• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 1,379 Views, 2 Comments

The Power Ponies: The Wish of Your Life - GhostQuill



Three wishes can make all the difference in a battle for good and evil. Hum Drum best choose wisely.

  • ...
1
 2
 1,379

Chapter 2

The Next Morning…

We are proud to announce, the Arabian artefacts exhibition... OPEN!”

“MWAHAHAHA! Why thank you Mayor Blossom! I’ve been pulling at my hair all month waiting for this day!”

“Not if we have anything to say about it!”

“Power Ponies! There seems to be fewer of you than I remember. Perhaps they’ve decided they were tired to losing and gave up.”

“The Power Ponies never give up! Even with four of us, we’ll still stop you!”

“I wouldn’t be so sure, for I’ve brought back-up! Minions! Attack!”

"Come on team! We've got this!"

"Get away you ruffians!"

“LOOK OUT RADIANCE!”

"What?"

“MWAHAHAHAHAHA!”

There was a shatter of glass and crumbling of stone as the entire entrance to the Museum of Ancient History was blown inwards. A large glowing orb flew through the entrance and rammed into the opposite wall. The pink orb disappeared as a golden coated unicorn fell to the ground from within it. A small green blur was quick to follow, instantly by her side.

“Radiance!” He called. “Radiance are you okay?!” She didn’t answer, but instead moaned as her eyes scrunched together. A looming silhouette passed through the gaping hole of an entrance, and made her way into the room. Her red and green irises changing sizes as she giggled staring around the room at the gold covered, gold plated, and moulded from gold, artefacts. Her long and odd hair held her in the air as it walked for her like the tentacles of an octopus. Too giddy to keep her attention on one item for long, she shouted that she must have it all, where several well groomed ponies ran in and started throwing items in sacks and bags. Her eyes came upon the hourglass that would have beat her in height if her hair wasn’t holding her aloft. This did appear to have her attention. Her eyes moving back and forth with the slowly shifting sand within, sparkling in the morning rays of sunlight. Greedily she used her hair to lift it up, but found it harder than she thought to lift the large hourglass. But she wouldn’t be deterred. Until a certain unicorn decided to pelt her with a beam of hail. The tiny little ice flakes hit her and she was forced away from the hourglass. Some of the well groomed ponies with sacks of artefacts tried to leave, but a huge grey monstrosity was blocking the exit, screaming at anypony that came close and blowing them back with her shout.

“Stop this Mane-iac!” The pink unicorn shouted. “You’ll not be getting any of these artefacts!”

“Oh but I think I will, and there’s nothing you shams can do about it!” As this Mane-iac laughed for the HUNDRETH TIME ALREADY, said sham leaped and bowled over the hair-brained mare and they both went tumbling on the polished floor towards the Ancient Zebrican room, disappearing through the doorway. A crash and more unsettling laughter echoed from within. All of the well groomed ponies with sacks of artefacts were continuing to fill up their bags while staying clear of the grey monstrosity blocking the exit. A few of them were surrounding the little green foal, heading for the artefacts that lay behind the fallen Radiance. Small as he was, he stood before them shouting at them to leave him alone. They only chuckled. One pushed him out of the way and reached for a golden oil lamp, but the young foal jumped onto the table and snatched the lamp away with his teeth. The one who had pushed him out of the way before, now frowned and took off after the foal, determined to catch him. The foal skittered in and out of legs, tables and his pursuer’s grasp, all while a golden oil lamp’s handle was clamped between his teeth. He ran towards the doorway the Mane-iac and a pink unicorn had fallen through, and was met with a green tendril of hair latching around his waist. At the sight of this, the grey monstrosity pushed through the gaping hole of an entrance she had been guarding, into a room far too small for her huge frame, and made her way for Mane-iac. The entire building was shaking, the lamp was slipping from the youth’s teeth, and I could feel the hourglass tip.

As the building shook from the monstrosity’s quaking, so did all the items and ponies inside. Rocking from side to side as they tried to keep their footing. The hourglass was shaking subtly, the bottom too heavy for it to tip over. So I made the hourglass’ top heaver. All the sand from within spun around and entered the top half, slamming into the side of the glass in beat to the building’s quakes. The hourglass teetered precariously on its edge, and nopony noticed until it was too late.

My prison fell.

Author's Note:

This is a bit of left field and some utter disregard for proper story structure; but this entire chapter is in first person...

I really like it like this though.

Granted, suddenly going to first person in the second chapter is not the smartest move, but just urhhhhhhh, that ending though; it had so much more intensity to it in the first person. I like it and I'm keeping it.