• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 2,275 Views, 20 Comments

We Met One Stormy Night - Mischiefpop



A pegasus named Fluttershy wanders into a barn one night, seeking shelter from the storm. In the barn, the pegasus meets another refugee.

  • ...
3
 20
 2,275

Autumn arrival

The sun shone brightly over Ponyville. The fields were as green as green leaf clovers and a certain young pegasus was in Ponyville's town busy square.

A large group of ponies had gathered around the stage as Mayor Mare announces important news too the towns citizens.

"Everypony, as you know Autumn is just around round the corner and it's
this time of year that those dreadful timber wolves are at their most desperate and dangerous," she spoke calmly and tried to assurance her unsure community.

"Please avoid moving alone at all costs, move together of add least 3 if going somewhere outside." She added, but this didn't stop the dread of their unfortunate futures.

As the mares all muttered to each other 'dangerous', Fluttershy took that time to stealthily sneak away; she was about to depart for good, but a voice reached her, stopping her in her tracks.

"Hey Fluttershy, where are you going this morning?" Applejack hollered out, she turned to see Applejack approaching her with Rarity by her side.

"Oh, uh… well you see I've made plans on meeting up with a friend at Saddle pass." Fluttershy wasn't sure what to say but had to make sure her 'Secret Friend', was unknown to other ponies even too her friends.

"'Saddle pass!' What do you think your doing going out there, don't you remember a pony was killed a few days ago in broad daylight," a thought bubble appeared over their heads as a timber wolf chases a mare up the slopping hill and only a few seconds later the wolf comes back down licking its paws and muzzle from blood.

"Do you know what it's called now?
Lunch pass, It's dangerous to go alone sugar cube." She stressed for her friends safety.

"But my friend they'll be waiting though,"she calmly protested, trying best to get past Applejack.

"A new friend, who's that darling?" Rarity asked, just wanting to know the juicy details of this new 'friend'.

"Remember that stormy we met one night, in the abandoned barn and you see they live far away so..." Fluttershy slowly stopped herself of telling her friends of the Discords appearance would surely frighten them.

"Oh fluttershy so this friend you'll be seeing them a lot?" Rarity teased, making Fluttershy's cheeks turn pink.

"We'll just tag along to keep you safe sugar cube." Applejack decided, surprising Fluttershy.

"WHAT?!" Fluttershy sighed in frustration and defeat.


It was a short trek to Saddle pass, but to Fluttershy, it felt like only an instant. She was so excited to be seeing Discord again.

Walking in a straight line they all tried not to get worked up about Major Mare news this morning.

"Fluttershy if I remember correctly there's some fragrant bushes right next to the pass, we can hide in them, until your friend arrives." Applejack suggested, pointing to some blue berry bushes placed high on the cliff.

"Because no Timber wolves can smell us right?" Rarity asked.

"See Fluttershy, Rarity knows what I'm talking about." Applejack noticed her quietness more then usual she wondered if the announcement about the timber wolves frightened Fluttershy coming here today.

Meanwhile Discord was laying on his back, amongst the fresh grass, relaxing high up on saddle pass cliff, his ears perked at the sound of voices he looked down below to see two mares beside Fluttershy, he quickly panicked, running round in a frantic circle then quickly drove straight into the bushes.

Once they finally arrived, Fluttershy nervously glanced side too side to find Discord but he was sadly no where to be seen. However she did note how the undergrowth shock and the horns silently poking out the top. Wait 'horns' she gasped and Applejack and Rarity glanced worriedly at her direction.

"Are you alright sugar cube? You know I've seen them heap of times but when you see them up close their noses look funny and their eyes are all squinty, their mouths are filthy and the smell worse then any in the world." Applejack tried to comfort her friend by making the Timber wolves sound daft.

"They are truly all ugly beyond all hope." Rarity added.

Discord growled, biting his snake tongue and tried stopping himself from arguing with these judgmental mares.

"Heck I'll take any wolf that comes this way see I'll turn around and give them one of these!" She kicked her back, left hoof straight into bushes and felt her hooves strike with a mighty thud.

Discord's head burst from inside the bush, where he'd been hiding, snarling his teeth and willing his arms to frighten the unexpected ponies. As he watched Applejack and Rarity jumped a foot into the air and both screamed and quickly scampered back down the cliff.

Fluttershy was frozen in place, her teal eyes shut closed and was stiffened with pure fright. Discord waved his lion paw in front of her face, knocks on her head and whispered calmly into her ear.

"Hey flutterbuddy it's only me. Discord. You know your dashingly handsome and wise friend."

"You scared me!" she complained, looking hurt. Seeing this made Discord tone down the chuckling, but the mirth in his voice still remained.

"Hey dose she kick all your friends in the head, the first time she meets them?" He asked, placing his claw to his head to feel a large, round bump squarely on his noggin.

"Oh dear," Fluttershy giggled. "Sorry about that, they're friends she didn't mean to do it honest."

"Of course, they look nice enough and not in a completely inedible way but it looks like I've given them a fright." He winced, still touching the sora bump.

"Ouch!"

"Here," she flittered to his head and kissed his forehead lightly."Any better?" She asked, looking back up at the creature who had some kind of lovey dovey expression.

They both started heading towards Silver meadow with a closed space, perfectly round, filled with wildflowers, tall silver bushy cat-tails and near the edges of a lazy river. Perfect for their secret get togethers.

"Oh I hope my friends aren't to worried about me,"she felt awful leaving her friends behind. "Oh but imagine the fuss that would kick up if they found out my friend was part of the Timbers wolves pack,"

"So where pretty much in the same situation then, I couldn't tell any of my pack mates about being friends with a pony or I would be in heaps of trouble with them." He leaped over a fallen down mossy, tree trunk and helped Fluttershy get her leg over.

"Well I guess we will have to keep this relationship a secret." She suggested and lightly nudged his side.

"When you put it that way it makes me kinda nervous but I gotta ask you Fluttershy, are you okay being my friend?" He nervously asked and rubbed the back of his neck.

"As prey I would have to say yes but more importantly, are you okay me being your friend?" She answered his question but asked another in return.

"I am, it's just hard keeping this a secret." He chuckled, looking back down to amused expression.

"I know Discord but it's a great one to keep that's for sure!" She respond cheekily.

They spent the rest of their day chatting, creating multicoloured flower crowns, snacked on berries, she even helped Discord catch a fish for his lunch by playing around in the river and even started a water fight.

Fluttershy plucked a milky, white dandelion from ground and blew the seeds of the stem as they twirled away into the far distance.

"What did you wish for?" He asked, stripping the meat of the bones of the fish.

She closed her eyes and contently sighed.“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would, I'd never leave you.”

He felt his cheeks redden under his flaming gaze. "Fluttershy. I promise."

The Sun began set and was gently falling to great it's sister moon. At the bottom of Saddle pass two mare hid behind a single tree and staring back up at the cliff.

"Applejack why did you leave Fluttershy behind!" Rarity complained.

"Are you kidding, that creature came out of no where, Rarity what else could I've done?" Applejack argued, having a face to face stare down.

Until Rarity noticed something at the corner of her eye. She stopped her quarrel and watched as Fluttershy merrily, skipping back down the cliff.

"Oh thank Princess Celestia your alive!" They cried out, rushing towards Fluttershy's side.

"Rarity, Applejack I'm okay!" She tried reassure them.

Author's Note:

Thank you every pony for adding my story to their favorites, leaving a comment or just clicking the like button.:pinkiehappy: