• Published 11th Feb 2015
  • 1,816 Views, 16 Comments

Hunters In Equestria - DarthRevan



Two yautja hunters arrive in Equestria. One a youngblood and the other a bad blood.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,816

Reconciliation

Several days have passed since the temples destruction. Yearling was being kept in the Canterlotian Hospital while Ciede was snuck in to the Palace. Twilight and Luna stood by him in the throne room.

"Is this wise?" Ciede asked. "This Celestia might not react well to an alien in her throne room." He pointed out. Luna brushed him off.

"She's used to me bringing home strange creatures." She explained. She turned to Twilight. "Would you care to check up on Yearling? I think Celestia would react better if I didn't endanger her student the way I did." She asked. Twilight bowed respectfully.

"Of course, Luna." With a flash, the unicorn was gone. The sound of hooves clicking on the floor rang out. A yellow light encompassed the door as it swung open. A regal white alicorn entering the room.

"Luna! You have retu-" Princess Celestias words died in her throat as she saw Ciede. Her face was frozen in fear. This look disappeared as quickly as it arrived, being replaced with rage. "Yautja!" She began, using the alien language. "Speak in your tongue so this stays between us." Celestia ordered. Luna looked extremely confused.

"Of course." Ciede answered, in his language, after a pause.

"Why are you here?" Celestia questioned.

"A Bad-Blood named Cresun had killed my clan and retreated here. I came to kill him." Ciede answered.

"Does this Bad-Blood still live?" Celestia asked. Ciede shook his head.

"I killed him with the help of a trio of ponies." He said.

"And who were those?" Celestia continued.

"Luna. A.K. Yearling. Twilight Sparkle." Ciede explained. "They also killed a Serpent that Cresun had spawned." He said. "Worry not. He only made one." He added.

"Luna." Celestia said after a pause. "Please leave us."

"But sister!" Luna began.

"Please." Celestia repeated. Luna sighed in defeat and left the room. "What is your name?" Celestia asked once the door was shut.

"Ciede." Ciede answered. Celestia nodded.

"Well, Ciede. You have my sympathies for your clan. My thanks for destroying a Parasite and stopping The Bad-Blood. However, I must ask you to leave. I cannot allow someone who treats sapient creatures as prey to stay in Equestria." Celestia explained.

"I would if I could, your highness. My clan ship was destroyed and my escape pod was washed away in the rapids." Ciede replied. "Simply put, I have no way off planet." Ciede added. Celestia groaned.

"Then go back to Zebrania!" She said. "I made this mistake once and I will not make it again!" Celestia snapped. Ciede tilted his head.

"Before?"
-------------------------
Yearling was laying in a hospital bed. Her flanks had been bandaged and the burns treated. The doctors had told her the fur, and by extension cutie marks, would not be growing back. She banged her head on the headboard.

"Damn acid." She muttered. A tan unicorn doctor entered the room.

"Miss Yearling? You have a visitor. Says he's an old friend?" The doctor said. Yearling rolled her eyes.

"Send him in." She said. The doctor nodded and left the room. A few seconds later, and a familiar earth pony entered the room.

"Hello, Avian." Caballeron said. The tomb raider had some flowers in his mouth. Yearling had to hold back a laugh.

"You? Brought me? Flowers?" She asked in between laughs. Caballeron rolled his eyes.

"Yes, yes. Laugh it up, Avian. Your ex doesn't actually want you dead." He said. Yearlings face immediately hardened.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"Well, for one I wanted to see if you were ok." Caballeron answered as he put the flowers on a table. "I also wanted to apologize." He added after a pause.

"You got a lot to apologize for, chump." Yearling said.

"Yes. Yes I do. For letting my greed getting the best of me. For turning my back on you when you needed me. For betraying you to Ahuizotl. For a lot of things." Caballeron said. "I still remember the happy memories we share. Do you?" He asked. Yearling nodded.

"I remember." She simply said.

"I would like to relive some of those memories." Caballeron said. Yearling scoffed.

"And I'm supposed to trust you how?" She pointed out.

"Isn't that what this is? Trying to earn a little trust back?" Caballeron said. He sighed. "I think it goes without saying that I will no longer antagonize you on your adventures." He added.

"You know what they say, once trust is broken it is impossible to get back." Yearling said.

"I don't believe that. The Spirit of Chaos got a second chance. Am I really worse than Discord?" Caballeron asked. Yearling sighed.

"I suppose not." She eventually said.

"So I get my second chance?" Caballeron asked. Yearling smiled.

"Yeah, Cabby. You do."
-------------------------
"Yes, Ciede. There was a Yautja here before." Celestia said.

"I knew my father was here. He befriended a 'Starswirl'." Ciede replied. Celestia scoffed.

"Befriended is too strong a word. Starswirl was interested in your fathers technology and your father needed to know where he was stuck." Celestia said. "The only thing they ever got working was the communicator and the camera." She added.

"Up until a few days ago, he lived." Ciede pointed out.

"Oh, I knew that. Your kind are long lived after all." Celestia replied. "How did he die?" Celestia asked.

"He was trapped within the temple when it was destroyed." Ciede answered. Celestia sighed in defeat.

"I suppose you deserve answers. Ask away." She said.

"I don't have very many questions. I suppose the only one would be if you had the ability to send me off world." Ciede pointed out.

"I'm afraid not." Celestia said. "Now come, if you are to stay here then you must know the laws of the land." She added. Ciede moaned.
-------------------------
Twilight Sparkle walked into a sight she thought she'd never see. A.K. Yearling, one of her favorite literary heroes, was cuddling with Doctor Caballeron, one of the series' chief antagonists. So she did the one thing any mare in her right mind would do in this situation.

"Awww." She said. "Not that I mind what you two are doing, of course, but I thought you two were enemies." Twilight pointed out. Caballeron chuckled.

"The two of us were very close before Avian decided to get into archeology." He explained. "After that, business values tore us apart." He added. Yearling chuckled.

"Business values? I'm pretty sure it was a bit more intense than that." She said. Caballeron sighed.

"As your books point out." He said. Yearling chuckled nervously.

"Yeah, about that. Sorry for putting your name and look down without permission. I needed the bits." She explained.

"More proof that tomb raiding is better than direct archaeology." Caballeron said. Twilight giggled. They were just like an old married couple.

"Well, glad to see your flanks aren't hurting you as much as it was before." Twilight said. Caballeron frowned.

"Yes, I've been meaning to ask you about that. What the hell happened?" He asked. Twilight and Yearling shared a nervous look.

"The temple you were excavating was booby trapped. One of them caught my flanks." Yearling said. Caballeron hmmed.

"And the hunter that killed my men?" He asked.

"An Alpha Chimera. It got stuck in the temple before it was destroyed." Twilight explained.

"Are you sure? The survivor mentioned a bipedal monstrosity that slaughtered everyone with ease." Caballeron asked, a little accusing. Yearling sighed.

"Listen, the Princess told us not to talk about it." She said.

"Those were my men that died! I deserve to know the truth!" Caballeron said, anger poisoning his voice.

"Alright." Yearling said, much to Twilights surprise. "It was an alien. Two of them crashed here, those were the meteorites, and one began killing everything in an attempt to breed a super monster but, with the other ones help, we managed to stop and kill it." Yearling explained. Caballeron swallowed hard.

"Alien hunters on our world." He began. "Not good." He said.

"And why's that?" Twilight asked.

"It is my personal opinion that life, while complex, does not survive on its own. Species adapt to survive and change due to their environments. Alien life would be new here. Its genes would either prove to be superior to ours and spread or it would be inefficient and die out. Either option is bad." Caballeron explained. Yearling scoffed.

"You're forgetting one crucial thing about evolution. The genes need to be passed on. And alien life isn't very 'compatible' with us." She pointed out.

"And any germs? Bacteria? Anything microscopic would still spread. If it turns out to be more powerful than our microbiology then over the course of the next few million years, this world will become like its." Caballeron explained.

"Gods, you're smart." Yearling said after a pause.

"An interesting theory for sure but we don't know if they have any germs." Twilight said.

"Then find out. Microbiology decides the planet. New germs, new ways to counteract said germs. A new biological arms race would begin. This planet would evolve to become like the bipeds." Caballeron explained. The trio of ponies looked each other over, a new course in Equus might have been set by the previous days events.
-------------------------
The following night, many ponies were asleep in their beds. Only three living beings were awake in Canterlot. Celestia and Ciede were talking in the vaults. However, another creature was prowling the night. With a light thud, the creature landed on the rooftop. Its skin was a sick peach color. It was two legged and its body was thin enough to see the bones. A tail jutted out from the base of its spine, creating a flexible appendage with sharp point. Its claws were just as sharp and were on the end of muscular arms. Its head was elongated and eye-less. At the back of its head, were several tentacle like appendages that formed the shape of dreadlocks. Its mouth was covered by fleshy flaps. These flaps were revealed to be mandibles as the monster opened them up to allow its teeth filled inner mouth shoot out and destroy the lock of a window. The Abomination climbed into the Canterlotian home and went onto the ceiling. Several ponies were sleeping peacefully below. With clicks of satisfaction, it went to work.

Author's Note:

Sorry for not posting two chapters at once but here you go, the first chapter of the last arc.