• Published 7th Jan 2015
  • 425 Views, 25 Comments

Oh, Sweet Silence - ShylyGirl



Fluttershy receives a letter from Twilight, asking if she could come over... but why?

  • ...
8
 25
 425

Chapter 3: Alone with My Woes

Twilight turned to Carmel, who only showed concern on what was going on. Twilight smiled.

"Oh, don't worry! This is just the way to the basement, and thats where all the unorganized books are stored. I'm hoping to move them up here..."

"Oh ok..."

Twilight swung her head towards the door, ushering Caramel to head on down. The stallion walked toward the ladder, placed his back hooves on one of the lower rungs, then continued to climb down the ladder.

Twilight turned around and faced Fluttershy.

"We'll just be down stairs sorting the books, and before you know it, we'll be up here putting them on the shelfs!"

"Okay Twilight,"

Twilight proceeded to climb down the ladder and into the basement. Once far enough down the ladder, the bookshelf started to slowly move back into place. Fluttershy sighed.

"Now what..." Fluttershy whispered.

The pegasus looked around the room, nothing sparked her interest, and there was no one to talked to. Fluttershy tapped Owlicious on the shoulder to try and wake him, but he did not respond to the touch. Fluttershy sunk into a deep feeling of boredom. Slowly, overtime, Fluttershy started to doze off. The sound of the howling wind and snow hitting the tree was like her lullaby to help her sleep.

After maybe a half hour of napping, Fluttershy was suddenly awakened by a thud coming from down in the basement. She was frightened for a moment, but then started to wonder what had made the noise. I wonder whats going on... Fluttershy thought.

Thud after thud, Fluttershy flew up onto Twilight's loft and started to try and pull out the bookcase. Fluttershy was able to create a small gap between the wall and the bookshelf. She landed herself on the ground and walked towards the crack in the wall.

"Is everything alright down there?"

It took a minute or two for somepony to respond. But, soon Fluttershy heard a trotting sound, when in an instant Twilight called up.

"Oh, every things okay. Caramel's just being a goof and dropping all the books." She answered with a sigh.

"I see. Twilight, if you need any help I'm always here."

"Don't worry, we've git everything under control! Hehehe"

There was a echo, but muffed yell from down in the basement.

"Oh, uh, Caramel needs some help with something." Twilight monotonely said.

"I'll talk to you later then..." Fluttershy sighed.

"I'm coming Caramel!" Twilight sang.

Fluttershy sighed and returned back to her boring spot in the corner. Owlicious was still asleep, and Fluttershy knew that, in moment that was what she would be doing as well...

End of chapter 3.