• Published 31st Dec 2014
  • 393 Views, 6 Comments

Vanhoover Sky - JandT



A pegasus filly goes from being an orphan to having a family and moving to a town that ain't so gloomy.

  • ...
 6
 393

Adopted

Misty woke up to the 1:00 PM ending lunchtime whistle. It was still overcast but the low fog receded. Since it was still a couple hours before Mill Whistle got out of school Misty went to the Flume's Diner.
"How are you doing Misty?" asked Pancake Flume, "I'm doing great because of the fact that I'm gettin' my daughter back" answered Misty. Pancake's grey face smiled and said "Well congratulations Misty, I hope being a mother goes well for ya", "Thanks Pancake" replied Misty.
Pancake asked "May I take your order?", "I'll have some cider and hay fries" answered Misty.

Misty grabbed a newspaper and the headline said "Stallion Gets Crushed by Logs", Misty sighed and put the paper down. It was not uncommon for ponies to die because of the relatively deadly working conditions.
"Here's you meal dear" said Pancakes as she set a blue plate of hay fries and a mug of cider on the table, "Thank you Pancakes" said the light blue unicorn as the grey earth pony walked away.

Meanwhile at Mill's School.............................

"You all did great on your end of year tests" said a red earth pony mare with a cutie mark of a wood rose named Ms. Woodrose, "You may have recess until your parents get here". The other foals rushed out of the classroom while Mill Whistle got up again slowly. "Bye Ms.Woodrose" said Mill Whistle with a noticeable hint of sadness in her voice, "You aren't leaving yet" said Woodrose. "Am I in trouble?" asked the green filly with even more sadness, "No" said Ms.Woodrose.
"Sorry I'm late" said a familiar voice, a light blue unicorn walked into the schoolhouse, "Misty?" said a surprised Mill Whistle. "Hey Mills" said Misty, "Hey Misty, what are you doing here?" asked Mill. "About ten years ago when I was sixteen, I had to give up a green foal with a white and blue mane" said Misty as she started to tear up "I regretted it but I didn't have money and thought she'd have a better chance there". "But, I got her back" she said as she showed Mill Whistle the adoption papers. The room went quiet, Mill was just shocked that one of her best friends was her mom. "Mom?" slowly uttered Mill as her tone went from sadness to excitement.

"I'm your mom and I love you" said Misty, "I love you to mom!" Mill replied. Mill felt Misty's fore legs wrap around her in a warm embrace. It was 4:00 when the two left the schoolhouse.
"Welcome to our house" said Misty, "It's a nice place mom" said Mill Whistle. "Can you help me pack?" asked Misty, "Why? I just got here" asked Mill. "Well, I have a marefriend in Ponyville and the railroad there pays better, her name is Sky Rail" answered Misty with a smile, "Well I've never been out of Vanhoover all my life so lets get packing!" replied Mill Whistle with a excited tone.
It didn't take them long to pack the very few belongings they had. Among those belongings was a picture of Misty's mom and pa, and her dad's old axe. That Friday Misty didn't take the night shift so she could spend time with Mill. Mill slept next to her mother in the relatively bare master bedroom.