• Published 4th May 2012
  • 618 Views, 5 Comments

Unbinding the Beast - Enzo



Its another beautiful day in ponyville but one cant help but ask why is one of us bound.

  • ...
 5
 618

Chapter 2 Conscious Coma

Chapter 2

It felt like his soul was traveling this dark void for years. The only thing Big Mac could see was that speck of light constantly out of reach all this time but suddenly that speck of light opened to this huge portal. It gave Big Mac just enough time to see that another young pony was playing on his family's farm. He had a crimson color coat and a honey wheat colored mane... " that.. That's me" just as he muttered the words he felt everything that he was get forced into this shade of ponyville.

He was now one with his childhood self, but only able to see and feel what was around him. " how is this possible" After questioning his sanity many times over Big Mac realized this body he was in, this childhood memory he was forced into, he did not have his harness. Intrigued by this Big Mac tried to force every detail to memory. "Something must have been forgotten, why would I be forced to return here." He didn't know what to look for but everything seemed normal. The sun shining, the farm was just full of life and vibrant, for a minute or two Big Mac felt at..... Peace.

Hours go by and the young colt was, well doing what all children do having fun, giggling with the other ponies when out of no where a sharp pain struck the colt, " AAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" .......... It wouldn't stop .... This pain ....... " WWWW...HHHHHH....AAAAA..TTTTT .... IIIII.SSSS ...... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH....." the pain felt like Celestia herself was tearing the fibers of him apart. " H..E..L..P...M..E.. PPP..L..E..A..S..E !!!" By this point any other pony would have blacked out from the sheer pain. " I CAN'T TAKKKEEE IT ANYMOREEE " Crippled by the pain Big Mac was on his knees, tears pouring from his eyes but not normal clear like they should be. No these tears were dark as night. His body was shaking and his eyes were pitch black from his tears.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO.... NOT AGAIN !!!!". Granny Smith was already on her way when she heard the screams of terror. " HA ... HA HA ...... HAHAHAHAHAHA." Big Mac's screams turned to demonic laughter. " Fools , you had your chance" the possessed colt replied. By this point Granny Smith was right behind the husk of the colt. With his harness, the very harness he had his whole life, she slammed it firmly around his neck and caused young Big Mac to black out and at the same time sending the older Big Mac back to his body in the current time.

---------------------------------------------

As Big Mac slowly regained his consciousness he tried to find his footing. At first he couldn't even move his hooves, they felt like steel, but once he was able to get a few minutes of rest the pain was bearable. As the colt lifted himself off the ground he noticed that his harness cracked clear in half but this was the least of his worries, the now pitch black woods were peppered with glowing red eyes. Every movement Big Mac made was followed with those same eyes... becoming more concerned for his own safety he started to make his way to the very same ax that knocked him into last yesteryear but at this point he was running out of choices.

The growls were low at first but the more Big Mac progressed through the woods the more it became a deafening snarl.

" No..... Timberwolfs.... "

These were the same types of wolfs that nearly killed Granny Smith when she first came to ponyville, but when she told the story there were only three maybe four of them. Twenty eyes... And that was only what Big Macintosh could see while hobbling to the ax. His heart sank as reality started to set in,

" I still have no less that thirty hoofs to even get to that damn ax... And even if I make it there before these beast get to my flank there is no way I can take on this many timberwolves"

Even though the odds were drastically not in his favor Big Mac still pressed toward the ax but as he drew closer to the mysterious weapon so did the bloodthirsty animals.

"Almost halfway there." The ax shined almost like it was a ray of hope in the dark abyss of the woods. Still is much pain from the unwanted trip in his own memories his legs began to fail him in a big way. "Not now , anytime but now!" the colt yelled to his lazy hind right leg, now dragging the dead weight he could feel the hair on his mane stand on edge seeing that the wolves have closed the distance.

" Just a few more hooves and I'll at least have a weapon" Big Mac thought to himself when his other hind leg decided to join the party, just inches from his grasp he began to drag himself towards the ax. " I swear if I make it out of thi..." before he could finish his sentence one of the wolves sinks his razor sharp teeth into one of Big Mac's uncooperative legs and blood began to form a stream down his leg. " AHHHHHHH..... GET OFF YOU DOG!!" He quickly rolled over and weakly kicked the wolf in the face just enough to break his grip.

Big Mac used this window to firmly grab the ax in his mouth but this time there was no shockwave, no magical force field , nothing .... Just an ax made for a bigger warrior than normal. At this point Big Mac accepted the fact that he was on his own for this ride but if these wolves wanted a meal they were going to have to work for it. He moved the ax just enough to taunt the beast one last time..

" IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT .... THEN COME AND GET IT YOU PUTRID DOGS!!!"

"Out numbered, wounded, tired and cold... You sure know how to throw a party there Big Mac" he thought to himself . "... Let's show them what I'm made of..."