• Published 1st May 2012
  • 1,613 Views, 26 Comments

True Feelings - EveningStar



A short Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle shipping story.

  • ...
6
 26
 1,613

Chapter 1

True Feelings

by: EveningStar

“Hey Rarity?”

“Hmm?” was the only response that Sweetie Belle knew Rarity heard her.

“Thanks for helping me with my magic.'

“You're welcome, darling. I am surprised that you hadn't learned the levitation spell yet.”

“Yeah. I have another question.”

“What is it?” Rarity had a look of utmost concern on her face.

“How do you feel about mares with mares and stallions with stallions?”

This was going to help Sweetie Belle out. You see, she's had a crush on Apple Bloom since last Hearts and Hooves Day but she can never seem to tell Apple Bloom of her feelings. She wanted Rarity to be able to help her with this.

“I think it's great. Any type of love is fantastic as long as its real love.” Rarity replied, a nervous expression crossing her features. Had Sweetie Belle figured out anything about how she and Twilight love each other?

“Okay, well there's one thing..um..”

Rarity immediately lit up, “Do you happen to like another mare?”

All Rarity heard was a squeak, “Speak up, darling.”

“Yes. I do.”

“Ooh! Who is it?!” Rarity asked as a look of pure excitement lit up her face.

“Um.. It's Apple Bloom.”

Immediately afterward, Sweetie Belle heard a squeal of happiness escape from her sister.

“I'll invite her over immediately! You two will make such a cute couple!”

Sweetie Belle squeaked nervously and excitedly.

About 20 minutes later, Rarity heard the doorbell ring. She went to go get it, excited for her sister.

“Ya said Sweetie Belle needed to see me?”

“Yes, she does. Just go to her room and she'll be there shortly.”

“Okay.”

As soon as Apple Bloom left the room, Rarity ran over to her sister. “Okay, Sweetie Belle. You go in there and don't come back until you told her how you feel.”

“Um, okay.”

Sweetie Belle lightly trotted to her room, pausing slightly at the door. Finally, she walked into her room.

“H-hey Apple Bloom.” Sweetie Belle said, now nervous a lot more.

“Hiya Sweetie Belle.”

“What's been going on?” Sweetie Belle knew (since her sister had told her many romance stories) that you start small and build up to the matter at hand.

“Well, Apple Jack allowed me to help her applebuck earlier and I only managed to get one apple to fall down. It didn't even land in the basket. What have you been doing?”

Sweetie Belle smiled sympathetically. “Rarity helped me with my magic. I can now levitate an object but can't do anything with it yet.”

“Why don't you show me? I'd love to see you use your magic.”

“O-okay.”

Sweetie Belle got a book off of her bookshelf and set it down on a table. She concentrated extra carefully this time, willing her magic to pick up the book. Cheering coming from Apple Bloom let her know that she didn't mess up the spell and she set the book back down.

“Wow! That was great, Sweetie Belle.”

“Thanks.”

At that exact moment, both fillies were having the same thoughts. 'Why can't I tell her how I feel?”

Finally, Sweetie Belle broke the silence that had crept up on them. “Um, Apple Bloom.”

“Yeah?”

“I need to say something..”

“Me too.”

“Let's say it at the same time then. 1..2..3..”

“I love you.” they said in unison, both blushing madly.

Both Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom were in shock. They couldn't believe what the other had said.

“You really love me?” Sweetie Belle said incredibly happy.

“Eeyyup!”

Both fillies burst out in laughter about Apple Bloom's uncanny impersonation of her older brother.

Sweetie Belle stopped laughing first, staring into Apple Bloom's eyes. She leaned forward until there was just a couple inches between their faces. Apple Bloom closed the distance and touched her lips to the other mare's. Sweetie Belle immediately closed her eyes, enjoying the sensation of her first kiss.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle walked side by side out of the room and down the hallway to the main part of Carousel Boutique. Rarity saw the look of happiness and amazement copied onto both filly's face. She knew that she had been the one to help and that made her glow with happiness.

“So, I assume everything went alright.”

“Eeyyup!” both fillies said and everyone burst out into laughter. Finally, Sweetie Belle was truly happy. Everything had fallen into place.

Two weeks later, Apple Bloom decided to tell Apple Jack.

“Hey AJ?”

“Yeah, AB?”

“How do you feel about mares with mares and stallions with stallions?”

“Aw, shoot. Don't you remember? Ah'm dating Rainbow.”

“Oh, yeah. Well, I want you to officially meet someone.”

Sweetie Belle then walked out from behind the barn and walked over to where Apple Jack and Apple Bloom stood.

“Hey Sweetie Belle!” Apple Jack said.

One look was shared between Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom and they both nodded.

“We're dating.”

After a look of shock, happiness spread across the farmer's face.

“That's great news, sugarcube!”

Finally the couple knew that everypony they cared for now supported them and would never judge the way they felt. Everything was at peace in both filly's world.