• Published 9th Jan 2015
  • 625 Views, 5 Comments

Worlds fused - graysean86



Two worlds are brought together by surprising circumstances

  • ...
6
 5
 625

Chapter 2

Author's Note:

Authors note:
Hello graysean86 here with chapter 2 and I would like to thank the positive feedback for chapter 1.


I would also like to point out that from this chapter onwards whenever the text is in all caps that isn’t dialogue, it means a change of scenery.

I'm also going to say that anyone who watches a long running tv show involving time travel will be able to recognize a little injoke that Spike says.

Disclaimer: I do not own sonic or mlp. All characters items and settings belong to Hasbro and Sega respectively.

Now with that out of the way on with chapter 2

Chapter 2 An Explanation and More New Beings

Twilight stared at the scroll in her hand and then opened it up and read it. As she did all the room was cleared of everyone but the mane six and the royal pony sisters.

“Well, what does it say Twilight?” Celestia asked.

“Its from Applebloom,” twilight answered.

“What has mah sister and her friends got into this time?” Applejack asked worriedly.

“It says that they found a strange creature near sweet apple acres,” twilight read.

“Oh, boy,” Applejack sighed.

“Hey princess,” Pinkie pie said.

Celestia looked at pinkie pie and said, “Yes, Pinkie.”

“What did Eggman mean by shadows of disaster?” the pink mare asked.

“The shadows of disaster are 6 super beings that Luna and I defeated after Discord was stopped,” the solar princess explained. “We used the elements of harmony to open a portal to another dimension and banish them there.”

“We then used our magic to create a seal which would absorb energy from the dimension where they were banished to in order to make the seal stronger,” the night princess continued.

“OK, that explains what the shadows of disaster are,” Twilight said. “But who was Sonic and Dr. Eggman?”

“I do not know who this ‘eggman’ is, but if he wishes to release them, then he is nothing short of evil,” Luna said.

“As for who Sonic is,” Celestia started. “I think that it would be safe to say he is on our side.”

“I’m just surprised that Sonic was a hedgehog,” Fluttershy said confused. “He had spines like a hedgehog and an adorable hedgehog nose, but he looked so much like us.”

Twilight new what Fluttershy meant having spent time in the human world. They looked like humans but keeping traits that separated them from humans such as fur, muzzles, Pony ears, tails, and, in the case of ones like Rarity and Rainbow dash, horns and/or wings. For a hedgehog, Sonic did look a lot like them. But that didn’t matter right now, stopping Eggman mattered.

“All right girls,” Twilight said as she turned to her friends. “Something new is threatening the fate of Equestria, and it seems like we’re needed again to stop it. Before we stop Dr. Eggman, we’ll go to sweet apple acres and see what Applebloom and her friends found. I sure you three are worried,” she said as she turned to Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash.

After a murmur of agreement from her friends, Rainbow dash said, ”Aaaw, yeah, a new adventure.”

“Which will start tomorrow,” Celestia said. “I’m sure you’re all wiped from everything that happened tonight.”

“Auugh,” grumbled Rainbow dash.

“Rainbow, you know that we’ll have to be at our best to beat the Doctor,” Twilight said to her friend.

Meanwhile far away, a being was searching for something when he stumbled upon an apple orchard. “Great its here,” it said exasperated. “This’ll take all night, at least I found this,” he said as he pulled out a red diamond. “Make finding it a little easier.”

And also another being was searching for something until he found it.
“There it is,” he said as he floated up to white glimmer in a tree. “The chaos emerald.”

He stared up at the star filled sky and said: “Might as well sleep here,” As he set down on a branch and drifted off to sleep.


THE NEXT DAY

“Well, we’re off,” Twilight said to her mentor.

“Good luck, Twilight,” Celestia said to her former student. “I know you and your friends will be able to stop him. Oh and if you should see Sonic on your journey, please give him my thanks. I believe he may be a great ally to you.”

“Of course, princess,” the lavender alicorn said as she stepped on the train.

The sun princess looked on as the train pulled away. When it left the station she glanced slightly to the left and said “I know I don’t have to, but I have be sure.”

She then gathered her magic and teleported to the interior of hers and her sister’s old castle and went outside.

She opened her wings and flew down the canyon nearby coming to a certain cave and walked up to what she was looking for…the tree of harmony and on its limbs and trunk were the elements of harmony.

She gave a sigh of relief and said: “Good they’re still here.”

She then charged up her horn and teleported back to canterlot, but after she left two strange looking creatures came out from behind the rocks outside the cave. They’re heads were oddly shaped. One of them had a head shaped like orb the others head was shaped like a cube. The orb headed one lifted up a communicator and spoke into and said, “Boss we found the tree. I can’t believe your plan worked.”

“Of course it worked. It was thought of by me. Now pry the elements from the tree and bring them back to the carrier,” a sneering voice said out of the communicator.

“Yes sir,” orb headed one responded and he turned of his communicator. “Would it kill him to say please once in a while? Come on bolt-for-brains, we have work to do.” He said to his cube headed companion and the floated closer to the tree of harmony.


MEANWHILE IN PONYVILLE

“Back home,” Twilight said as she stepped of the train. “Come on, let’s go.”

They all began walking towards sweet apple acres when they saw a familiar dragon running.

“Twilight, girls you’re back,” Spike said as he jumped in to twilight’s arms and hugged her.

(a/n ok just so your wondering spikes appearance he looks pretty much the same except for a sonic style muzzle. Height wise he comes up to twilight’s waist.)

“You’re all better,” twilight asked.

“Yep, told you all I needed was a good nights sleep,” Spike said smugly.

He jumped down and asked, “So how did the gala go?”

“It went quite well until Dr. Eggman showed up with that atrocious laughter of his,” Rarity said in disgust.

“Doctor Who,” spike said confused. ( A/N yes I just made that joke.)

“Okay here’s the story,” Twilight said as they made they’re way to sweet apple acres.


OUTSIDE SWEET APPLE ACRES

“Wow, Sonic seems just as fast as Rainbow Dash, maybe faster,” Spike said in awe of the story he just heard. “And did you say she has a crush on him?”

They all turned and looked at a blushing Rainbow dash with a knowing look.

“I-I-I do not have a crush on him,” she stuttered. “And he is not faster than me!”

“And I’ll prove it to you by beating him in a race the next time we see him,” Rainbow Dash declared as she sped up to the front of the group.

“Oh, she’s crushing on Sonic,” Rarity whispered to Twilight.

“Oh totally,” Twilight said as they moved closer to the home of their farmer friend. And when they passed the gate three fillies got their attention.

“Applebloom,” Applejack said as she hugged her sister.

“Now ah wanta know exactly what it is you found,” Applejack said in a motherly tone. “And ah want to know why its here, y’all do know it coulda been dangerous.”

“ Well ya see,” Applebloom began, all of the cmc staring up at their older siblings.
(a/n oh forgot to mention the cmc and anyone their age is as tall as spike) “First off, It is actually a he.”

“And he really needed help,” Scootaloo added.

“We couldn’t just leave him there,” Sweetie Belle finished.

“Well when you put it like that,” Rarity said in thought. “I guess you are right.”

“Yeah, ya did the right thing,” Rainbow said to her surrogate sister. “That’s always ok in my book.”

“Never the less,” Twilight spoke up. “I want to know as to why he’s here, surely a hospital would have been the best place to take an injured pony.”

“Well that’s the thing,” Scootaloo said. “He isn’t a pony at all.”

“Well then what is he?” Rainbow dash asked.

“Ah think it would be best if we showed ya,” Applebloom said as she led the way into the Apple family household and she and the CMC walked into the kitchen, where Twilight and her friends saw something bizarre when they peered into it.

There sitting at the table was an orange furred creature about as tall as them working on some sort of yellow slab with an antennae sticking out the top. They saw it had blue eyes and white fur on its muzzle and chest and abnormally large ears. It was wearing white gloves with black bands on the cuffs. It was also wearing white and red shoes (white on the front red on the back) with the same black bands around its ankles. But the most surprising thing they saw about it was that it had TWO tails.

The mane six were very surprised to say the least.

“ I think this is who they were talking about,” Applejack said

“What is he,” Rainbow whispered to Twilight.

“I don’t know,” Twilight said surprised. “Fluttershy, you know about animals. Do you have any idea what he is?”

“W-well considering the white fur on the ends of his tails and the large ears,” Fluttershy said observing the creature. He was actually kind of adorable in her opinion. “I think he’s a fox.”

“Dusnt look like one,” Applejack said.

“Trust me, he is a fox,” Fluttershy told her friend.

They saw the cmc walked up to the fox. The fox noticed them and said,” Heya Applebloom, what’s up?” He then noticed the mane 6 and spike peering into the kitchen.

“And who’re they,” he asked.

“We just want ya to meet mah big sister and her friends,” Applebloom said as she pointed to the mane 6 and spike, who we were now in the kitchen.

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you,” Twilight said. “I am Princess Twilight Sparkle and these are my friends Applejack,”

“Howdy.” Aj said.

“Rarity,…”

“A pleasure to meet you,” Rarity said.

“Rainbow Dash,…”

“What’s up,” Rainbow dash said.

“Fluttershy,…”

“H-h-hi,” she said nervously

“Pinkie pie,…”

“Nicetomeetyouican’tbelievei’mmeetingatalkingfoxbtwwhat’syour…” that was all she could say before Applejack covered her mouth. “Sorry, she can be real excitable when meeting someone new,” she explained.

She then uncovered her cousins’ mouth and she was still talking, “… and then I said oatmeal,” Pinke said absentmindedly before noticing everyone looking at her. “Sorry.”

“Its all right,” The fox said. “please continue.”

“And this is Spike, my personal assistant,” Twilight finished.

“hiya,” the dragon said.

“It’s nice to meet all of you,” the fox said. “I’m Miles Prower, but everyone calls me ‘Tails’.”

“oooo, is it because you have 2 tails? What are they for? How’d ya get them?” ,Pinkie asked before her mouth was covered again. She then stopped talking and her mouth was uncovered.

“Well to answer your questions,” Tails said. “Yes, that is why. I was born this way. And I use them to fly by spinning them.”

“Pfft, That’s impossible,” Twilight laughed. “They would just tangle together and never be able to create lif-whaaaaaat?!” She was instantly surprised and her jaw fell down, when she saw Tails spin his namesakes like a fan and hover a foot off the floor and move to the door and back.

“Awesome,” Rainbow dash said enthusiastically

“Sweet,” Scootaloo said, but in her mind, 'OH COME ON, SO NOT FAIR!!!!!’

When Tails set down Fluttershy’s helping instinct kicked in and she rushed over to the fox.

“Oh my goodness. Are you all right? Are your tails okay? Did you pull anything,” Fluttershy said in a worried manner while taking his pulse and temperature.

“No I’m alright,” Tails said taking Fluttershy’s hand and holding it. “I’ve done it a bunch of times before without getting hurt.”

“Oh,” Fluttershy said relaxing and she then saw that her hand was in tails’ she withdrew it and retreated to the back of the group, hiding behind her mane, blushing madly.

It was at that point that Rarity noticed a gleam come from the table, she looked and her eyes widened from the most beautiful sight to behold (to her at least).

In her rush to get to the large diamond she almost knocked Tails over.

“Oh my goodness, wherever did you get such a jewel,” Rarity said completely forgetting herself. “The size of it is splendid and such perfect cut. Why I doubt even the best gem cutter in all of Equestria could do better. Just why is it green, oh who cares.”

It was at that point she noticed her unladylike behavior,” Oh please forgive me for my rudeness, but what is this?”

“Its okay,” Tails said. “And this is a chaos emerald.”

The mane 6 tensed up for about 30 seconds upon hearing the word “chaos”. They had had bad experiences with it in the past thanks to Discord.

“What’s wrong,” Tails asked.

“Sorry but we’ve had a few negative run in’s with chaos in the past,” Twiliight explained.

“Understandable,” Tails said. “ Well anyway, the chaos emeralds are filled with near limitless energy. There are seven in all, including this one, but its said a miracle is supposed to happen when all seven are bro

ught together.”

“Odd,” Twilight said curiously. “They sort of sound like the elements of harmony.”

“The what,” Tails asked. He was rarely ever confused by something.

“They are 6 jewels that are the physical embodiments of the traits that make up the magic of friendship. There is honesty, generosity, kindness, laughter, loyalty, and magic,” Twilight explained.

“And each of us is the bearer of one of them,” Twilight said as she gestured to the rest of the main six. “I represent magic, Applejack is honesty, Pinkie is laughter, Rarity is generosity, Rainbow Dash is loyalty, and Fluttershy is kindness.”

“Odd,” Tails said. “I’ve never heard of them.”

“How is that possible,” Twilight questioned. “Everyone in Equestria has heard of them. Everyone on Equus has heard of them.”

“Equus,” Tails asked. “What is that?”

(A/N Equus is my name for the planet the mlp fim characters are from. And the reason why tails doesn’t mention equestria is because he learned where he was from the cmc.)

“The planet were on,” Twilight said.

“No, it isn’t,” Tails said. “The planet is called Mobius.”

“Mobius?” Twilight said in confusion.

“Yeah, how can you not know the name of the planet you live on,” Tails asked in disbelief until his eyes widened made a realization. “Unless you’re not from this dimension.”

“Not from this dimension,” Everyone except tails whispered in disbelief.

“So that’s why Eggman took the master emerald,” Tails said as though putting the pieces together. “To bring the country of Equestria and everyone in it to this dimension.”

“EGGMAN,” the mane 6 exclaimed. Somehow Tails knew the person that wanted to release the most dangerous beings to ever set foot in Equestria.

“Alright, Fox-boy,” Rainbow Dash said getting in Tails’ face. “How do you know Dr Eggman?”

“Me and my friend Sonic beat him all the time,” Tails answered. “But how do you know him if you’re from another dimension?”

Twilight explained what happened the night before.

“So Eggman wants to release more gods of destruction,” Tails said. “Well Sonic should be able to stop him, like always.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, you know Sonic,” Rainbow Dash asked. “And what do you mean ‘like always’?”

“Yeah, Sonic stops him all the time,” Tails said. “He’s been like a brother to me ever since we were kids.”

“Wow,” Twilight said awestruck.

“Well if anyone can help you stop Eggman, it’s Sonic,” Tails said, as he picked up his miles electric and the chaos emerald. “So how about we go find him.”

“Thank you, Tails,” Twilight said. She and the mane 6, followed by Spike, Tails, and the cmc, went outside and they saw two beings step out of the plethora of trees. Upon closer inspection they were revealed to be hedgehogs, both male. The one on the right had silver-colored fur with large white fur around his neck. He had gold colored eyes and had two spines on his back and seven spines on his head, five of which were shaped like an oddly shaped leaf while the last two were large and hung from the back of his head. He was wearing white gloves with large gold cuffs and on them were cyan lines. He was also wearing navy colored combat boots. The other was…

“Sonic,” Tails cried happily to see is surrogate brother and he flew over to the hedgehogs. “Silver, good to see you, too.”

“What’s up, Tails,” Silver said. He then noticed the emerald in Tails’ hand. “I see you found a chaos emerald, that makes two of us.” And he pulled out the white chaos emerald.

“Make that three,” said a male voice from behind them. They turned and saw something come from the other side of the barn. He had red fur, purple eyes, and on his chest was a white crescent shaped crest. He had a tan muzzle. He had spines on his head that pointed down in a way that they could be mistaken for dreadlocks. He was wearing white gloves that had two spikes on the knuckle. He had a crooked tail. He was wearing shoes that were red, orange, and green with a metallic gray part that was studded in a vertical 2x3 formation. In his hand was the red chaos emerald.

“Heya, Knuckles,” Sonic said. Knuckles walked up to the three mobians and when he got there he noticed the equestrians and spoke up.

“So, who are they?” Knuckles asked pointing to the group of ponies and dragon.

“You know, I was just about to ask the same thing,” Sonic said. He turned to Tails, whom seemed to have come out of the farmhouse with the equines in question. “So, Tails, who are they?”

“Here’s what happened…,” Tails said as he began explaining.

The mane six were puzzled as to what the newcomer was. It was at that point that they turned to Fluttershy, the walking animal encyclopedia.

“What the heck is he?” Rainbow dash asked.

“An echidna,”

Twilight taking up courage walked up to the mobians. She heard Tails, who was in the middle of explaining, “… And that’s how they got here.”

“So that’s why Eggman took the master emerald,” She heard Knuckles say.

“Um, excuse me,” Twilight said. They turned to see twilight and the main six standing there.

Sonic walked up to her and said, “Yeah, what’s up?”

“Well,” Twilight started.

“Wait, you’re one of those princesses who was at that party Eggman crashed last night, right?” Sonic asked vaguely recognizing the alicorn in front of him.

“Yes, that’s right,” Twilight said. “I’m Twilight Sparkle, one of the princesses of Equestria. Princess Celestia wanted me to thank you for helping with Dr. Eggman.”

“It’s no problem,” Sonic said. “I kick his but all the time. It’s like my job or something.”

“By the way these are my friends (insert names of mane six here),” Twilight said. “And this is Spike, my personal assistant.”

“So I can tell from the looks that your all horses,” Silver said puzzled. “but what’s he?” he asked pointing to Spike. “I’ve never seen a mobian like him before.”

“Actually we’re ponies, horses are bigger,” Rainbow dash said.

“And Spike is a dragon,” Twilight said.

“He looks like a normal mobian to me,” Tails said.

It was then they saw that Knuckles was looking around for something.

“Yo, Knux,” Sonic said. “What you looking for?”

“The master emerald,” He answered. “You know he took it 2 weeks ago and it went missing after Eggman failed with his experiment last week. That’s one of its defense mechanisms. I tracked its energy and it’s somewhere among these orchards. I checked everywhere but here, so it has to be here.”

“Ah can assure you it ain’t,” Applejack said walking up to the echidna.

“And how would you know that?” Knuckles asked the orange pony.

“Cause ah happen to own this farm,” Applejack told him. “And ah would know if a gem just came out of nowhere.”

“I can assure you, it is not here,” Rarity said walking up. “If it were here, I would have sensed it. I specialize in finding jewels, and I have mastered all known gem-finding spells.”

“No, it is here,” Knuckles said as he continued walking around. He then stopped at the doors to the cellar. “In there.”

“And how exactly would you know it is in there when I am not sensing a jewel anywhere near this farmhouse?” Rarity inquired.

“I’m its guardian,” Knuckles responded. “Only I can sense it naturally.”

“Why would it need a guardian,” Twilight asked.

“Because it is more powerful than all seven chaos emerald combined,” Knuckles answered leaving Twilight dumbstruck.

“Oh there is nothin’ in there but our equipment for – lands’ sake,” Applejack exclaimed as she opened the cellar door and saw the largest gem she had ever seen.

“My goodness,” Rarity exclaimed completely awestruck. “However did this magnificent specimen escape my detection?!”

The doors were suddenly slammed shut by a red blur.

“Finally,” Knuckles said and he took place next to the cellar doors crossing his arms and resuming his guard duties.

“Yeah, yeah, you found your rock,” Rainbow dash said. “But now there are more important things to attend to.”

“Rainbow’s right,” Twilight said but she was stunned that she walked up to Sonic.

“Well blue boy, I saw you at the gala last night and your pretty fast,” Rainbow dash said.

“You bet,” Sonic said cockily. “Here on Mobius, I’m known as the fastest thing alive.”

“I doubt that,” Rainbow dash said. “Here I’m known as the fastest flyer in all of Equestria.”

“Oh really,” Sonic said. “No one has ever beaten me in race.”

“Well get ready to lose,” Rainbow dash said.

“A race,” Sonic said. “right here right now.”

“You are on,“ rainbow said.

Twilight sighed, She knew this was gonna happen.

“Sonic, I don’t think we have time for this,” Tails said.

“Come on Tails ,” Sonic replied . “When you’re as fast as me, you always got time for a race.”

“Your not gonna let this go are you?” Tails asked.

“Nope,” Sonic replied.

“All right,” Tails said. “ I’ll make a race course based on the cities we know and what Applebloom told me about Equestria.”

A few minutes later the race course was set. It would be form SAA to Canterlot to The crystal empire to Station Square to Empire city and back to Sweet Apple Acres.

A rule was in effect that said that Rainbow dash could not fly any higher that five feet off the ground. After agreeing to these terms they took starting positions.

“You’re gonna lose,“ Sonic and Rd said to each other.

“All right Ready,” Tails said. “Go!!!”

And they took off towards Canterlot at subsonic speeds.

The race was on.