• Published 28th Dec 2014
  • 930 Views, 30 Comments

Like A Phoenix - Coda Singer



All Is Lost, Every Victory or Success Twilight and Her Friends Have Ever Made Was Turned into a Failure... What To Do?

  • ...
2
 30
 930

Chapter 6: History Of The Apocalypse

"A long time ago, Twilight Sparkle earned her cutie mark performing a feat of magic, once she had done this she was made a student of Princess Celestia. Many years later Twilight was sent to Ponyville to study friendship. There she met her friends Rarity, Flutter Shy, Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. Their friendship was so strong they had their own magic and they inherited the Elements of Harmony. Generosity, Kindness, Honesty, Loyalty, Laughter and Twilight's element, Magic. With these elements they were able to beat tons of monsters, villains and all kinds of evil creatures. One day, some of their most dangerous villains teamed up and began to form a plan to destroy all of Equestria. Twilight tried to stop them but while she was fighting Pinkie, Rarity, Flutter Shy and Apple Jack were killed. Discord and Sombra cast a spell over all of Equestria. A spell that would turn all of Twilight's victories into failures. Every time they beat a villain was reversed. All of Equestria began to fade, everypony disappeared except for Twilight. On the first day she held a funeral for all of her friends and her mentor. She cast a spell to travel back in time, she thought at first she could change the past but then realized she would risk whatever is left of Equestria. She safely returned to her own time. She spent the next thirteen years alone, trying to rebuild Ponyville. But after casting the time spell and with the elements gone, her magic slowly began to fade as well, she designed equipment to help her like the C.L.A.M.P, she also constructed mannequins to keep her company. She spent thirteen years doing this. Until one day I showed up. We didn't know why or how but we went with it. She spent two more years teaching me how to use magic properly and then you showed up. We need to figure out why and how. And if we do then maybe we can reverse the spell and restore Equestria." Sweetie Bell finished her story and looked at the shocked gryphon, still sitting in the wooden chair where he was questioned.

"So..." Travis was trying to understand everything. "If we can figure out how you and I got here the. Maybe we can restore Equestria?"

"Yes." Sweetie Bell answered. "Which is why Twilight may chew you out over the next couple days." At this, Twilight walked into the house. She set down her saddle bags and looked at Travis.

"I need you to scout out Canterlot."

"Me?" Asked Travis.

"Yes, you're the only one who can get there and back fast enough." Twilight began unpacking her saddle bags, she pulled out some cupcakes and a leather bound book. She also grabbed a piece of chalk and drew a line on a different section of wall, over it she wrote "Travis".

"Okay... Be right back." Travis hopped out of the chair, opened the door and took off into the sky. Twilight walked over to Sweetie Bell and drew a circle around her. She walked a couple feet away and drew another circle.

"Alright Sweetie Bell, today were going to work on Teleportation."

"What!?" Sweetie Bell shouted as she stepped out of the circle in shock. "That's some really high level stuff Twilight."

"I know you can do it." Twilight moved the chair and looked back at Sweetie Bell. "Plus you have me." Twilight sat Down in the chair and smiled. "Now lets get started."


Twilight and Sweetie Bell had been practicing for a couple hours now, All Sweetie Bell could now teleport other objects into the circles but with great difficulty, they decided she wouldn't try to teleport herself until she could teleport other things of her size.

"Okay, where's Travis?" Asked Sweetie Bell, who had just teleported a couple of pebbles into a circle. "He's been gone for hours."

Twilight looked towards the door and stared for a couple minutes. She got out of the chair and opened the door. Since the princesses were gone the sun never sets. But now would be time where the sun begins the set. Twilight squinted and out of the corner of her eye she saw a figure come streaking across the sky. It soared towards Twilight with incredible speed. Twilight drew her blade and held it ready at her side. The figure came closer and closer until it crashed into some bushes nearby with a loud thud.

"What was that!?" Exclaimed Sweetie Bell who cane galloping out the door, a look of worry on her face. Twilight held out her hoof and waved Sweetie Bell back to a safe distance. Twilight slowly inched closer to the bushes where the figure had crashes. Suddenly the bushes shook and Travis crawled out of them.

"What happened!" Asked Twilight, putting the blade away and helping Travis up. Twilight could see the outline of his ribs against his chest. He looked like he hasn't eaten in days. But as he walked out he inhaled deeply. The oultline of his ribs disappeared as if that air he just inhaled was a four course meal.

"Uhhh... What was that?" Asked Twilight, getting ready to pull out the blade.

"What was what." Said Travis, sounding frantic. Before he could blink he was hooked up to the lie detector once again. "Really? This again?"

"What happened back there?" Twilight questioned with intensity.

"I crashed into the ground what do you think."

"No I mean when you breathed! It was almost like you were being... Fed or something. What was that?"

"Nothing!" The needle jerked to the side.

"Tell the truth!"

"You need to trust me!" The room fell silent when Travis said this. "We can't survive if we don't trust each other."

"What is this 'we'?" Retorted Twilight. "You just appeared out of nowhere."

"You have no choice but to trust me!"

"We can kick you out. It can be just me and Sweetie Bell again, and you'll have to try to find your own way in this waste land. You have two choices. Tell the truth, or leave." Travis fell silent and looked at Sweetie Bell, she was staring at the floor, gals porting stones a few inches at a time. Trying her best to avoid his gaze.

"Fine..." Said Travis, giving up. He gave one more look at Sweetie Bell. His body began shimmering with a green aura. And the shape of he gryphon, morphed into a small black creature with green eyes and bug like wings. Twilight instantly drew her blade.