• Published 5th Feb 2015
  • 351 Views, 5 Comments

Before Celestia~ - CuttingEdge



In the days before Celestia, shortly after the founding of Equestria. The earth ponies began construction on the first great city of Canterlot. The unicorns raised and lowered the sun uniformally, But it was up to the pegasi to defend it all.

  • ...
 5
 351

Days in the underground

- 4:00 P.M. 23 of red leaf. -

It had been to long to count since Diacon had taken hold of Equestria. Some ponies left immediately, some stayed to fight but dropped their weapons at the sight of Diacon. Most earth ponies were taken as slaves to harvest the fields, Unicorns served as equally lower class servants.
The pegasi were the majority of those who left. Knowing what harsh intentions Diacon had for them. A small underground was placed the moment Diacon took hold. All who once served the army now carried out actions to weaken Diacon's grip. It was no use ultimately.
Among the soldiers, Blaze, Peach, and Blueskies were sent in search of something that could aid the Equestrian empire somehow.

Three pegasi flew through the sky. Blistering heat. . . That was all they could feel. In the distance one could just see the boarder that led to Equestria. Green contrasting brown, Paradise and Tartarus itself blending in harmony.

"Ever feel like we're not gonna find anything?" Blaze spoke first.

"There has to be something. . . Hurricane said they would be out here." This time Blueskies.

"What do ya' think they look like?" Peach inquired.

"Smart cookie, Clover the clever, and Private Pansy. . . An Earth pony, a pegasus and a unicorn. Not that many ponies out here in the first place, should be easy." Blaze kept scanning the ground for ponies. It seemed like bland dirt would be the height of his day for weeks.

"There! Another travelling group." Blueskies pointed to a small caravan of ponies.
They were in a single file line that went on for at least a quarter mile. But from this distance they still looked tiny.

Blaze glided down to one of the wagons. "Excuse me, do you know a Private Pansy, Smart cookie, or Clover the Clever?"

"Not the others, but Smart cookie rings a bell. . . Two, three wagons back. There's an Earth pony a Unicorn and a Pegasus. Kinda obvious once you get to it." The man pointed down the row. "Also, before you go. . ."

"Yeah?" Blaze filled in the man's silence.

"You're a Pegasus. Were you there when Diacon crossed the boarder?"

"Yes. . . I was there."

"Did anyone try and stop him!? Why couldn't you have tried? Our homes are destroyed, thousands are working as slaves because of Diacon."
The man's anger was justified.

"That's why we're here, sir. We are looking for a way to drive him off."
Blaze took of towards his target before the man could speak again. This was not the first time he had been questioned about his actions at the boarder. People would shout at him, even get violent at times. What they didn't realize is that it was not helping.

Blaze arrived at the wagon. A muscular blonde haired earth pony pulled the cart.

"Smart cookie?"

The pony looked up, but didn't slow down.
"That's me all right."

Blaze let out a sigh of relief. "Are Clover the clever and Pansy here too?"

"Uhhh, yeah. Who's askin'?"

Blaze was relieved to here the others were there as well. No more flying around the desert for him.
"I'm private Blue Blaze, with the Equestrian military. I'm here with some questions. . . A lot, actually."

Smart cookie looked up at the sky.
"Alright, but it'll have to wait until night. The train moves on and such."

Blaze just nodded his head and flew over the wagon, signaling for Sky and Peach to come down. Smart cookie reminded Blaze a lot of Peach. Accent, colour and such.

Sky made it down to Blaze.
"Did you find them?"

Blaze nodded.
"That's Smart Cookie there."
He said, pointing at the earth pony.

"Well? What are you waiting for?"

"Night, apparently."
Blaze shrugged.
"Just stick with me."

- 8:32 P.M. 23 of red leaf. -

Smart cookie finally stopped. Halted by the wagon in front of her.
"Ok! Camp time y'all."
She shouted to the back of her wagon.
A pegasus and a unicorn popped their heads out the back.

"I'll get the tent."
The unicorn spoke first.

Blaze flew down to the unicorn, Clover the clever.
"Uh, hey."

Clover looked him over.
"Hi? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here on behalf of the Equestria-"
Clover cut him off before he could say everything.

"The military? As in the guys who abandoned the boarder, letting in an army of monsters who now control our former home?"

"Eeeeeh, yeah. But i'm here for a good reason."
Blaze was actually suprised. Apart from the cart pulling man he had first talked to, she was being more polite than any of the other ponies he had talked to.

"I'm sorry. I just have some mixed feelings about you "war pegasi." Quoting from others, not me."
Clover finished pitching the tent.

"I just need to ask you some questions."

"Ok, i'm all ears."
Clover took a seat.

"Alright, Hurricane sent me to ask you about the Windigo incedent. He said you would explain it."
Blaze too took a seat by the tent.

"Well. . . It was a slightly darker time like now. Hurricane, Platinum, and Chancellor pudding head had driven the three tribes to almost the brink of war. The hatred coming from them was what brought the windigos. A blizzard spread over our lands. This drove us to find Equestria. When we all did, we fought for it. And once again the windigos started a great freeze. This is probably the part Hurricane wanted you to hear.
When the arguing started, the three began to freeze over. Pansy, Cookie and I huddled together. We were pushed against the wall. And frost started creeping slowly up our legs. It was then we spoke, at waht we thought was the end we made a kind of. . . Peace treaty. Then, I felt something. Magic flowed from them to me, me to my horn. Next thing i know i had banished the windigos and the tribe leaders were scratching their heads once more. That feeling though. . . Like harmony between me and them. Perfect harmony."
Clover's shortened version of the story had had a full effect.

"Ok, thank you for cooperating. I'll be back soon."
Blaze took off towards Pansy. The only thought in his head was about clover's last words. . . "Perfect harmony"
This could definitely be of use to the cause. . .

Author's Note:

Sorry about the delay, this is how long it takes me to ACTUALLY write a chapter. :twilightsheepish: