• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 468 Views, 3 Comments

Life in Ponyville-book 2: Forever Love - SeaBreeze173



It's been 6 months since Sea Breeze and her family moved to Ponyville. She has her loyal dog that's been by her side through thick and thin, the sweetest coltfriend ever and the best group of friends a mare could ask for. But will it last?

  • ...
9
 3
 468

Chapter 2: Love is Beautiful, Love is Ruff

“Why would she do this?” Sea paced back and forth in front of the park bench the next day. Her coltfriend, Thunder Bolt, was sitting on the bench, watching his distressed marefriend pace in front of him.

“Sea.”

“I mean, she knows I can’t sing in front of other ponies!”

“Sea.”

“I can’t do it!”

“Sea.”

“She’ll have to do it without me,”

“SEA BREEZE!!!” Bolt shouted, making the mare flinch so hard she almost jumped out of her skin.

“What?”

“Relax,” Bolt said calmly. “You’re also making a trench.” He nodded at the ever-growing ditch. Sea’s right eye twitched slightly.

“Relax? Relax?! I can’t relax! My sister has gone and done something that is my worst fear! How can I relax?!”
Bolt sighed, shaking his head. “I don’t know why you’re so upset. You obviously have singing talent.” He gesturing toward her cutie mark. Sea took a deep breath, releasing it slowly. She folded her ears back against her head and looked at her hooves. “I know I have the talent,” Sea sniffed. “I just can’t do it.”

Bolt smiled gently. “C’mere,” he held his hooves out. Sea came up and sat down on the bench beside him, leaning into his warm embrace. Bolt wrapped his arms around his marefriend and kissed her lightly on her neck. “You don’t have to be afraid, Sea,”

“Ha, easy for you to say. You aren’t afraid of anything,” Sea scoffed. “Well, except Angus.”

Bolt pulled away and lifted Sea’s head up so that he could look her in the eyes. “I mean it. You don’t have to be afraid. I’ve heard you sing. You have a beautiful voice. If anypony has said otherwise, they are stupid and have no idea what real talent is,” Bolt paused, using his hoof to wipe back a wisp of Sea’s blue and burgundy mane. He smiled again. “You’ll do fine. Junie will be up there beside you. She’ll have enough confidence for the both of you,” he laughed, causing Sea to smile. She then closed her eyes and her ears flattened against her head.

“I’m still nervous. I really don’t like being the center of attention,” Sea pulled her head from Bolt’s hooves.

“Everypony is nervous at some point or another, Breezey,” Bolt bent down and lifted her chin once more. Sea stayed silent for several minutes as Bolt gazed lovingly into her eyes. She smiled gently, a light blush showing up on her cheeks.

“You’re right, Bolty. I’ll do the competition with Junie. You’ll be there, too, and the rest of the crew, right?”

“We wouldn’t miss it. I know the girls will be right up front, cheering you on. And I’ll be up there with them,”

“You’re the best.”

“You know it,” Bolt laughed. “Hey, how about a race? Loser gets a kiss.” Sea smirked and placed her hoof on Bolt’s chest, making him lean back.

“Then you’ll be getting a boat load of kisses.”
~~~

Sea Breeze kept the lead up until the last minute, when Thunder Bolt put on a sudden burst of speed. He sped up to where he was flying right beside her. She glanced at him and started flapping her wings faster. She didn’t notice Bolt pull up and begin flying above her. He descended and grabbed her with his arms.

“Eep!” Sea yelped as she felt his hooves around her midsection. “Bolt!” Bolt ignored her calls and went flying right onto a cloud. He wasn’t expecting the less-than-soft landing, however and really didn’t expect Sea falling right on his pride.

“OOF”

“Gah, Bolt! Why’d you do—uh, are you okay?” Sea turned her head sideways, her brows raised. Bolt had his eyes closed, his cheeks puffed out and slightly blue colored.

You landed on my you know whats,” he choked out.

“Didn’t catch that,”

You landed on my you know whats,” the colt grimaced. “Please, move.” Sea scrambled to get her hooves under her.

“Sorry,” she lifted up off her coltfriend and stepped beside him. "It was your fault, you know," she giggled. Bolt groaned as he tried to lean up, but ended up just falling back down on the cloud. Sea's eyes softened and softly smiled.

“Are you going to be okay?” she asked, leaning down to Bolt’s face.

“We’ll find out when we have kids,” he smirked, opening his eyes.

“BOLT! We’re only seventeen!” Sea punched him in the shoulder.

“What? Just planning for the future. And OW!” The brown pegasus rubbed the shoulder Sea hit.

“Is that all you colts think about?”

“Hey! We think of other things. Like hoofball. And pizza,”

“Sometimes I really don’t like you,” Sea huffed, crossing her arms and glaring at the colt. Bolt sat up and reached his arms around Sea, pulling her close.

“You know you love me,” he whispered in her ear, his hot breath making her ear twitch. Sea felt her cheeks go hot and she lowered her ears. She felt chills go down her spine and she shivered slightly.

“Ooh, did I hit a sweet spot?”

“You do know that I can punch you right where the sun don’t shine, right?”

“You’re brutal,” Bolt flinched, pulling away.

“And don’t you forget it either, buster,” Sea wiggled out of his grip and pushed him back down on the cloud, lying across his chest. Bolt leaned up slightly and placed an arm behind his neck. Sea looked up at him, her emerald eyes made him feel as if she were looking straight into his soul. Sea smiled gently as she gazed into his own pools of blue. She could get lost looking into his eyes. So loving. So kind. Bolt used a hoof to push back a wisp of her mane that was always hanging over her right eye. He used to same hoof to hold her face gently.

“Sea, do you know how beautiful you are?”

“I should, you never stop telling me,” Sea’s face turned crimson.

“And I never will. You are beautiful,” Bolt leaned towards Sea, kissing her lovingly on the lips. Sea closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss. The kiss felt as if it lasted forever and Sea wished that it would never end. She loved Bolt. She loved him so much. Every day she woke up and every day she went to bed, that brown coated, blonde maned, blue eyed knucklehead was on her mind. She didn’t want it any other way.
~~~

Sea didn’t know how long she and Bolt stayed on the cloud. She stayed snuggled into her coltfriend’s embrace. No words were needed. Just being in each other’s presence was enough for both.

It was nearing sunset when the two began to fly back down to Ponyville. They landed at the outskirts of town and took the path leading to Sea’s home. Sea leaned up against Thunder Bolt as the two slowly walked. He nuzzled her head sweetly and kissed her lightly on her cheek.

Angus came around from the back of the house as the two walked up. He took a glance at Bolt and did as much as scoff as dog could do. He leapt up onto the porch and laid down on his mat, his head between his tiny black paws. Despite his body being so large and muscular, his paws were small, something that made the mix breed canine all the more unique.

Angus continued to watch the two love birds stroll up the path. He knew that growling at the pony who stole his mistress’ heart was pointless. He would just be reprimanded and told to knock it off. He wished that things could just go back to the way they were, before Sea fell for Bolt. Angus wanted to be the love of her life once more. But her love had been given to another. He watched as his love kissed the one that had ruined his life. His sad brown eyes followed the mare’s every movement as she trotted slowly up the steps, turning to blow a kiss to the colt. His ears drooped as she walked right past him and through the door. He sighed sadly. Angus knew that he had been replaced. And for a dog, the creature that was made to be Pony’s Best Friend, that is the worst feeling of all.