• Published 20th Jan 2015
  • 715 Views, 41 Comments

Clouds - Zuzuers



Every 100 years in Equestria the Centennial Monsoon is made by weather Pegasi, but this storm is so huge it requires Alicorn magic to hold it together. It is the most important storm of the century. The weight of a century lies heavy on everypony.

  • ...
3
 41
 715

Chapter Four: Sobibor

Fluttershy and Derpy were hurled around in the storm. Both screamed at the top of their lungs, but it was drowned out by the roaring wind and clashing thunder. The little mail that was in Derpy’s bag was spinning wildly in the air.

“HELP US!” Fluttershy cried, but no one came to the rescue. They were tossed aimlessly for what seemed like forever before the ground became uncomfortably close. It came as a shock, but they were falling. Fast. Both of the ponies fluttered their wings in a desperate attempt to break their fall, unfortunately neither of them were exceptional fliers. The ground came faster, and faster, and right when they were expecting a crash, a magical aurora surrounded them. The two Pegasi were in shock as they were suspended in magic for a fews seconds. But those few seconds faded fast, and they were soon flung out and into the air. The good thing was that they were out of the storm, the bad thing was they were once again headed for the ground, even faster than before. The two ponies screamed helplessly and they tumbled into the pine forest below them. Tree branches were like whips as they fell. They cut and ripped at their coats, causing pain to shoot through them as it never had before. The trees, after all the damage they had done, set them nicely onto the bed of pine needles below. The two Pegasi groaned in pain while they lay on the ground. It was a moment before either one of them regained the conciseness to even think about where they were.

“Where are we?” Fluttershy muttered, as she began to look around her.

“In a forest.” Derpy replied, while she stumbled to her hooves.

“I hope it isn't the Everfree forest.” Fluttershy hoped. Anything would have been better then falling into the Everfree forest.

“I don’t think so. To piney.”

“Yeah it doesn't’ really look like the Everfree forest.” Fluttershy got to her hooves and looked around. Derpy was already hopping around and investigating her surroundings.

“Is it just me, or is it cold?” Derpy asked as she popped out from behind a tree.

“Yes, it is.” Fluttershy replied as a wave of shivers ran through her body. She looked around at the trees. These trees were unlike anything she had seen before. The storm must have shot them really far away.

“Sweet Celestia!” Derpy shouted. Fluttershy jumped in shock.

“What?” Fluttershy asked, running to Derpy’s side.

“That.” Derpy pointed her hoof at a skinny, male human tumbling through the forest in raged clothes.
Huge, brown and black wolves were right as his heels. Loud bangs followed the wolves. It was some sort of chase.

“Where is he going?” Fluttershy inquired.

“We’re gunna find out.” Derpy replied.

The two Pegasi forgot about their pain and flew after the running human and wolves. More of the loud bangs were heard behind him. Fluttershy and Derpy flinched. The man ran faster.

“Are those wolves?” Derpy asked.

“They look like wolves, but the colors are wrong. They might be a wolf - dog mix.” Fluttershy replied, but quieted when they heard voices behind them.

“Packt ihn!” A rough voice screamed.

“Schneller ihr stumme Hunde!” Another called. More bangs were heard. This time they were much closer.

One of the wolf-dogs took notice of the two Pegasi flying through the forest, and took off after them. The creatures mouth was dripping with saliva; its eyes burning with hate. Fluttershy and Derpy flew faster, faster than either of them knew they could fly. Derpy motioned for them to go up above the trees. Fluttershy didn't need to be told twice. She bolted into the sky where she was greeted was a shower of bullets, one of which grazed her left wing. Above the tree she could see a flag flying high from a tower at the end of a forest. It was a sign of bright red color against the grey, bleak sky. In the center was a white circle with a weird black symbol on it.

“Get back down!” Derpy screamed, now realizing her mistake. Fluttershy flew down from the tops of the trees. Along with the barking, shouting, and loud bangs, a horrible siren sounded through the forest. Fluttershy covered her ears.

“Ugh! What is this place?” She wailed.

Derpy nudged Fluttershy, “We have to keep going.”

“What?” Fluttershy asked, talking her hooves off her ears.

“We have to keep flying.” Derpy repeated. Then the two took off, and were soon parallel with the running man again. They didn't notice though. Both of them were too distracted by the monstrous wolf-dog behind them, so distracted that they didn't see the forests end or the black wall of barbed wire in front of them.

“Komm zurück du blöd Hund!” One of the men called. The monstrous wolf-dog retreated leaving Fluttershy and Derpy in peace. The two Pegasi sighed in relief, only to see their next trial in front of them. Fluttershy halted and crashed into the ground, while poor Derpy slammed right into the wall. The barbed wire hooked into her soft flesh and tore up her grey fur. She screamed in agony.

“Derpy!” Fluttershy shouted and she ran up to her friend. Derpy was tangled deeply into the barbed wire. Blood poured from her wounds, and started to drip onto the ground.

“It’s okay Derpy. I’ll get you out.” Fluttershy reassured her, although she didn't think the she could. Before she even began to peel Derpy off of it, she her two of the loud bangs really, really close. She looked to her left and saw the man that was running shot mercilessly with the bullets that nearly hit her in the sky above. The same red blood that was pouring out of Derpy, gushed out of the human. He eventually collapsed to the ground in an uncomfortable pile. The dog surrounded the man and started to tear at him. The sirens stopped. Fluttershy didn’t watch the rest of it. Derpy needed to be free of the barbed wire.

“Who would ever make something this horrible.” Fluttershy muttered to herself as she freed Derpy’s wing. Derpy groaned.

“It’s going to hurt a while, but being free will help the pain to stop.” Fluttershy said to Derpy. After ripping, tearing, and yanking at Derpy and the barbed wire for sometime, Derpy was eventually free. Unfortunately, she was covered in blood and more fur was on the fence then Derpy. Fluttershy lifted Derpy onto her back and walked back into the forest, where she laid Derpy on a soft bed of pine leaves. Now that she was free the silly filly started to cry. Fluttershy cuddled close to her.

“I’ll be okay, Derpy. I’ve gottcha.”

Derpy cried into Fluttershy’s chest. Derpy’s blood leaked onto Fluttershy’s fur, staining it red.

“You’ll live. You’ll be okay.” Fluttershy reassured as she rocked her new friend. She was almost crying herself, but held in the tears for the sake of her friend. The two Pegasi sat there for some time, and Derpy fell asleep on Fluttershy. When Fluttershy realized this, she gently set Derpy down, and walked through the forest to look for some sort of pain-killing plant, but she could find none. Fluttershy eventually wandered to the edge of the forest were she saw more humans. Their skinny, malnourished bodies were lined up in front of a building that had huge black letters painted on it. They read: Sobibor.