forgive myself for the events of that day.

The day it all ended, and the day it all began.

When the crust of the planet was seared clean in an instant. When the sun and the moon, so stricken with grief, faded into oblivion. When love was lost to despair. When chaos could no longer tip the broken scale. Madness became a fleeting dream. Sanity was a white hot blade to the heart.

And yet I linger.

I linger not as punishment, nor as victory. I linger to be, to learn, to toil, to exist. I preserved this world so that I could witness the end, and the beginning.

It grows close, I can feel it.

I write this now with the hope that it may be seen in the next. A small chance, I know. But a chance none the less.
Everything around me, the ash, the dust, the silence. It’s all that’s left of the world I call home. I have circled this globe many times. Never stopping, never resting, until now.

I have watched the universe die from my little marble. The stars are gone now. I watched as they blinked out over time. One by one they disappeared.

The force that binds everything (It was once called magic) is now converging on the last remaining thing in its universe, my world.

I can feel the end drawing closer, and the beginning.

It’s my fault. The world died before its time

I now know what I did wrong, what caused the spark. It matters little though; it could not have been avoided. Or perhaps it could have. I guess I shall never really know.

The memories of my life flow faster now. My family, my friends. The joy, the tears, the friendships.

Forever gone.

Destroyed by one foalish enough to tame the universe, or as least try to.

But I am not sad. For as I tell this story, the end draws near, and so does the beginning.

My name is Twilight Sparkle, and this is the story of how I destroyed the world.

Author's Note:

My first FimFic.