• Published 17th Jan 2015
  • 1,146 Views, 8 Comments

Wings of insanity - Rarity Belle



When faced with the confinement of the asylum, Rarity only has one shot to break out once and for all. One shot to regain her freedom once more and live her life as she wants. Though the chance is there that she gets more then she bargained for.

  • ...
2
 8
 1,146

Chapter 8

“You can’t do this and you know that!” Twilight exclaimed before her own horn charged up. But Rarity gave no heed to the warning. Instead had the mare just jumped up into the air. There where she began to flap her crystalline wings. The mulberry unicorn had to take a step or two back. She had calculated and thought that Rarity would fall straight back to the ground.

Yet much to her own surprise, that didn’t happen at all. The ivory unicorn managed to remain within the air. The mixture of arcane and crystal was enough to keep her within the air. It naturally surprised the other mare and she didn’t knew what to say as a response to it. Anything could have happened in the moment. There needed something to happen quickly if she wanted to prevent Rarity from causing more harm.

With her charged up horn did she do something rather unexpected. Instead of just fully blasting Rarity, Twilight would have pointed her horn over to the skies. The blast was fired off faster than Rarity could ascend and under a massive explosion of magic did it happen.

A brilliant raspberry color could be seen. One that stretched itself to the roof of the asylum in order to become a shield. A shield that would have stopped the rain from entering, and Rarity from getting out. Naturally it furiated the other unicorn to no end. It seemed as if in the last possible moment there still was just that one little thing had gone wrong.

The ivory unicorn snarled towards the other mare but didn’t had the desire to drop back down to the ground. The freedom that the air gave to her made her understand why the pegasi loved flying so much in the first place.

The sapphire blue rimmed eyes looked over to Twilight. Who was awaiting whatever would have happened next. Yet Twilight seemed to realize the little fact that everything would have been played according to Rarity’s rules. Which was a thing fine by her. The unicorn charged up her horn again and allowed a deep exhale to come.

Upon her back did their creation start. Two wings were formed made from the arcane dusts themselves. They looked like the wings of an alicorn but were about the size of a pegasus. They would have been perfect for the fight that was about to break out. There was no other way the matter would have been resolved by Twilight. Not anymore at least, even after everything she tried.

Her horn was allowed to be discharged once the wings were created. She gave them a gentle flap. One nod was given to her before she made the jump into the air and gained in on the altitude.

Her eyes were never taken off of Rarity as she did had to find a way to make sure she wouldn’t really have to kill her. Twilight just needed to make her lose balance and gravity would have done the rest. The last thing she wanted for herself was to be labeled a murderer as well.

The game had to be played smart, as well as vicious.

---

Rarity looked over the arcane wings of Twilight and simply rose an eyebrow to them once they were leveled again. “So this is how you intend to stop moi? To come up here and talk some sense into me? How about I save you that trouble, dear?” the mare countered the other unicorn. Fractions of a second later had the horn charged up again. A sudden blast was given from it.

One that was avoided pretty quickly and graceful by Twilight. She didn’t reply with a blast of her own though. Instead she would speak her possible last words to the unicorn. “Oh trust me, I gave up on talking to you ages ago. You’re a sly devil, Rarity. But I’m something much more terrifying. I’m your worst nightmare for now. Give me your worst,” she spoke against her ex-friend.

The ivory mare could have only chuckled up to the words that were spoken. To her it seemed like they were said by a schoolfilly who tried who was trying to act tough in front of the older students. Yet it also meant that the battle between the mares was going to happen. There was no escape from it anymore and the two had to fight.

Which they would have been doing gladly to one another. The hatred for the other had become so deep-rooted that it didn’t matter how much they would be maiming the other in order to get what they wanted.

The fight between the mares was horrible and all of the other doctors and guards in the entire asylum were looking at it. They couldn’t have done anything to stop it all from happening. It literally seemed as if the two of them were in a massive fight to the death. One had to survive while the other would have found nothing else but death at the ground itself.

Nopony knew who was going to win but naturally did they all hoped for the best. Yet in silence did they all prepare for the worst. Anything could have happened and they were all aware of that. Only the patients didn’t knew what was going on. Yet the news was spreading like a wildfire. Nopony dared to watch but at the same time they couldn’t take their eyes away from them either.

---

The fight itself had been going on for minutes already. Twilight and Rarity were locked with one another in the greatest battle of their lives. Punches, kicks and magical blasts had all been given off by them. But they were still there. High up in the air with the last remaining bits of stamina. Deep inhales for breath were given off by the mares as the cutting glares told enough.

No words would have been spoken by the two of them. They just wanted to see one fall down to the ground. Rarity hoped of course that it was Twilight, while Twilight hoped it was Rarity. Though it was the latter one whom realized that the stakes could have been a little bit too high.

Twilight was a strong pony in the arcane and Rarity had a great strength in her legs. Which sadly enough managed to cancel one another out in fact. A fact that angered both of the unicorns more than it originally could have been doing as they were both on the verges of collapsing. Only one thing could have been done in the eyes of Rarity. Only one thing that could have helped as some kind of last ditch effort. One last thing in the hope to end the life of Twilight Sparkle.

Rarity’s horn began to charge itself up while her wings stopped flapping around. The unicorn then just levitated herself within the air. She spread her forelegs to her sides. It was then or it would have been never. Twilight on the other end rose an eyebrow to what would happen next until she heard the resonations.

The eyes of the mulberry mare went wide when she realized what would happen. Her own horn charged up quickly and then it happened. In one explosion of magic would Rarity have sent all the bits of crystal away from her. Millions of shards travelled through the air at such high speeds, that accidents were bound to happen.

Though fractions of a second before the massive explosion did Twilight had her shield ready and deployed it. She still had to turn her head away and close her eyes though. Which naturally meant that she couldn’t have been witnessing anything what was happening around her.

The little gems ticked like hail on a window against her shield before they were sent into another direction. Whether it were the walls, the other shield, or the ground, it didn’t matter to the unicorn at all. Though one unlucky shard managed to travel a rather unique path.

---

When Twilight opened her eyes again, it was because of a silence. She did look straight up to Rarity and noticed something. Something was gently coming out of her chest. Something that wasn’t a natural color. Her eyes then went wide as she realized what it was. Blood was gushing out of the chest of the mare while one large shard of crystal was sticking out of it.

Twilight could have filled in the blanks clearly, it must have ricocheted off of her shield and right back to its master. A horrible sight it did was to witness but one that didn’t lasted too long either. The magic that was around the horn of Rarity faded away. The mare had begun to fall down to the ground beneath them.

Twilight’s eyes turned away from the scene, while her ears caught the cursed splashing sound. A sound that she had never wished to hear. Yet she had done it on the other end. She got what she had wished for. Relief began to flow through her body. Relief that was mixed itself with the sadness she already carried.