• Published 16th Jan 2015
  • 811 Views, 19 Comments

Bites: Short Tales of Princess Celestia, Princess Luna and The Royal Naptime Law - TheAnonymousT



Everypony needs vacation time now and then, even princesses. So Celestia and Luna are sent on a week-long vacation, with no responsibilities and no company but each other. Celestia plans to relax; Luna, not so much...naturally, shenanigans ensue.

  • ...
2
 19
 811

Bite 6: Portal

“CURSES!” Luna screamed, for what for Celestia felt like the hundredth time. All Celetsia wanted was a peaceful morning, sipping tea and reading for pleasure by the fireplace, but obviously Luna would not allow it. Wondering what in Equestria could get Luna so worked up, Celetsia decided to go investigate.

Luna was in one of their sitting rooms, hunched over some strange box-like device that appeared to be made of metal. Celestia had never seen anything like it before and so she assumed it was another of her sister's oddball creations. Luna did not appear to be building or repairing the strange device, however. Instead she was pressing tiny buttons on some sort of typewriter-like pad with one hoof and operating an odd, almost ball-shaped implement wildly with the other hoof. Both the pad and the ball were connected to the metal box with thin black ropes.

“CURSES!” Luna screamed again, slapping her hoof against the ball wildly, causing it to make odd clicking noises every time she hit it. “NOT AGAIN—ah, how relieving. A checkpoint.”

“Luna...?” Celestia asked cautiously.

Luna, staring intently at the box, did not see her sister, despite Celestia standing only a few feet in front of her.

“Luna...?”

“CURSES!” Luna shrieked. “A VICTIM OF GOO ONCE AGAIN!”

Celestia was a little worried for the mental health of the Princess of the Night.

“Luna...?”

“Yes, my Sister?” Luna asked absentmindedly as she hit the typewriter pad with her left hoof.

“What are you doing?”

Luna started hitting the ball repeatedly with her right hoof. “NO!! I WANT A BLUE PORTAL, NOT AN ORANGE ONE!” After a moment she turned her attention away from the metal box. “I'm playing a game,” she said. “It's quite enjoyable. Come have a look.” Luna beckoned her sister to her side of the metal box as she hit a key on the typewriter pad and focused once again on the metal box.

A quite confused Celestia trotted to the other side of the desk where to her surprise the metal box was not made of metal, but many bright colors that constantly changed. There was slanted text printed on the bottom edge of the colors, but it was printed to small for Celestia to read.

The metal box appeared to be some sort of advanced magical device that reproduced another pony's vision onto a miniature movie-like screen. Celestia watched as the pony walked through a room to a ledge. Rather than stopping, however, the pony jumped and was falling down to the light grey tiled ground.

“No!” Celestia cried out. “We have to save them!”

Luna let out a short laugh as she hit the ball with her right hoof once. Out of nowhere a blue oval appeared directly before the falling pony's feet. Instead of dying, a slightly dizzy Celestia watched the room spin and reorient itself for the pony. Instead of falling straight down, they were now gently flying through the air. A few short seconds later, the pony softly landed in another section of the light grey room.

At this point Celestia was very confused. “So the pony can fly? But why would a pegasus pony jump from such a height without breaking their fall with their wings? That doesn't make any sense. Where is this pony? This odd room looks like a prison cell. Maybe when we get back to Canterlot, we should send out a rescue team for them.”

Luna, who had been concentrating on the game this whole time, suddenly shrieked and lept backward as the screen flashed and the pony collapsed to the ground.

Celestia gasped. “Is she dead? What happened? Why can we still still see her surroundings, even though the vision channel should be terminated? Why--”

Luna tapped a key and the pony sprung back to life, much to Celestia's confusion. “Don't worry, sister,” she said kindly. “I've got everything under control. How about you go back to your room and busy yourself with an activity from your own century? Like a book, or a piece of parchment, or maybe a clay tablet.”

Celestia backed out of the room slowly. It would probably be for the best.