• Published 6th Feb 2015
  • 2,275 Views, 20 Comments

We Met One Stormy Night - Mischiefpop



A pegasus named Fluttershy wanders into a barn one night, seeking shelter from the storm. In the barn, the pegasus meets another refugee.

  • ...
3
 20
 2,275

One Stormy Night

Chapter 1: One stormy night

The wind howled and roared with every gust the rain, which felt more like hard, stinging pellets than any other standard storm, lashing down with a terrible force engulfed Equestria.

A pegasus named Fluttershy, galloped and manages to take shelter from the heavy rain in a small tumbledown hut; she step inside, finding only a few clean bales of hay scattered around the place, abandoned spider webs hanging from every corner with a hint of dust lingering in the air.

The gusts of gales slammed shut the exit behind her, leaving her in the confined surroundings in a total blackout. She cautiously wondered
over to the driest and safest looking place inside.

Suddenly a blinding flash of lightning struck near by made Fluttershy squeal like a scared wounded animal, as she curled herself up into a ball,covering her ears and head with her hooves.

Hoping and praying for anything to come along to rescue her...

Through the darkness, the door opened again to reveal a black silhouette figure with a pair of yellow and ruby pupils. As the creature made its way over to the wall across from her, along with the sound of hoof beats against the wooden floor.

Those are hooves! She thought triumphantly as the thudding sound could be heard making its way over to the wall across from her. Oh good, it's a pony! She assured herself, calming down. But… I wonder if he's hurt? She thought again, chancing a peek into the darkness. It was no good, she couldn't see anything, only hear his pained groans and the relaxed sigh as he sat down against the wall.

"Are you alright?" She asked. The other soul sounded startled at first.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize someone is already in here. It's so dark in here I can hardly see a thing." he explained.

"I came in here myself just a few moments ago. I'm soaked to the bone!" She said, trying to keep the conversation going but she heard the use of 'someone' not some pony.

"While trying to out run this storm I accidentally sprained my ankle!" He sighed.

"Well it is nice to have some company but I am sorry that you've hurt your leg." She withdraw feeling sympathy for the fellow.

"Oh I'll be alright but thanks for your concern." He replied. She then heard the sound of a stick hitting the wall and falling to the floor.

“Well, it’s a relief to have some pony is here with me.” She said, hoping to relate to her new roommate.

"And I can say the same. Spending a stormy night like this in a hut all alone, it’d put the shivers up anyone.” He replied.

"I agree. You don't know how relieved I am that you came in here." she replied but all she heard was the beginnings of a sneeze.

"*ACHOO!*" The male let out.

"Oh dear!" The pegasus said.

"Oh great I hope I'm not getting a cold." He grumble.

"Your not the only one but this kind of weather always blocks me up, I can hardly smell a thing *achoo.*"

The creature chuckled."We'll if we can't see or smell each other we'll just have to make do with each other's voices." Silence fell between them ...

"So... You don't mind if I ask where you live ?" She nervously asked.

"I live in the Everfree Forest." He replied. The pegasus listed too him quickly answering her question.

"What ! But isn't the Everfree Forest dangerous?" She inquired, recalling the fact that timber wolves lived in those woodlands.

"I suppose so, but it's a nice place to live all the same. There is a view that's rather stunning." He replied.

"My, you're brave. I'm from Ponyville," she said. Thunder and Lightning struck as they both in unison screamed. The final word from her mouths went unheard.
"Oh, I hate thunder storms!" She cried out.

"Same here. I can't think straight when one is going on," the male replied. He could still hear the muffled feminine crying and quickly tried to change the conversion.
"Sometimes I go beyond Ghastly Gorge, over to White Tail Valley to eat." He said.

"What a coincidence, so do I!" She said, rubbing the tears off her face.

"Just thinking about it's making my mouth water." He said, drooling and licking his lips.

"Me too." She replied.

" I wish there was some around right now." He said, as his belly started growling, which made the pegasus giggle.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she offered. There was a pause between them as they thought of what to say next. "Say, we have a lot in common, don't we?" She asked.

"Yes, I suppose we do. Although it's too dark in here for us to see what the other looks like, but I think it'd be rather funny if we looked alike." He replied.

"Yes it would." She said. The two of them exchanged laughs for a moment before the lightning struck.

"Oh… did you happen to see my face just now? I was looking down." The pegasus asked.

"Well, to tell you the truth; I wound up shutting my eyes. The flash blinded me." He replied. Another chuckle was exchanged between them before another flash frightened them.

"I really don't like loud noises." She whined.

"Me neither. Not only do they break my concentration, they hurt my ears." The male replied.

"We sure do think alike, don't we?" The pegasus suggested.

"I was just thinking the same thing." He chuckled.

"Why don't we get together tomorrow when the weather clears up?" She offered.

"Sounds good to me. And here I thought that tonight would be the worst night of my life to date. But who knows? It may turn out to be the best." He replied.

"Where should we meet?" She asked.

"How about just outside of this hut?" He suggested.

"Works for me. But we don' t know what we look like." She replied.

"Well, why don't we have a password, something like 'One Stormy Night'?"

"That sounds good to me. Our password is: 'One Stormy Night'." She replied.

As time went by, the two discussed their excitement about the following day and how they would carry their meals. The sun began to rise, brightening the day.

"We'd best be going. Don't want to spoil the surprise for Lunch tomorrow." The male offered.

"Yeah. Ooh, AH!" She replied.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine! My leg just went to sleep. Go on ahead." She said.

"If you insist. I'll see you tomorrow." He shrugged.

"Definitely!" She replied. With permission to depart, the male opened the door and stepped out.

Definitely!" She replied with permission to depart, the male opened the door and stepped out. The morning rays revealed him to be a dark grayish, reddish brown and a body made up of all sorts of things, with a thin build and large sized stature. He made track for the East, where Everfree Forest was. As he hit the tree line, where the sun couldn't yet reach him, then Fluttershy soon exited the door and went straight back home to prepare.