• Published 6th May 2012
  • 1,714 Views, 18 Comments

Steam Tyrant - duvagr007



Sequel to A Lonely Life. All I'm going to say is OCs in a developing steampunk setting.

  • ...
0
 18
 1,714

Prologue: Cornelius

Prologue

Inkwell was loving his new life with Twilight. He now lived in the library in which he worked, and he got to see the love of his every day. And each time he saw her, he was reminded of her beauty and intelligence. He was also reminded of the foal she was carrying in her womb. He knew any day now it would be time, and they would have to rush her to the emergency room so she could give birth. Inkwell was a bit nervous about becoming a father, but he figured that if Twilight was ready to be a parent, then so was he.

It had only been about a year and a half since he had moved into Ponyville. He realized he loved Twilight when they were on their trip to Cloudsdale a few days after he moved to town. A lot had happened since he arrived. Aside from him marrying Twilight, another marriage had sprung up among their friends. Fluttershy and Big Mac had gotten married, and were expecting a foal of their own in a few weeks. Rainbow Dash was unmarried, but she had decided to adopt Scootaloo. This had caused quite a fuss in town because nopony had known her parents were dead. The orange filly had seemed excited enough however, so the confusion had slowly been forgotten. Pinkie had sort of taken Pipsqueak under her wing and had become something like a big sister to him. Applejack still ran the apple orchard with the help of Applebloom and Sweetie Bell, who's sister lived in Canterlot with her husband Fancy Pants. Granny Smith had passed away a few months after Inkwell had arrived in town. He hadn't known her well, but she seemed like a sweet mare.

Inkwell, who was now a published and well known author, sat at his desk working on his latest book. It was around midnight, and he was getting ready to go to bed when he heard the door to the study open. He turned to see Twilight standing there looking pained and very anxious.

"What's wrong hun?" He knew whatever was bothering her, it most likely had something to do with the baby.

"It's time," she said flatly. This came as a bit of a shock to Inkwell, he knew it was due soon, but he had figured it wouldn't be for a few more days.

"Are you sure," he asked, and she answered with a nod of her head. "Alright then, let's get to the hospital." He stood and grabbed her with his magic, knowing that this would be her smoothest ride to the hospital. He stepped out the front door of the library, leaving a note for Spike saying where they had gone. Once he was sure the baby dragon hadn't been woken, he ran for the hospital, Twilight still held in his magical grasp.

_____

"I need you to push Miss Sparkle, the baby is almost out." Nurse Redheart sat waiting to receive the baby.

"Aaahhh!"

"One more, you're doing great."

"Aaaahhhh!!"

"Almost there, hold on. Oh no, the horn is causing damage!"

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!" Twilight let out one last scream and then a foal could be seen. Inkwell's vision was blurred, he caught the faint sound of the foal crying before he lost consciousness and fainted.

_____

Inkwell slowly opened his eyes to a blinding light. His hearing returned in a ringing pain. As the ringing and blurriness subsided, he became aware of his wife standing at his side. He turned his head to look at her, and she smiled.

"Good morning. Why are you always getting knocked out one way or the other?"

"Believe me, I've been asking myself the same question for the past year. Boy or girl?"

"Boy or... oh right. Why am I such a scatterbrain sometimes? He's a boy. Unicorn like his parents."

"What does he look like?"

"Nothing like us for some reason, he has a rust colored coat with a mane similar to bronze. His eyes match his mane and he looks rather large, not fat large just, big."

"Odd that he doesn't look like us. But I bet he's beautiful anyways."

"You're right on that, he is very beautiful, but not as beautiful as you." He chuckled and gave her a small kiss. Just then the doctor walked in and released him to go. They walked back home and began to prepare the babies room.

_____

1 Year Later

They had decided to name their son Cornelius. He was difficult to deal with at first, but Inkwell and Twilight had gotten the hang of it quickly. They also noticed quickly that he was very smart. At a year old he was already walking, and he was beginning to talk a little as well. He enjoyed finding random things around the house and building small machines out of them. He had already created clock, it wasn't functional, but all the necessary components where there in one way or another.

Fluttershy and Big Macintosh had their foal also. His name was Zach and he was a black pegasus with a black mane that had a read streak in it. He didn't make much noise and always seemed to be lost in thought. As much as you could be lost in thought at his age anyways. The Cutie Mark Crusaders had yet to complete their mission, and Pipsqueak lacked his cutie mark as well. Pip was a little too young, but the filly trio had almost lost hope entirely. They had no clue they would have to wait for a few more years yet to earn their special talent.

_____

"No you idiot! We can't do anything that would give our plans away! We need to wait until the time is right. Be patient Lucius, the kingdom will be ours all in due time."

"Yes, of course Blueblood. I humbly serve you, but how much longer? We need to act quickly. I have heard rumors that a very smart colt has been born, smart enough to ruin our plans if he so chooses.

"Don't worry. We will strike soon, but first we need to set the ball rolling. Perhaps some propaganda against the princesses? That should get ponies off their side at least, making it easier for us to take control.

"Very clever sir. You are truly an evil genius.

"Don't flatter me. Ha, hahaha, Mwahahahahahaaaa!!!!!"