• Published 11th Feb 2015
  • 796 Views, 46 Comments

Cadance: The Love Arsenal - IndiBrony



Heart's and Hooves day is coming up; Cadance shows us how she goes about it.

  • ...
3
 46
 796

Cupid's Arrow

We arrive on the outskirts of the Crystal Empire. Cadance hovers above the air, observing the scene below. Everything seems relatively normal, bar one young colt. Cadance switches on the screen of her scouter.

"Okay, so we kick things off at home. The crystal ponies are amongst the happiest in Equestria. In olden times, all ponies were crystal. Unfortunately, harmony whittled down, and they lost their glow. Even one thousand years ago when Celestia sunk their last kingdom, the crystal ponies were a rare breed. They are much more in-tune with nature than your average pony, even Earth ponies struggle to match up against them. When a crystal pony is down in the dumps, they lose their glow. Other crystal ponies notice this change, and do their best to help out. It seems this little colt needs a little extra push in the right direction."

The scouter bleeps as it detects the colt. "So we're looking at a colt named 'Lightning Dash'. 'POWER' levels are measured in a way that combines the deficit of a pony's love, desire and drive. The higher the number, the more I need to do to help. This little guy has a power level of 19. That's not so high; it just seems like he's really nervous over something rather than being genuinely unhappy."

"Let's see what it is he desires." Cadance clicks the button on the side of her scouter, switching perspectives "Seems like he's fretting over whether or not a filly will like him. 'Cherry Blossom'." Lightning Dash begins trotting over to a table at a nearby fast food place. An adorable, peachy-coloured crystal filly skips over toward him. "This must be her" Cadance predicts, moving her scouter to scan her. A couple of bleeps later, her information appears. "Yep, that's her. Power level of 5. That's in a relatively safe zone; I guess she's not as nervous about this little get-together. Let's see what she wants more than anything."

The scouter bleeps over to the relevant information "She wants a caring young colt who will love her unconditionally" Cadance gleams. "Well your interests are compatible. Now let's see if you are compatible with each other." The Princess of Love draws out her bow, "We have to time this just right. She needs to be looking at him when this hits or it won't work, and even if she is looking at him, they need to have the right compatibility with each other, or the spark won't ignite. There are so many variables in love that this level of magic seldom works. I can't just make ponies fall in love. What I do is plant the seeds, ignite the spark, or whichever idiom you prefer to use."

The Princess kisses the tip of an arrow she had drawn from her quiver. Cadance begins drawing back her bow, taking aim at Cherry Blossom, "Cupid's arrow... fly!" she sings, releasing the arrow. It soars through the air, leaving a trail of translucent hearts floating up gently into the sky. The arrow arrives directly at Cherry Blossom's chest and simply disappears! Cadance promptly consults her scouter, "Cherry Blossom's power level is down to 2. Lightning Dash's is down to 4!" The pink alicorn seems pretty happy, "I rarely use Cupid's arrows anymore, as they so rarely work. This one seems to have done the trick, though. Lightning Dash seems more relaxed, Cherry Blossom seems almost smitten. I don't think I could have asked for a better result here."

"Done, done, and I'm onto the next one!" she smiles gleefully.