• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 664 Views, 4 Comments

The Shadows of the Past - mikki



King Sombra was not always evil. This is my take on his story.

  • ...
9
 4
 664

The Castle's Secret

Luna was trotting through the castles long halls. She was trying to find her way to the library to make some research on the crystal pony history. Lost, she attempted to make her way back only to stumble upon a passage to the library.

"This wasn't here before. What is this place?" she asked, entering the dark room. There were books of all sorts, scattered all over the floor, many of them ripped and tattered. Most of the books were open and two dark demons emerged, one with eyes a blood red, the other with eyes a reptilian green, staring at the horrified princess.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here, Nightmare?" asked the demon with the red eyes.

"I believe it is an alicorn princess, Shadow." answered the other demon. "What is your name young one?"

"I will never mention my name to a bunch of dark demons!" snarled Luna.

"Darling, we were once real ponies. Under the rule of King Rubinus. Weren't we Shadow?"

"Yes, Nightmare. The king was jealous since we had each other and he was alone."

"But he had his wife!"

"Darling after Queen..."

"DO NOT MENTION HER NAME!"

"Fine. After the Queen died."

"Did you do something bad?"

"No, Princess, no. Nightmare and I were walking by the gazebo and the king saw us. Jealous as he was, he turned us into shadow demons, trapped inside books of dark magic."

"But why would he trap you? He had his sisters, Saphira and Rubine."

"Darling, all families have problems. Some more grave than others."

"What time is it?"

"Sundown, I believe."

"Well... I should...leave. Good bye I guess."

"Wait, Princess! Do not tell anyone about us. We are your little secret, ok? Good"

"OK." answered Luna scared as she ran out of the room. Turning around she watched the secret passage disappear.

Author's Note:

Feedback is always appreciated:pinkiehappy: