• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 664 Views, 4 Comments

The Shadows of the Past - mikki



King Sombra was not always evil. This is my take on his story.

  • ...
9
 4
 664

The Admirer of the Night

Luna ran scared along the Crystal Palace's halls, fear embedded in her eyes, as she fell over Celestia.

"Luna, whatever is the matter?" inquired the older alicorn.

"Oh, Tia, I'm scared. But I can't tell you."panted the younger alicorn.

"Why not?"

"I promised not to tell."

"Fine Luna. You do not have to tell me. But you must raise the moon."

"It is afternoon?"

"Late afternoon. Now go."

"See you at dawn, sister."

***

As Luna finished painting the sky with beautiful constellations, she sat down on the grassy field, admiring her work.

"It looks amazing, Princess," said a stallion.

"Tis' not our greatest work,"answered Luna.

"Amazing nonetheless,"said the stallion sitting beside the princess.

"King Sombra!? Excuse us for not recognizing thee. We are so sorry." gasped the princess surprised.

"Please Luna, don't use the royal language. Apart from our royal duties, you can call me Sombra and I shall call you Luna." said the king calming down the startled princess.

"Of course. Excuse me. I am used to formality."

"You are forgiven. Now tell me, how can this beautiful masterpiece not be your greatest work?"

"Well, I have created nights mote beautiful than this one."

"I recall other nights did seem more beautiful."

"You... admire the night?"

"But of course. Such peace and beauty in a flow of nature infused with magic. Also mysterious.Like you. A mysterious beauty in the shades of the night. far more braver than your sister."

"Thank you. No one has ever told me that. They all seem to enjoy Celestia's day more than my night."

"All but I." said Sombra leaning towards the princess and kissing her.

"You truly seem to enjoy them like me." whispered Luna kissing the King. "But I must leave. Goodnight my dear.

"Goodnight my beauty."