• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 450 Views, 5 Comments

Diamonds are a King's Best Friend - Cerulean Wingz



King Sombra has an heir who is less than thrilled to be his successor. Like his father, however, he has a strong desire to enslave and take over Equestria. However, a certain filly and her brother may keep that from happening, again.

  • ...
 5
 450

Twins Move to Ponyville

A Decade Earlier...

Diamond Peaches

"Stop touching me!"
"I'm not touching you..."
"Stooop!"
"I'm not touching you!"
Both Diamond and Gypsy cried out at the same time, "MOM!!"
Glam sighed, annoyed that her children could still bicker endlessly over nothing.
"Diamond quit annoying your brother... besides we are almost there."

The trio kept walking along a yellow dirt road. They were on their way to Ponyville from Las Pegasus. The train had dropped them off just outside the city limits, so they didn't have far to walk. However, Peaches was a diva, so she whined.

"Tell me why we have to walk again?"
Her mother answered without looking back at her, "Because your brother cannot fly. He is of the earth, remember? You are of the stars."

Sometimes she really didn't understand her mom. She occasionally spoke in riddles which confused her, and sometimes angered her because she didn't know what it all meant. Peaches kept walking behind her mother and in front of her brother with her mind in the clouds. The only reason they came out here was for her mother to open her shop and for them to be closer to the schools. She didn't know how she was going to adjust from living life in a bustling city and it scared her a little.

Would she make friends? Would she be bored out of her little pony skull? She sure hoped not for the latter. How would these new ponies take her fashion sense? She wasn't exactly conventional an Las Pegasus wasn't exactly... subtle. She hoped she could at least make a good impression on the new town. Diamond pulled herself out of her revelry as she approached the town hall with her mother and brother. She gazed at the domed building, tiny butterflies fluttering in her tummy. She walked in with her family. What was this all about? Why town hall? Wouldn't one want to go home and rest first? Peaches followed her mom to an area that had soft plush carpet and photos of ponies all over the walls.

"Mayor Mare insists we enroll you into your respective schools as soon as possible. Gypsy you will go to Canterlot Academy and Diamond you will attend Celesta's Academy for gifted Unicorns." Both filly and colt stared at their mother. Of course Diamond was the first to respond.
"Why separate schools?"
"Because that's the way it works here... and you, Diamond, have very special gifts"
"Ok... what kind of gifts?"
"Special skills that can use some developing... Soon enough you should know what your Cutie Mark will be."

Peaches was aware of the cutie mark. It was a symbol that appeared (usually early in a pony's life) representing a passion, occupation, or special skill. Her's would come when her talents were honed. So hone them she would.

//*//

Gypsy Daydreamer

Dreamer frowned as his mother made his sister seem so much more amazing then him. He was amazing too. Yeah, he didn't have a horn or wings, but he did have his mind. He could recall any event from history that he had previously read about. He read a lot, and the facts appeared in his head as if they were written in front of him. He was useful because he believed himself to be a living time capsule. Gypsy shifted n his feet and glanced around as his mother and sister chatted.

The room they were in had an L-shaped desk attached to a counter that sat higher than the desk itself. The room had no windows, only a skylight, and many doors. Some were labeled "conference room" others read "office # (insert digit)" and some were unidentifiable. Gyp looked at some of the art on the walls, enjoying the paintings of the Equestria landscape. He didn't notice when The Mayor walked in until she spoke.

"Ah perfect, the new family is here. Soon enough you all will meet Princess Celestia and her Sister Princess Luna. They both rule Equestria from Canterlot castle." The Mayor turned to address Gypsy. " Hello, gentlecolt. I see you have an interest in art." Gypsy turned to face her and blushed a little. He nodded then walked over to where they all stood. The Mayor turned her attention back to Glam Star.

"So we will need two enrollment forms, correct?" She said this as she moved behind her desk, sifting through pages of forms. Glam answered.

"Yes Mayor Mare, one for CAGU and the other for Canterlot Academy."
"Fantastic. I have those applications right here. I'll send you home with them. Just fill them out and bring them back with you tomorrow. You can tour the schools then too."

Glam smiled at The Mayor. She levitated the forms into her bag. "That sounds great. We will be there bright and early."
Mayor Mare returned the smile and continued; " I'm sure you will all love it here in Ponyville. We are a friendly, quiet town. Diamond and Gypsy, you both should make plenty of friends."

Gypsy nervously stared at the floor. He wanted to make friends but he didn't exactly know where to start. He hoped Mayor Mare was right. Dreamer heard his mother say goodbye and he too bid The Mayor farewell. Together the three walked out of the town hall and turned left. They walked down another dirt road. for a while. Gypsy looked around, observing the things and ponies that he passed. Before long they had arrived at a two-story, round building. The structure had a thatched roof and shutters on the windows. It reminded Dreamer of a cottage in the story books he loved to read.

//*//

Glam Star

Star levitated her key out of her bag and floated it into the lock on the door. Using her powers she turned the key, and opened her shop/apartment. Diamond was the first one inside, followed by her brother. Star turned on the lights and glanced around at the first floor. It wasn't all that nice but she could make it nicer. All she needed was a little time and some soapy water.

The first floor was bare albeit for a front receiving desk, two pony hair dryers, and two industrial sinks. The one wall was all empty shelving. Behind the desk were cabinets.

Glam was glad she had come out to Ponyville early, without her children, to oversee the preparation of her shop. She observed as laborers installed the sinks and dryers. She insisted there be a full wall of shelves for products, and cabinets to keep towels and capes, and anything else she may need to have on hand. The workers did a fantastic job and Glam had paid them well.
Now she walked to one of the shelves and inspected it. Satisfied, she motioned for her children to follow her. She walked down a short hall in the center of the shop.
She passed two doors, one on each side. One door was an office, the other for storage. The next door led to a restroom. In the place of what one would assume to be another door, was in fact a set of stairs.

Glam climbed them and found herself in a living room area, a half kitchen was off to the left and she could see another hall leading to three bedrooms and another bathroom.
Glam stepped farther into the loft apartment and headed for a bedroom that was considered a master. Her foals followed behind, stepping into their own sleeping quarters. The trio was exhausted and soon they all would be asleep.

Author's Note:

Full character Profiles and Bios can be found in my blog on MLPF via Poniverse. Just ask for a link.