• Published 24th Dec 2014
  • 1,961 Views, 7 Comments

Somewhere In Bucklyn - StoneWare13



Soarin meets a new mare at a train station on his way to his first week at the wonderbolt academy, he falls deeply I love with her but what will happen when he discovers who she really is?

  • ...
1
 7
 1,961

Ow I Wonder

Author's Note:

Wow I got this chapter finished fast...

I have been spending too much time doing this story, and not very much time doing my very important Corse work. Ooops... I am glad I only have 1 chapter left. Please enjoy this one and the next will be out hopefully next month.

Enjoy

LemonZing
X

Somewhere in bucklyn

Ow... I wonder

-------------------------------------------

Music blasted into every corner of the local bar. a young alabaster stallion with striking orange mane and tail was working the dj booth, allowing his magic to change records and turn dials. bouncing by his side was a hyper looking filly who looked to be his daughter, her mane was similar but a neon blue colour.

The club was casual. a nice sized room with a few tables that lined the walls. most not needed, as the wonderbolt members and there loved ones seemed too occupied with the music to sit sulking in a corner, like one stallion. Many of the team mates danced, moving in time with the beat, swaying their hips with each note change. Surprise was being... well Surprise, hoofing out trays of food and alcoholic drinks.

In a shadowed corner soarin sat with his cider, occasionally gulping a mouthful. he had taken his time getting ready and arriving for the party. turning up on time, he had spent the last hour hiding from the other ponies. Soarin wasn't a antisocial type, he just prefers to watch the other mares and stallion.

There was mostly pegasus walking around chatting and eating the food provided, to the Soarin's surprise , a few unicorns and earth ponies joined, most likely friends and family of the team members he had began to train with.

Soarins eye settled on the door way as a golden mare trotted in. The pure sight of her face made soarin smile, she just had this ora that made Soarin's heart flutter. Following her was her brother (Rabidfire) and father (Hazzard). but to Soarin, spitfires perfect smile was the only importance.

-------------------------------------------

"Having fun?" asked a new voice of a stallion who had joined Soarin the corner. Soarin haven't noticed rappidfire trot over while he was willingly admiring the team mates sister.

"Ow yer... yer lots of fun" soarin try to say without feeling guilty about his actions.

"I never would have gessed the corner was fun place to be" Rapidfire was a very sarcastic pony. Soarin found his personality amusing, the way he acted so similar to his younger sister but nothing like his father.

"Yer funny" wined Soarin.

"I know I am! so anyway, I don't think we really got off on the right hoof, iam Rapidfire !"

"Yer I know, your the son of captin Hazzard and brother of spitfire. am I right?" In that moment Soarin felt like the cocky one.

"Yer how in Equestria did you know that?" Rappidfire complained.

"Your dad told me"

"That would explain things. Well anyway, enjoy your night. I am going the find some nice filly, if you get me?" The orange maned stallion posed attempting to show if his well toned wings which Made him self look like a fool but soarin just role his eyes at such act of masculinity.

"Have fun" soarin tested, not expect the cocky stallion to hear as he trotter of in search for a mare. Soarin looked back over to spitfire she stood chating with Fleetfoot and a strange earth pony mare. The mare as a tan colour with a a simple blue pot cutie mark, but the main attraction was spitfire. her toned figure was almost too perfect to believe, the way her wings clung tight to her back. even down the way she swooped her mane back with her hoof. Soarin just smiled nothing could break his trance...

"SURPRISE!"

"HOLY MOTHER OF LUNA! Suprize what the hell! you made my jump!" Yelled Soarin but the thumping bass muffled his complaints.

"Well maybe you shouldn't stair at fillys!" sang Surprise, she remained too close the the panicked Soarin. Her face inches away from his, as she balances all her weight on her front hooves.

"I wasn't!" Huffed the pail blue stallion defending his image.

"Yes you where silly. I can tell you like her!" She squealed in her high pitched voice.

"Ow yer, how?"

"That way you look at her" her voise became softer, the completely opposite to her day to day hyper personality. she sounded almost caring and supportive.

"Big wow. she is nice looking, do you blame me? Soarin said looking back over to the chatting captain.

For a moment the mare and stallion just looked out above the herd of dancing ponies. soarin had become close to each of his team members, Surprise along with Fleetfoot where two of his best friends, it was only then did he realize that Surprise was trying to help him.

"Can I tell you a secret" Surprise blurted out. no consideration to the mental break through exploding is Soarin's head.

"No WAY! Suprize can keep secrets?" Soarin teased the yellow pegasus.

"Very funny! but yes I can." she strikes a pose of conference, which made Soarin snigger under his breath.

"Ow go on then." Soarin continued to tease.

"She likes you!"

"WHAT!" Soarin was taken back with what his new friend had suggested. his eyes almost jumped of his face with shock. surly that couldn't be true!

"Yup, yes has a pretty big crush on you, has done since you arrived" Surprise retuned into her sing song voice.

"How in equestria would you know that?"

The yellow maned mare shock her head at the stallions naivety. "She is my best friend! she tells me everything... so you going to make a move on her?"

"B...But what do I say to her?" Nervously, Soarin began to stutter, that way he did when talking to the one and only spitfire.

"Just go up there and ask her on a date or something! your a big colt now, you can do it." The words of wisdom from the hyper Lemon mare where inspiring to soarin.

"O..ok then, here I go" Her now empty mug retuned to the table as the nervous Soarin got to his hooves to walk over to her.

-------------------------------------------

The trot began with determination, with each hyper beat of a rhythmic drum, his hoof collided with the dance floor. He conference act soon dropped, as his got closer and closer. he walking in the tips of his hooves almost like he was sneaking past a sleeping dragon. with every step he took he heart expanded to the point of exploding. time seems the slow as he grow closer and closer and closer.

"H..hey spitfire" soarin stuttered grabbing the attention of the flawless mare as she chatted with Fleetfoot and a younger looking tan mare.

"Ow hey Sorain what's up?" Asked spitfire smiling like that day he meet her. Soarin pawed helplessly at the floor, he failed to notice Fleetfoot as she slowly backed away to leave the conversation with her ears folded against her head and tail between her legs.

Soarin continued "I was just wondering.. If... well if you would want to go out for a dinner some night... you know like... like a date?" Soarin looked up to the reaction she would give prayed her would smile with the perfect smile she always had but she wasn't.

Silence trapped the pair in a bubble, as she look down upon the stallion. bouncing notes of the music drowned out by the pounding beat of the shy Soarin's cracking heart. she didn't smile, or frown. She just stood there...

"Rookie, look....."