• Published 8th Feb 2015
  • 392 Views, 3 Comments

New Friendship, New Magic: Origins - Grey Star



Azure Shine has a foal through unknown means, and has no idea on how to raise it. She has to go through the challenges of parenting on her own. And the foals name is Grey Star.

  • ...
 3
 392

Chapter 1: New life (Pilot/Test)

Author's Note:

I Liked the whole switching perspective like "The Steadfast Sky " so your also going to be seeing some of that in this story, but most of the time its just going to be Grey or his mom for this installment. Please give feedback in the comments I'd really like to see your thoughts so that i can make this an even greater story, so thanks and hope you enjoy!

P.S. Sorry about the grammar mistakes English is my second language and I'm still kinda getting used to it. I've only been in the states for about 9 months, coming from Africa and all its not the easiest switch, but hey i already love it here so after some time i should get better.

Chapter 1: New Life (Pilot/Test)

By:Grey Star (A.k.a C.M.O)

Any and all used characters in "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" is © by Hasbro

-Azure Shine-

It just became dusk, a nice assortment of colors in the sky. Though I had to be spending this beautiful moment in the Hospital. You want to know why? I was pregnant, even though i haven't mated with any stallions in like the past 2 years-3 years maybe? The doctors were even baffled by this, but it happened anyway... annnddd my water just broke. "Alright miss Azure your going to feel some more major contractions" said doctor Soar burn "When they happen i want you to push with all your strength."

"O-OK..." I muttered.

"Now Push!"

I felt a huge rush of pain travel through out my entire body, it was like getting your intestines tied in a knot.

"AHHHHH" I hollered

"That was a good push" Soar chimed in "just a few more like that, and this will be over quickly"

And for like that for about 4 more minutes there was just screaming and supportive words going around the room until the little foal's front hooves poked out. The foal was finally extracted, and gradually a feel of relief started coursing through my body. I was exhausted, beads of sweat dripping from my forehead making my mane stick to the pillow i was resting upon. Then the noise of a little foal rang into my ears. Doctor Soar then placed the foal into my arms.

"Its a colt" Doctor Soar burn clarified "Any names?"

The colt had a short, spiky, jet black mane and tail but his tail on the underside had a short blonde streak. His coat was a silvery-grey color, making it look kind of shinny in the light. Then on his sides were the tiniest of wings, but it looked like something was on the tip of his wings, I couldn't tell what it was though.

"Well seeing how coat shines, he'll be my little Grey Star" I answered.

"That's a fantastic name, he'll have a lot cut out for him with a mother like you."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Anyway all we need now is to get the birth certificate all filled out, we can do that tomorrow if you don't feel up to the task."

"Tomorrow sounds great, having a foal is tiring."

"I bet it is ."

And with that I shut my eyes and fell asleep, or so i thought. I was having a dream about Grey, how he's going to act, grow up, all that kind of stuff. He was just like me, Shy at moments then becomes a over exciting mess, can be really 'ignorant' with some topics then turns into a total genus with other, mostly unimportant topics. I really hopes he turns out that way.'Wait a second...' I thought 'I totally forgot how my parents are going to react to this, I didn't tell them that I was pregnant.' I started to panic which unfortunately woke my up from my slumber.

"Ughhhh" I choked out.

I looked out the window. Looks like its morning considering all this bright light flooding into my eyes. To stop my eyes from burning i looked around the room, there was white tiles on the ceiling and floor, a blueish-green wall, and medical equipment all over the place. To put it plainly, it was sterile, boring, lame, all of those thoughts running through my head until i heard the door open.

"Oh, miss Azure glad to see that you're awake" said Doctor Soar Burn "I hope you had a good nights sleep."

"Yeah, i was just thinking about a few things, but aren't we supposed to be filling out the birth certificate?" I responded.

"Yes all we really need is your signature then you can take Grey home."

"Okay."

Doctor Soar left the room then came back with the certificate. I signed it happily and prepared to leave. I had mixed feelings about having a foal. I was scared for all the troubles Grey might get into and how my parents were going to react to all of this. Then I was also happy I'll finally wont be alone, when he wont need my constant care I'll be able to have fun memories with Grey. Laughing, playing, sharing all that good stuff. Those two feelings were trying to dominate one another. I cast these feelings aside and followed the doctor to where Grey was sleeping.

"Okay here he is" Soar burn whispered.

Doctor Soar burn picked up Grey and hoofed him over to me.

"Thank you" I began "I guess I'll be leaving now."

"Okay, when he turns one make sure you comeback for another check up."

"Why?"

"Just want to make sure he's growing alright, he was a below average size for a Pegasus."

"Alright I'll try to remember that Doc."

"And if you forget we'll send a message through the mail anyway."

I nodded, turned around and left the hospital. First thing on the agenda was explain this whole situation to my parents, I wasn't sure how to but that's exactly what I'm going to do, no matter the consequence. I spread my wings, making sure Grey was fasten correctly and gently flew off to my parents home in Cloudsdale.