• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 1,968 Views, 53 Comments

Fallen Princesses - Bellex

  • ...
20
 53
 1,968

Chapter 3 - To Plan

Author's Note:

Just a quick chapter. Couldn't add enough fluff for a bigger chapter.
Like, up vote, comment and criticize.

At Canterlot Castle - Princess Celestia's Study

Sitting upon a selection of floor pillows was the ever majestic Princesses of Equestria, along with two Captains of the Guard - Unicorn and Pegasus Divisions, as well as Discord, who was floating lazily above then in a circle sipping on a Pina Colada (complete with mini gummy umbrella). The others had an assortment of cookies, cakes and tea of their choice.

"Thank you both for coming to see us on such short notice, but I'm afraid I must cut the pleasantries short. There is a new creature to Equestria. We fear for the safety of our citizens if it should prove to be violent. So We would like for the both of you to send a squad to go undercover to observe and if necessary detain the creature." Celestia said, knowing the two in front of her will do their utmost to carry out their will. The unicorn stallion and pegasus mare, known as Cpt. Glass Cannon - who specializes in first strikes, and Cpt. Shadow Breeze - who handles spy missions, were only two of the three Captains. Cpt. Fortress was on vacation in Las Pegasus. He specialized in as one would guess, defense, not magically, but his understanding of it allowed him to spot any weak point at a glance and turn it into a strength. The two Captains knew how serious this was. Not because three of Equestria's most powerful beings were there, nor from her less used serious voice. Princess Celestia has not touched her slice of cake.

"It will be done your Highness, but may I ask, what is the creature we will be watching?" Asked Shadow Breeze, wondering how a single creature can cause the Princesses this much trouble.

"The creature is a human, Captain." answered Celestia. Glass Cannon managed a spit take that impressed Discord.

"Are you sure it is a human ma'am?" Celestia nodded. Glass Cannon sighed. "I don't need a squad for that. I have the perfect mare for the job. She isn't part of the Guard but her father is and she knows our procedures."

"Which mare art though speaking of, Captain?" Luna asked curiously.

"Lyra Heartstring, ma'am."

"Ah, I had forgotten about her...hobby." Celestia knew of the mare and her exuberance about mythic species. Particular of those concerning humans. If she found out there was a living specimen, then she wouldn't let him out of her sights. "Yes, I do believe that will suffice." Then Celestia got a smile on her face, seemingly to notice the cake for the first time and took a bite. "But let the knowledge of it being human be a surprise. It'll be a Hearth's Warming for her."

"Very well, I will send her at her earliest convenience."

"You don't need to send them right away. Let the soldiers enjoy the holiday." Celestia lifted two folders and handed them out to the two of them. "Here are the specifics. There is one for Fortress when he returns. Read it and select your squad. You are both dismissed." The two saluted and returned to their normal duties.

When a moment of silence passed, Celestia turned to her sister. "Luna. Do you think you can find the humans dreams? Any information you get will be better than what we have now."

Luna nodded. "I believe so, but it has been over four thousand years. I may be, oh how do they say it, rusty?" Humans can access the Dreamscape just like every other species, but like everything about them, it required a special trick to do so.

"Thank you Luna. You should head off to sleep. It's past your bedtime." At the mention of her pillow, Luna cracked a wide yawn. She nodded and headed off. "I'll tell the staff to make a late dinner for you." All she got was a grunt in return. Giggling she turned to Discord. Then watched him for a moment.

"I know this will be hard on you, but I don't want you anywhere near the human for the next few days." Discord rolled over to look at Celestia. "As such, I will temporarily release you from your promise of using too much chaos, but not of causing harm. Go out, have some fun. Enjoy yourself."

"Very well, Princess. I wonder if Fortress would mind a bunk buddy." With a snap of his claws he was off, likely giving the Captain a hard time.

"I'll need to give Fortress a bonus for this." With another sigh she got up and walked out to her balcony, she looked towards the castle on the outskirts of Ponyville, forming plans to the situation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile in Ponyville

"How can such a skinny fellow weigh more than a cow?"