• Published 8th Jan 2015
  • 2,165 Views, 41 Comments

Guardian of Equestria - Wanderer_Mike



Michael was a normal person with an overactive imagination. Well... normal until he ended in Equestria.

  • ...
4
 41
 2,165

1 - Freedom

Unknown Location

I knelt down on the scorched ground, panting hard. I was completely worn out, my powers almost depleted. I tried to get up, using my own broad sword as leverage, since my legs didn’t have enough strength to keep me standing.

I took a look at my surroundings. Nothing but desolate land and scorched trees, together with frozen stalagmites here and there on a three mile radius. “Dang. Good thing there isn’t a town in a ten mile radius of here.” I muttered, trying to keep myself standing.

The sound of wings flapping caught my attention, as I looked up. Floating right above me were two alicorns, one with a white coat and a short rainbow colored mane and tail that waved calmly, wearing a golden armor with sun patterns. The other had a dark blue coat and a cyan mane and tail, wearing a night blue armor with moon patterns. Both of them landed right in front of me, taking a stance.

I sighed, before looking at them. “So, this is the result of our confrontation.” I leaned towards my sword, feeling the blade sink a few inches. “Are you getting ready to give me the final blow?”

Both Alicorns glared at me. “You should have surrendered when we asked thee.” The white coated one spoke up, her horn revealing a golden glow at the same time the blue coated one revealed a blue one. “Be ready to atone thy punishment!”

“So what’s it gonna be this time?” I asked. “In case you have forgotten, all of your attempts to keep me arrested kinda backfired, you know?”

“Not this time.” the white one replied. “For your crimes towards the land, you are hereby stripped of your powers and turned into stone!”

My expression changed when their sentence reached my ears. My eyes focused on their horns, as my mind raced. “Oh no you don’t!” I yelled, tightening the grip of my sword. “Scatter and hide! Don’t let them find or catch you! I will search for you when I’m free again!”

With those words, my sword suddenly shattered, making me fall to the ground. I felt my power leaving me, as five glowing spheres flew out from my body and into the sky, scattering towards the four corners of the land, seconds before both alicorns hit me with their combined spell. I took the hit, unable to dodge it, and started feeling my body getting harder.

“What hast thou done?!” the blue one asked as she saw the spheres flying away.

I smiled. “I’ve sent my powers away.” I replied, getting myself up as I felt my legs turning to stone. “Don’t worry though, they’ll come back to me. And when that time comes…” the petrification spell worked faster and faster, but I didn’t care. I smiled at both alicorns. “…you better be ready.”

The next thing I saw was complete darkness.


Canterlot Sealed Chamber during Twilight’s Kingdom Event – 2000 Years Later

Nine hundred million, two hundred and twenty-five thousand, three hundred and fifty-two bottles of beer in a wall, nine hundred million, two hundred and twenty-five thousand, three hundred and fifty-two bottles of beer~, you take one down, and pass it around, and you got Nine hundred million, two hundred and twenty-five thousand, three hundred and fifty-one bottles of beer in the wall~.

Question: how to pass time when turned into a stone statue and sealed inside a chamber without any light or way to know time?

Nine hundred million, two hundred and twenty-five thousand, three hundred and fifty-one bottles of beer in a wall, nine hundred million, two hundred and twenty-five thousand, three hundred and fifty-one bottles of beer~, you take one down, and pass it around, and you got Nine hundred million, two hundred and twenty-five thousand, three hundred and fifty bottles of beer in the wall~.

Answer: find a song so repetitive that you never know the time passing.

Quite the hard task for me. Although I have some preferences, repeating the same song for several years can become tiresome and most of the times a person can get sick of it. Luckily, I remembered one that somehow didn’t seem to get bored, even after some time. But after repeating it for so long, even I was questioning my sanity.

Really! I started with a hundred bottles, finished it and went to a thousand bottles, finished it and went to a hundred thousand, finished it and went to a million, and lastly to a billion.

Oh great, I just got myself frustrated, bored to death and just found out that the remaining of my sanity is gone.

That’s it, I WANNA GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I struggled, trying to break out of my stone prison. To no such luck, unfortunately. I’ve been doing the exact same thing each time I finished a count, but the spell kept itself strong. Figures.

After five hundred years, the princesses found a way to create a spell that would keep me sealed. This petrification spell uses both princesses’ magic to keep itself strong and unbreakable. Each time I struggled, I could feel the magic preventing me from cracking the stone.

At some time, I felt the magic weaken for a moment and took the opportunity to break free, but it was just for a moment. As soon as I’ve heard the stone cracking, the magic started pouring in and I was back to square one. But I noticed something different when I struggled that time.

The magic was from only one of the princesses now.

If my memory doesn’t fail me, then I’m getting into the timeline where Celestia banishes Nightmare Moon. I thought.

I mulled over the possibilities of what was happening. If I’m entering the timeline of the show, then around a thousand years have passed since I was turned to stone. But even with one princess the spell can still bound me. So in order to break free, both need to be out of magic…

Only one choice came to my head. And it involved waiting. So I did the only thing that I could do at the time.

One million of bottles of beer in the wall, one million of bottles of beer~, you take one down, and pass it around, and you got nine hundred and ninety-nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine bottles of beer in the wall~.

I struggled again and again, trying to break my stone prison. I don’t know how much time passed, but I surely was getting tired of this. They could at least give me a window, or some crystal ball so I could at least take a peek on the outside World.

So first thing on my to-do list: get some fresh air and some light exercise. Standing in the same position for so long can become uncomfortable.

C’mon, c’mon! Break already! I yelled mentally, tensing my muscles. I want freedom! I want air! I want to get out of this FREAKING PRISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*crack*

I froze. I thought I heard a crack.

I tensed again.

*crack*

I stopped. I did! I did heard a crack!

I tensed again, as the cracking sound repeated itself, getting louder and louder, then stopped. I counted to ten, twenty, thirty… and I couldn’t feel any magic.

There was no magic to feed the spell. Only one thing came into my mind.

The timeline was going together with the show. Tirek is free and the princesses gave their magic to Twilight. Meaning they didn’t have any magic to bind me. My chance to escape just appeared.

Grinning wildly I didn’t hesitate. I was cooped up inside a freaking chamber, who would hear me?

I inhaled deeply and tensed all of my body, reaching the remains of my powers that still resided within me.

Heck, who said that the Princesses were the only ones who could use the Royal Canterlot Voice?

“FFFFRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The petrification that bound my body instantly shattered to dust, as I let my voice echo through the chamber at full blast. Without a second to waste, I looked for a door in the middle of the darkness, only to be met with a vault door.

“I’ve been cooped up for too long.” I spoke out loud, raising my right fist and getting ready to punch. I heard a ‘click’ sound, before grinning a giving a straight towards the door.

*GOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGG*

The door trembled at the strength of my punch, as I heard its hinges and lock break out of the wall and falling to the ground. I was greeted for something I haven’t seen for a long time.

Daylight.

I closed my eyes to feel the warm clarity, as I let my sight slowly get used to it. I sighed in relief after being turned to stone for so long.

That relief was brief when I felt a powerful dark aura. My eyes widened.

“Tirek.” I muttered. I looked around, trying to find a hiding place. No way I’m getting out to face that guy right off the bat. I looked towards the vault door on the ground and groaned. Finally feeling the daylight and the only hiding place is back in the darkness.

The hoofsteps were getting closer. No choice then.

I grabbed the inside of the door and pulled it back into place, closing it silently. Taking a deep breath, I lowered the strength of my powers in order to hide my presence. Not taking any risks against him right now. I may be strong, but I’m not stupid. Facing Tirek as he was getting stronger by minute and me without all my power was a one-sided beating.

I listened the sound of hoofsteps passing by, and some yelling and screaming. Dang it. Good thing the girls will be able to beat him. Too bad I won’t be able to see the fight, though. In the show it was epic. Live… well, getting caught in the aftershocks of it wouldn’t be nice.

I leaned the door forward to hear the outside. I heard yelling and then silence. I tried to feel my surroundings and felt that Tirek was gone from Canterlot.

“Time to leave.” I spoke out loud. Pushing the door forward, I got out to the room and closed it. With a good kick, the hinges went back to their place, keeping the vault door fixed. Luckily, neither the princesses would notice I just escaped when their magic returned. That bought me some time.

I stretched and gave myself a check. My clothes were a little rumpled and dusty, but otherwise in good state, my body was stiff, but a little exercise would get the rust out of the joints.

And I really, really needed a bath.

“Well then, priorities first.” I said to myself, turning to walk out of the room. “Let’s get myself cleaned up. After that, looking for my friends.” I stopped at the exit as another thought came into my mind. I couldn't hold a mischievous smirk. “But before reuniting then, I think I should pay the princesses a visit.” I noticed some guards knocked out at a corner. “After Tirek is dealt with.” I added.

Author's Note:

Not the first time I write a fanfic, but it's the first time I write one in first person.

And after reading so many funny crossovers, I decided to try one of my own.

Hope you like it.