• Published 2nd Jan 2015
  • 1,546 Views, 21 Comments

A Touch Of Kindness - DissyDiscord



Discord is having a hard time socializing with other ponies, not being able to get even a mare friend. What will happen when Discord requests guidness from the Element of Kindness? -Takes place after Keep Calm and Flutter On.

  • ...
3
 21
 1,546

A Stroll of Thoughts

It was a bright sunny day in Equestria and Discord was ready to come out of his cave deep in the Ever Free Forest to make something worthy of himself that day. "Another day free from stone! But now that I am reformed, I can't spread my chaos" Discord grunted as he summoned a glass of chocolate milk. "Why do I even listen to Celestia and Luna? I could steal the elements whenever I want and cause havoc every where I go!" he shouted out, then remembering the reason why he does not spread his chaos. "My dear Fluttershy, my only friend, that is why." He smiled at the thought that he has finally made a friend after years of being imprisoned alone in the darkness. He looked at the position of the sun. Noon..he thought to himself as if trying to remember something. "NOON! I am suppose to have a picnic with Fluttershy at 1:00!" He wasted no time and quickly headed out to Ponyville.

As he walked through the Ever Free Forest, he halted to a stop. "I should take something to show Fluttershy that I am worthy of a friend..." He looked around while walking to the direction towards the market, trying to get an idea of a gift. "What kind of gift would show my kindness towards her.." Discord caught a glimpse view of a dandelion near him and headed towards it. "Very lovely I say.. flowers for a beautiful mare like her" He smiled, but quickly changed his expression to a frown as he looked over to the muddle puddle near the dandelion, "I should really stop talking to myself."

~ • ~

Fluttershy sang a tune while she put salads, muffins, and delightful treats into the picnic basket. "Oh, what is it angel," she asked with her sweet soft voice as Angel bunny thumped his foot against her back hoof while pointing at the basket, as if to say something. "Don't you worry Angel bunny, Discord has been reformed for a while, and I trust him as a friend." She then got a long checkered red-and-white blanket and folded it neatly on top of the basket full of treats, then faced Angel. "I will be back by 2:30, don't worry Angel bunny." Fluttershy tried giving him a quick nuzzle on his forehead, but he rejected until he finally gave in. Fluttershy smiled and headed out the door to meet Discord at the hillside.

~ • ~

"May I please have a bouquet of daisies," Discord asked the merchant while pointing at the white delicate flowers.

"Eight bits," he growled at the draconequus.

Discord had a puzzled expression since the merchant exceeded two bits more than the original price. "Sorry to break it to you buddy, that sign says six bits a bouquet, not eight."

The merchant was surprised by the creatures argument, then grinned, "That sign applies to ponies, sir, not creatures such as you. Now I repeat, eight bits.

"Insult this poor creature now will you. I am mostly part pony, so I say, six bits." Discord said, confidence in his argument, but it had failed him for the merchant denied the offer.

"Nine bits, or no flowers, your choice."

"How dare you?!" Discord puffed, trying to keep his anger in. "Fine, 9 bits." Discord gave the merchant nine bits as he handed him the bouquet, missing one flower, but he did not bother arguing, for he knew it would be no use. He looked at the sun's position once more, hoping he wasn't late to the picnic. Thirty past noon... He walked through the town, realizing how long he had not been there. The whole town was quite organized and protected from any harm, like he caused many times in Equestria. Was I really such a heartless monster?, he thought to himself with a sad expression. He shook the thought off as he started hearing ponies whispering. He looked around and saw how ponies were watching him and giving rude comments as he walked through the town.

"What is that?" whispered a mare as he looked around.

"Looks like that monster that made Ponyville the chaos capital once.." said a stallion far to his right.

Discord couldn't take such rude comments, so he strolled of to walk through a different route. As changed direction, he wondered why he was always insulted and never loved. He had never had friends, until Elements of Harmony helped him get reformed, gaining the Element of Kindness as his new and first friend. It wasn't that hard for them to become friends, but he knew it would be almost impossible to get another friend besides Fluttershy, for he is mostly hated across most parts of Equestria. Atleast she thinks im worthy of trust. He didn't realize the quietness around him as he walked half-minded. "Why didn't I ever take this as my first route?" he pondered out loud, then realizing why he avoided this direction. This whole part of Ponyville was for mare friends and colts. Every restaurant was filled with couples in love, enjoying every moment they spent together.

Discord sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to make friends as quick as other ponies do, even less trying to gain a mare friend. He knew he wanted company and not only from a friend, but someone who loves him for who he is and will spend the rest of their living pony days with him. He had always ignored these kind of thoughts, but know that he had a friend, they started coming back to him. "Fluttershy will do for now. She is my only friend, and I appreciate her kindness." Discord then quickly smiled as a new thought came into his mind. He then got on all fours, holding the bouquet in his mouth, and ran all the way to meet his friend at the hillside.

Author's Note:

This is my first fanfic, so no hate pls:fluttershysad:. Also, if you find any errors, feel free to comment them below!:trollestia: