• Published 7th Nov 2011
  • 2,008 Views, 19 Comments

Pony Trigger - Pinklestia



What happens when your replace the Chrono Trigger characters with ponies?

  • ...
10
 19
 2,008

The Doctor

"Well... eh... um... I really wish we could have just deal with things peacefully, I honestly don't like to fight. But when I saw my friends in danger I... did what it had to be done. I am not proud of it, I cried for hours after hurting those monsters. But it was the only way to save my friends." Princess Megan Fluttershy of Equestria

JANUARY 10, 600 AD

"You!" Spike growled. He leap at the giant bug, ready to strike it with his sword, but the monster charged forward with amazing speed and blocked the dragon's sword with one of the tubes on his back. The force of the strike made Spike fall back.

Sparkle had to protect the queen, so she couldn't move much, but her horn glowed and her hammer came flying back to her.

Dash didn't know if it was okay to help Spike. After all, those two seemed to have some sort of rivalry, and maybe the dragon would take it as an offense to his honor if she got into the fight.

Just as the small dragon stood up, Yakra charged toward the unicorn and the queen. Twilight threw a red jar at the monster, and it broke in the creature's face, burning it with fire and making it scream in pain.

Dash then charged to the monster and slashed her sword at the monster. Honor or not, she wasn't gonna let anyone harm her best friend. She was surprised when the monster blocked the sword with his arm, without getting any kind of injury.

"Thy hide is still strong" Spike said. He headed for one of the monster's eyes, but the monster stared to jump and bounce around the room, hitting Spike and Dash, almost flattening them.

But when it tried to do with same with Twilight and Posey, the unicorn's magic stopped him in mid air. Twilight Sparkle looked like she was pushing herself to the limit; her face showed an expression of fatigue and pain. She wouldn't be able to stop the monster much longer, especially since it was growling and shaking, trying to get free.

Dash stood up, her right wing hurting more than before. The monster's skin was just too tough! Unless...

Dash ran into the monster, and since it was still floating, she easily kicked it up. When it came back down, Dash stuck her sword into the monster's stomach, and thanks to the monster's weight, the blade made it in.

Yakra roared, bleeding green blood, and punched Dash away. The punch sent Rainbow Dash flying away, but Spike caught her before she crashed into the wall. She struck the monster a blow, but with her weapon still stuck in its hide, the pegasus was left unarmed.

"You... you cannot defeat the mighty Yakra!" the monster roared, as two red jars crashed into its back, making it burn with fire.

As the monster rolled on the ground to extinguish the flames, Dash took the wooden sword from her pack and handed Spike two yellow jars, whispering something so softly that only the dragon could heard it.

Dash charged toward the monster as soon as it stopped rolling around. Yakra laughed, a wooden sword would do him no harm! While the sword snapped swiftly as he blocked it with his arm, he quit laughing when he heard the cracking of two jars at his feet. He tried to move, but found himself glued to the ground.

"Bwahahaha! You fools!"he screamed. The bug monster curled its back, the tube-light projections on his back contracted, and something spat out of them. A gray mass of big spines descended on Rainbow Dash, and she almost avoided them, but one of them struck her left flank.

"Argh!" she screamed as she fell to the ground, noticing the area around the wound becoming a dirty purple.

"Now my poison will kill you, you miserable-" A scream was heard all over the Cathedral as Spike's blade pierced the bug's right eye, and Spike pushed Dash's sword deeper inside Yakra. Both the eye and the stomach were bleeding a lot, but the monster wasn't dead just yet.

"I won't die... alone!" The bug's eyes glowed a bright red, and the whole room started shaking and falling apart. They had to get out of there!

"Run!" Twilight screamed. She didn't need to say it twice.

Spike helped Dash to get up, while the poison slowly spread over her flank. They all ran upstairs; they barely got out the Cathedral before the building collapsed.

"That does not look good. If only I had my pendant..." Posey said while she looked at Dash, who was quivering and could barely stand up.

"I feel... cold..." said Dash. The world was spinning. Her vision was blurry. Everything went dark.

Rainbow Dash woke up in a comfortable bed, her right wing barely hurting. She moved the sheets away and looked at her left flank, it had been bandaged but it felt a lot better. With some effort she was able to stand up. The blue pegasus looked around; there were many beds like the one she was in, and several colts sleeping in the beds. It was dark, the only light coming from a few lit torches. The room was huge and made of stone with a few windows; the pegasus guessed she was in the knights' quarters.

Then Rainbow Dash noticed another pegasus sitting in a chair next to her, a yellow mare with a pink mane. She was so quiet it was no wonder Dash had not noticed her before.

"Fluttershy! You're ok!" The blue mare said, hugging her. Fluttershy blushed and hugged her back.

"I... I am sorry!" The yellow pony said, looking down. "Because... because I used your friend's machine... you almost died!"

"I am better now. So, you are Princess Megan, right? Why did you lie?" Rainbow Dash asked. Fluttershy relaxed a bit when she noticed her friend was not mad at her.

"I'm Princess Megan Fluttershy of Equestria. My mother is Queen Tiffany Posey XII. Listen... the reason I called myself by my second name was because... I didn't think you would help me around if you knew-"

"You silly pony!" Dash hugged Fluttershy tighter. "So, where are Twilight and Spike, and how did you explain looking like the Queen of this era?"

Fluttershy was a bit surprised about Dash's reaction. "Well, Twilight told Queen Posey that I am from a land far away, and that I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was also a prophesy about the Queen being in great danger if one day she grew wings, so they didn't ask much else."

Spike entered the room. He had been waiting outside until he heard the two mares talking. "Lady Rainbow Dash, It's nice to see you well. But I failed to protect my Queen and in doing so I have dishonored the Equestria dynasty. Never again will I bring shame to the kingdom. I must leave"

"Now wait one minute mister!" Dash said, looking at him. "It's true the Queen was almost killed, but you also repaired you honor by saving her, why the hay are you leaving?"

Spike looked at Dash's strong rose eyes for a moment, then rubbed his chin as if thinking about the pegasus' question.

"It was my irresponsibility that caused the Queen to be kidnapped. If I hadn't been so negligent none of this would ever have happened. Rainbow Dash, thou hast potential with the sword. But do not slack off, I want a duel with ye in the future!"

Rainbow dash grinned. "So be it. The next time we see each other, I will be at your level of skill!"

Spike shook Dash's hoof with his claw and then looked at Fluttershy. "I hardly knew ye lass, but you have kind eyes; please try to keep Lady Rainbow Dash out of trouble."

"I will, Sir Spike." Fluttershy said and bowed to him.

Then Spike left the knight's quarters and walked out of the castle. Outside, Twilight Sparkle gave him a goodbye hug with tears in her eyes, making the dragon blush.

"Milady, do not cry. I am sure we will meet again soon." Spike said before running away into the Everfree forest, where he encountered a certain griffon.

"So, are you leaving just like that?" Gilda asked. "You know how much Posey cares about you, right?"

"I do. Lass, you helped us against Yakra, will you take care of the Queen for me?" The dragon asked.

"No, she will be alright. Most of the elite soldiers are coming back from the South to protect the Queen. Besides I talked with Posey and she liked the idea of having a spy in Rarity's army."

"That's a dangerous game you are playing lass, but I admire ye for that." Spike said and offered his claw to the griffon; shaking claws before they both parted ways.

After gazing at the Everfree Forest for a moment, Twilight Sparkle walked to the knight's quarters and found the two pegasus mares chatting together in high spirits.

"I hate to ruin the moment guys, but I think the queen wants to see us. And after that I think we should get back to our time as soon as possible." She said.

"Oh, right," said Fluttershy. "Eh... do you think... Spike will be OK?"

"Yes, I do." The purple unicorn said. "Now let's go, before we cause another time paradox."

The three mares went to see the queen, who thanked each one personally. While the heroes rejected any reward money, the queen insisted on giving Fluttershy a crossbow and a pink backpack.

"I... I don't like weapons." Fluttershy said in a low voice.

"Dear child, you look a lot like me, and there is a prophesy that if I grow wings I will be in grave danger. Since I have not gained any wings, the prophesy must be about you. Please accept it, this weapon is easy to use, and if you want, I can have my personal instructor teach you."

"Well... it is getting really late your majesty, and we have a long journey ahead of us." Fluttershy said. "I... I don't want to sound rude but we really have to go."

"I understand, but please, take care. We are at war, and this may not be the last time that looking like me gets you in trouble."

"Yes, your highness." Fluttershy bowed, picking up the crossbow and putting it in her new backpack. Then she put the backpack on and the trio of heroes left the castle.

It was past midnight by the time the group had returned to the clearing in the Dragondorado Mountains where they had emerged from the portal. Unlike last time, there weren't any monsters there. The clearing was perfectly calm, and birds chirped in the woods.

Twilight's horn had served as a flashlight, illuminating their path. It was a very simple spell, but effective.

"Hey Sparkle... you can do the light trick? Since when?" Dash finally asked.

"Well, I forgot to bring any flashlights or candles, and one of the unicorn archers taught me. He was surprised I didn't know how to do such a simple spell.

"Well, I guess what makes sense, and... how did they cure me?" Rainbow Dash asked, curious.

"Well, I gave Queen Posey her pendant back and she used it to remove most of the poison from your system, and I used a general poison antidote on you. Then once we got to the castle, the doctors treated you." Twilight Sparkle said. "Any more questions? We have to leave as soon as possible you know!"

"Sorry." The blue pegasus said. She didn't want Fluttershy to disappear again or something like that.

Twilight Sparkle smiled and pulled a metallic clock-like object from her backpack. She held it high in the air and turned a dial on its back.

The air around them shifted and they could hear a whooshing sound. Then, in the middle of the clearing, a portal appeared. This one, however, didn't try to suck them inside, and was at ground level.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy stepped back, amazed. "How did you do that?" The Princess asked.

Twilight Sparkle held her new toy high in the air and grinned. "These portals are passages through time," She said. "I call them 'gates'. Using a certain alloy, and some stuff I got at a garage sale, I created a device which recreates the conditions in my inter-dimensional transport warp machine. I call it a gate key. In short, this little wonder in my grasp lets us go back and forth through time using these warps. Same place, different era. I'm 99% sure there are more of them scattered throughout the world."

Fluttershy looked at purple unicorn, impressed, then said "Twilight Sparkle, you're a genius!"

"Ain't it the truth?" Cackled the glasses wearing mare. She caught herself suddenly. "Um... I mean..."

But then both she and the pegasus heard some snoring, Rainbow Dash had fallen asleep during the explanation!

The unicorn got close to the pegasus with the rainbow mane and screamed "Free cookies!" in her ear. Rainbow Dash jumped awake and looked around excitedly. "Free cookies? Where?" She then saw her friends laughing at her and a cold expression covered her face. "Not funny."

"Oh please, a grown up mare like you getting all exited for free cookies? It's really funny, don't you think, princess?"

"Well... yes it is funny..." Fluttershy said in a low voice, sounding a bit nervous and looked at Dash. "You are not mad at us, right?"

"Nah, it's okay." Rainbow Dash said, smiling. "I will just have to think of something to make Miss Twilight Sparkle pay, but we do this kind of stuff all the time, so don't worry!"

"That is good I guess." Fluttershy said, smiling back, then she looked at the unicorn. "Twilight, would you please just call me Fluttershy? I... prefer it that way, thank you."

"Okay, Fluttershy." Twilight smiled, then turned and looked at the whirling rainbow gate. "Well, I'm sure we should be getting back to good old 1000 A.D."

"What makes these gates?" Asked the princess, and Dash hit her hoof on her face frustrated, she wasn't in the mood for more explanations. "Ah, ok, don't worry, you can tell me later!" Fluttershy quickly said, she didn't want her friends to fight.

"Well, let's go!" Dash said, impatient.

The other two nodded and they all stepped into the portal at the same time. The gate closed behind them.

JANUARY 1, 1000 AD

The trio instantly emerged at the teleportation machine at the Millennium fair grounds. No one was around. The air was crisp, and the trees were green. There were no knights or monsters hanging around. It was midday.

Twilight Sparkle turned and looked at Fluttershy. "Sorry for putting you through all that, Fluttershy."

Fluttershy looked at the girl with a strange expression on her face. "Are you kidding?" She asked. "That was the most fun I've had in years! We'll have to do it again sometime!"

Twilight Sparkle laughed. "Okay guys," She said. "I'm going to head back to my house. I have some reading to do, stuff to fix, and my dad is worried sick. He needs to know everything is okay now." She turned and looked directly at Rainbow Dash. "Hey, Rainbow Dash, be a nice mare and escort Fluttershy home!"

"Yeah, I can do that in ten seconds flat!" She said and her friends looked at her. "Just kidding! Even with the use of wings it's going to take longer than that to get to Canterlot."

"Dash, you are so funny!" Fluttershy said, smiling. "So, will you take me home?"

"Of course I will! Besides, I heard the royal palace has like, the best cookies ever!"

All the mares laughed, and after the two pegasi said goodbye to the unicorn, they started their flight To Canterlot.

It was past 1:00 PM by the time the two got to Equestria Castle. After four hundred years, it seemed unchanged by time. Fluttershy knocked on the front door with a heavy knocker.

A small slide in the door opened. Two eyes peered out, searching rapidly. They landed on Fluttershy and opened wide.

"Princess Megan! Where in Equestria have you been?" yelled a guard from the other side.

As she was about to explain, the small slide closed. The princess looked confused. "What gives?"

The doors flung open wide, and a barrage of golden pegasus knights ran out and tackled an unsuspecting Rainbow Dash. She fell to the ground, fighting desperately to escape the grasp of the armored soldiers. Fluttershy turned around and screamed furiously.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? STOP THIS NOW!"

The soldiers let Dash free. "What is the meaning of this?" The yellow pegasus asked.

Before the soldiers had any chance to explain, the Chancellor burst outside. Rainbow Dash noticed a resemblance between him and the one from 600 AD. Only he looked younger. "There she is! Seize that blue pegasus you idiots!" Before either of them could move, soldiers had surrounded Rainbow Dash again.

The knights grabbed Rainbow Dash's front hooves and held her up. One of them placed a sword across her throat, ready to slit it at a seconds notice. The others brought her front hooves and cuffed her. Rainbow looked around with a confused expression.

"What are you doing to my friend?" the princess asked.

"Protecting your best interests, my dear." said a voice.

She whirled around and saw a short gray colt in green clothes. He had a white beard and round hat. "Chancellor?" She asked.

"Rainbow Dash of Ponyville. You have been accused of treason and ponynapping." He waved his scepter in Rainbow Dash's face. "You will be subjected to a fair trial."

"This is outrageous!" Fluttershy yelled. "She has done nothing to me!"

The Chancellor shook his head and turned to face her. "You have obviously been brainwashed, my dear." The Chancellor said. "This fiend is obviously guilty. Stand back while we decide her fate!"

The knights dragged Rainbow Dash through the door and headed down one of the hallways. The Chancellor followed them, chuckling softly.

One hour later...

The Royal Court of Equestria was a grand sight to behold. The judge's seat sat on the ground floor, and the podium of prosecution stood in the center. Behind the judge's seat was a thirty-foot high stained glass window with a picture of a mare with a black blindfold over her eyes, holding the scales of justice.

Great balconies hung over the room, where senators and royalty sat to view the prosecutions. Behind the central area was a semi-circle of seats for the common crowd. It surrounded the floor, giving the spectators a full view of the person on trial.

That day the seats were filled. Angry and unruly commoners sat anxiously, waiting for the trial to begin. It was not usual for them to be held with such short notice, but it had been an emergency, as the defendant was accused of treason and, worse, the ponynapping of the next successor of the royal family!

A door behind the judge's seat opened, and a masked colt walked out. The bailiff stood and yelled, "All rise!"

The entire crowd stood up. The judge walked to his desk and sat down. "All sit." The bailiff said. The crowd returned to their seats.

The main door to the courtroom swung open. The Chancellor walked into the room. Several ponies cheered him on. He turned and raised his front hooves in the air, trying to gain more approval. The crowd stood on their back legs, whistling and hollering. The short colt smiled and turned. He walked up to the judge's stand and sat down on a chair next to it.

"Bring in the accused." said the bailiff. He looked at the main doors.

Three golden pegasus knights carried a bruised and beaten mare into the court. Rainbow Dash raised her head and tried to look back at the crowd who was booing her. Her eyes were blackened, some of her bones were broken, and she was bruised all over. At least they didn't touch her wings.

The knights walked to the podium and dropped Rainbow Dash flat on her face. The crowd laughed and cheered. The pegasus stood up and clasped onto the wooden top of the podium. She looked wearily at the judge.

The masked judge looked at the poor mare. "Rainbow Dash of Ponyville, you have been charged with the crime of ponynapping Princess Megan," he said. "How do you plea?"

The blue pegasus tried to shake her head, but she could barely move a muscle. She opened her mouth to speak.

"She pleads innocent!" said a voice.

The mare mustered up the strength to turn around. A brown colt carrying a briefcase walked into the court room through the front door. He wore a gray vest. He also had spiky hair and an hourglass cutie mark in his flanks. Everyone looked at it, as they had no idea what a cutie mark was.

The Chancellor stood up and waved his scepter at the stranger. "This is an outrage!" yelled the gray colt. "This girl has no rights!"

The judge slammed his gavel on his desk. "Objection overruled. Everyone has a right to a fair trial, which includes a lawyer."

Grumbling, the short colt sat back down in his seat.

"I will be Rainbow Dash's lawyer," said the brown colt. "My name is the Doctor. Call me Doctor Foreman if you want."

Author's Note:

Special thanks to rhiiazami from #mylittlepony at irc.irchighway.net for editing this story