• Published 11th Feb 2015
  • 791 Views, 46 Comments

Cadance: The Love Arsenal - IndiBrony



Heart's and Hooves day is coming up; Cadance shows us how she goes about it.

  • ...
3
 46
 791

The Love Arsenal

We find ourselves in a magical crystal palace. Light bounces gleefully from each wall, creating a whole spectrum which brightens up the hallway. The light shines brightly through the window, as Celestia raises her sun for the morning. Inside the hallway, a stunningly beautiful pink alicorn walks slowly, meeting with a small pink earth pony. Out of nowhere, she pulls out a device. It looks like a small ear-piece in the shape of the Crystal Heart, complete with a tiny glass screen connected to it. The pink earth pony disappears from view almost immediately, without notice, without sound, after handing (hoofing?) the device over to the Princess.

The Princess clips the crystal heart to the bottom of her right ear, the screen covering her right eye. She taps a button on the side, and hears the faint sound of white noise through her ear. A couple of bleeps are heard, signalling a successful connection.

"Hey, there." Cadance begins, "I am Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. I recently discovered your species through... 'unspecified' means. I had no idea there was such active interest in our culture from unknown entities like yourselves. I also know your world is troubled with war, famine and disease. Make no mistake, Equestria isn't some magical utopia where those things don't exist, but as a society, we strive to rid ourselves of these tragedies above all else, and we do a pretty good job of it."

She reaches to her head-piece once more, clicking another button. The screen flickers. Words appear and disappear, like an old computer booting up its systems. Once the system is completely booted, she is greeted with a HUD - the system is scanning for something.

"What I am communicating to you through is called the Love Scouter. It detects nearby ponies, showing me their Potency Of Will, Emotion and Romance ("POWER") level. Put simply, it detects if a pony is happy, and lets me know what their heart desires most. I don't typically need this device, but it also broadcasts, and has some quirky little optional extras which may come in handy."

Princess Cadance clicks another button, shutting the screen off. The pretty pink pony princess trots elegantly toward a door at the end of the hallway. She utilises her magical horn, popping out a small, red heart, which penetrates the door and opens it. "Today is a day of great importance to me. Hearts and Hooves day has only just begun here in Equestria, and it's up to me to deliver love and happiness to ponies everywhere. It's the longest day of the year for me, and it takes its toll."

The doors open up to a darkened room. A wave of coldness hits Cadance as the air tries to regulate its temperature. The insides of the doors are made of crystal, reflecting light from all sources and focussing it inside the room, causing it to light up as bright as day. Inside the room were a number of crystal shelves, filled with various pieces of equipment, weapons and armour. Cadance steps inside.

"Let me introduce you Bronies" she smiles "to my Love Arsenal."