• Published 4th May 2012
  • 618 Views, 5 Comments

Unbinding the Beast - Enzo



Its another beautiful day in ponyville but one cant help but ask why is one of us bound.

  • ...
 5
 618

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The earth was soft benith his hooves as he followed the path further west, even thought there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the sun was shining bright Big Macintosh couldnt help but feel a shiver down his spine. The sky slowly became covered with the canopy of weaving orchard trees and as the colt reached the edge of the property the sun seemed to be setting much earlier than usual. After a few hours of vigorous work Big Mac decided to venture further than he normally would, further than anypony would, towards the forbidden woods.

The strong colt could remember the stories that his Granny Smith would tell of beasts entwined with the spirit of the woods. Stories of the countless ponies lost in exploration of the unknown, but none to ever return. Stubborn and headstrong Big Mac continued almost with purpose to find something but what he did not know.

Afternoon quickly turned to night but the canopy over the curious colt's head did not alert him to return home. The earth was now hard and the air became stale and cold, strange noises were coming from the woods but he only took this as an invitation to proceed further. Suprisingly a gentle breeze started to follow Big Mac from his flank almost to show him direction. It also carried a soft voice calling the colt to it.

"We have watched you grow........" The colt stopped dead in his tracks. " We have seen your pain......" the wind continued to whisper. " Let us free you from your shackles.... Let us show you your true path...." paniced Big Mac began to run blindly past trees and over bushes. " Let us open you eyes......" heart beating frantickly and all sense of direction gone Big Mac felt trapped and the colt ran as hard as he could and let out a bellowing roar.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME!!!" Just as he could regain his breath he tripped over a stump causing him to roll and lose one of his horseshoes. Ready to call this exploration quits he gains his stance and walks toward the stump to find his lost gear.

Scanning the area Big Mac finds his missing horseshoe right next to the stump that caused his fall, but when he looked closer this was no stump. It was definatly made of the trees here but it was smooth and etched with a strange design. The wind had stopped and the voices as well and while looking around the area near the strange item Big Mac couldn't help but notice that his harness was made of the same wood that tripped him.

"How can this be... Granny Smith told me I was given this harness by my father when I was a young colt." He touched his harness with the shoeless hoof only to notice he had been cut when he tripped earlier. " I never got to know my father, and I can't remember a time before I had this hunk of wood around my neck." the colt could feel his blood flowing faster, his body became warm. " I can't remember when I was just a young colt either." his breathing became quick. " but this piece of wood in the earth, in the forbidden woods, is the same as my harness!" his eyes diolated, and his body became hot with anger. " I guess i'll just have to see what you are. If this is what has been on my neck all these years then you must be something tied to my past"

Big Mac started to dig up the strange item, slow at first but as he came closer to seeing what was so well hidden the in forbidden woods he began to lose control of his emotions. The more anger he showed the heavier his harness became, but this only fueled his rage to find out what was in the ground. " An Ax..? Why would an ax be in ponyville" but as he reached for his discovery he felt time slow down and his harness become light as a feather. " I am going to have a few words with Granny about this." Just as he grabs the ax in his mouth a magical shockwave launches him into the air. As the magic jolts his whole body through the woods he can see a faint shadow.

" Wai.................." but before he could mutter the word "wait" his head made contact with one of the trees, it felt like steel for the second he could remember but then all that was left was darkness. It was pitch black, he could feel nothing, he could see nothing then suddenly his mind was launched through the vast emptiness towards a speck of light.