• Published 11th Feb 2015
  • 792 Views, 46 Comments

Cadance: The Love Arsenal - IndiBrony



Heart's and Hooves day is coming up; Cadance shows us how she goes about it.

  • ...
3
 46
 792

Love Less

The afternoon is beaming down sparkling sunshine all across Equestria. Cadance flies low, heading in the general direction of the Griffon Kingdom. "We have to fly low for a while. My path takes me over a small desert town known as 'Heart Acre'. There lives the most heartless pony in Equestria: a stallion named 'Love Less'."

"Love Less is a rotten pony. He's an inventor who uses rare metals to construct his obscene creations which he uses to spread fear and loathing in Las Pegasus. I've tried my hoof at converting him into a loving, caring pony for years but no method seems to work. He truly is the embodiment of hatred. I'll have to be cautious heading over his airspace as the year prior he had installed a new radar system that attempted to shoot me down mid-flight." and unfortunately for Miss Cadenza, this year is no different, for as soon as she utters those fateful words she is met with two huge anti-love rockets screeching toward her.

The Princess tries her best to outsmart them; flying around rocks, looping back over herself, and doing barrel rolls (pressing 'z' or 'r' twice on a small control panel on her armour sends electrical pulses through to her wing amplifiers allowing for quick and agile manoeuvres such as barrel rolls), but more drastic measures need to be taken to shake off these anti-love rockets.

Cadance calls on her trusty bow, drawing out special arrows with rainbow-coloured ends. "Explosive rounds." she smiles, pointing an arrow at the vessel. Unfortunately, the princess misjudges the speed of the missile and her arrow explodes just meters from her position, sending her barrelling toward the ground.

An on-looker in a wheelchair observes the Princess slamming into the ground and slowly wheels his way over to her. Cadance, still conscious, recognises the familiar squeaking of the wheels and bolts herself up off the floor. She hovers only slightly off the ground as she peers into the eyes of Love Less.

"Mi... Amore... Cadenza..." he grins slyly, wheeling himself closer to her.

"Love Less." she snarls.

"Now tell me, Princess, what it is that brings you to this here neck of the woods?"

"I have an important engagement in the Griffon Kingdom... and it's a desert, Love Less."

Love Less chuckles insincerely at the Princess' quick wit. "Indeed it is, Princess. Indeed it is," he wheels himself slowly around Cadance's side, keeping his distance, "but you mention the Griffon Kingdom. Now, as you know, I'm quite familiar with that place. I was, myself, an ambassador to the Griffon Kingdom many years ago, as you know, until there was a little... 'incident', shall we say."

Cadance lowers herself to the floor, breathing heavily, never unlocking her eyes from Love Less. "An unfortunate incident it was..."

"Who'd have thought the 'Princess of Love' could harbour such jealousy?" Love Less taunts.

"It wasn't jealousy!" The Princess snaps.

"Oh, ho, ho!" Love Less chuckles. "You're quite angry, aren't you, Princess? You know as well as I the events which unfolded that day did so in such a manner as to ensure your own rise to power. Did you ever consider the cost, Mi Amore?"

Cadance remains silent.

"No! Of course not! Had you considered the full consequences of your actions that day, I may still have had my legs!"

"You may have had your legs, but your heart would have remained as cold as ice, Love Less."

"Of course, but we both know who is at fault for that, don't we, Princess?" Love Less pulls out a device; a simple small square cage with thick black bars, barely large enough to house a small rabbit. A magical aura surrounds it.

"What's that?"

"A little project I've been working on. It is a machine designed to capture, and is also impervious to alicorn magic!" he laughs.

"How could you possibly know that?"

"Because it's already been tested!" he cackles manically, pushing a button on the remote control for his device.

The black cage springs into life, flying at an unbeatable pace toward the princess. The pink Princess turns to flee, but the cage magically grabs her and holds her still. The cage grows in size and the bars simply phase through Cadance before solidifying her inside her apparently impervious prison.

Cadance attempts to use her magic to escape, but true to Love Less' word, the cage is completely unaffected. Love Less pushes more buttons on the control, sending the cage hurtling through the air. The Princess of the Crystal Empire lands heavily, face-down beside a wall. She shakes it off and corrects her body's orientation, yelling Love Less' name.

Minutes pass before Love Less eventually wheels himself around a corner into view. "Love Less!"

"Come on, Princess!" Love Less smiles, 'playfully' ignoring Cadance's screams, "It's been so long, I thought you'd be happy to be in my company! It's so rare we get such an opportunity." he grins as he taps more commands for his device.

The wall judders and shakes before separating itself. Dust and debris fall, and warm air rushes out from inside what appears to be a darkened stairwell. The cage lifts Cadance once more, levitating her down. On the wall is a rail upon which Love Less places and fixes the back of his wheelchair to. With a touch of a button, the wheelchair glides gently down the rail. The wall closes in behind itself.

The only light left is emitted by the aura of the cage. It's pitch black, otherwise, and nothing can be seen bar Cadance inside the cage, and the faint reflection of the aura upon Love Less' face as they continue their descent.

Arriving at the bottom seems to take forever, but it eventually comes. Cadance is placed on the dusty, sandy floor by another cage. Love Less seemingly disappears.

"Hello?" The Princess of Love calls out quietly to the other cage. There was no answer.

Suddenly, torches hung on the wall light up in a blaze. Cadance's eyes adjust to the light and can now see what is in the cage beside her...

Princess Celestia!