• Published 17th Jan 2015
  • 511 Views, 0 Comments

Hestia's Carpet - mikki



Princess Luna finds herself in another dimension where notheing is what it seems and the end is just the beginning

  • ...
 0
 511

The Shadow In The Dark


The rain poured heavily down Luna's face as she stared into the horizon, seeing no stars, no moon, no sky. Just the dark rainclouds clustering up to pour rain on Equestria's dark fields. Her mind was clear. She was at one with herself. Suddenly the rain stopped, giving Luna time to dry herself as a shadowy snake slithered beside her then morphing into a black stallion with a crooked horn.

"Hmmm... I expected so much more from you Princess," said the stallion, breaking the silence.

"One may sometimes stoop low without knowing to have done so. I have done that when I fell for you Sombra," replied Luna in an icy tone.

"We could have had everything. All of Equestria at our hooves. Eternal night. Their fear could have been our kingdom."

"I would rather ponies hated me than feared me. You were a mistake. I should have never agreed to my sister when she suggested that I tutor you. At least then you were a good pony."

"Yes and that made me weak."

"You could have had me then. You would still become king of the Crystal Empire. You could have followed your father's hoof steps into ruling an empire. With a queen!"

"Yes, I could have. But I am getting off topic. Why return to your Equestria? After all Celestia did. You could rule here with me instead of the blue one."

"No thank you. I had my share of banishment as well. And Artemis, is liar."

"Speaking of him here he comes. But do not forget Princess. You will falter one day and you will come crawling to me," said Sombra slithering away as Luna turned around to see Artemis flying towards her and landing gracefully.

"You're back. What do you want?" asked Luna.

"Luna please, forgive me. I...I never meant for that to happen. But how could one not fall in love with such a beautiful, brave and sophisticated mare like you. And I tried hard not to fall for you cause you would leave me and I wouldn't be able to stand it... So will you forgive me?" he asked. Luna felt pity seeing him speak words of honesty. But instead of speaking she smiled realizing she loved him too, without wanting to. She remembered how hard she hard tried to block out that feeling. And to Artemis' surprise she stood up as well and leaned forward kissing him.