• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 1,378 Views, 2 Comments

The Power Ponies: The Wish of Your Life - GhostQuill



Three wishes can make all the difference in a battle for good and evil. Hum Drum best choose wisely.

  • ...
1
 2
 1,378

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

I'm using the actual Power Ponies from the Annual comic in this (the cover image is also from there). And since they don't have "normal" names, I had to make them up. They can't exactly go around in their everyday lives calling each other Matter-Horn or Saddle Rager. (A bit of a dead give away of who they are.) So this is probably going to be all very confusing but here's a little guide:

Masked Matter-Horn - Summit
Radiance - Divinity
Mistress Mare-velous - Crescendo
Fili-Second - Nimble Hooves
Zapp - Soaring Dove (more commonly known as just Dove)
Saddle Rager - Ambrosia
Hum Drum - Little Drummer

All was quiet in the city of Maretropolis, it was a bright summer morning, and the Power Ponies were all enjoying breakfast at their favourite diner. Though it wasn’t the Power Ponies at the diner, it was their alter egos; their average everyday selves all enjoying a plate of pancakes covered in syrup along with a steaming cup of coffee.

“Thanks Crescendo! This looks yummy!” Little Drummer said, happy to dig into his food.

“Always welcome Drummer.” The pale coated mare smiled as she filled up the young foal’s glass of milk, her dark blue hair braided and tied up in a bun out of the way, though her fringe still found its way into her eyes. She was working her waitress job at ‘The Water Trough’, and serving her friends as they ate their breakfast’s. The television was playing on the wall above the counter where a morning news report was playing as background ambiance to their normal breakfast.

“Word of new archaeological finds in the Cloven Desert reveal priceless artefacts from the Arabian eras of pony history. The dig, conducted by Maretropolis’ own Dr Forty-Niner, is a big find for him and some of the artefacts will be brought back home to be shown briefly at the Museum of Ancient History, where they will then be taken to Maretropolis’ Sparkle Labs to be studied further. This is a rare opportunity to have a look into the lives of ponies from nearly 2000 years ago and-”

“Oh I would love to go see that,” Divinity said, her emerald eyes stared over her tea to the screen, “Those Arabian ponies had such glamorous tastes in décor, don’t you think?”

“They certainly liked gold, that’s for sure.” Summit noted as many objects coated or even made of gold were shown across the screen. Her head rested in her hoof as she leaned on the counter. “Which means trouble for us.”

“It dost?” Dove enquired over her mug of black coffee, too engrossed in its flavour to let it leave her lips. Ambrosia secretly glared at her for her rudeness, but distracted herself fiddling with the flower brooch on the scarf around her neck.

“Of course it dost.” Summit glared at her, “Every villain in the city will be wanting to get a piece of that gold.” She waved a pink hoof at the screen. “It makes no sense to bring the artefacts back here; they know villains live here. They’re just asking for the items to be stolen. Makes me wonder if that Dr Forty-Niner has any sense at all.”

“You’re such a pessimist.” Drummer stated.

“I’m not a pessimist, I’m a realist.”

“Mmhm.” He ‘mmhmed’ while taking a sip of his milk, returning his attention to the TV screen.

“Among the artefacts found, was the remains of an ancient dragon, perhaps the owner of all the lost treasures found within the sunken cave. His collection is vast and most of it will be staying in Saddle Arabia, but among the artefacts that you will be able to see at the Museum of Ancient History are some fine paintings and rugs; believed to be the only intact ones from that era. Golden goblets. Engraved and decorated chests. Antique lamps, and this exquisite hourglass. Standing at over 15 hands high, it is a pinnacle of craftsponyship. Within, it appears that the sand moves and sifts on its own, but experts are saying it is an illusion, cast to make the hourglass more interesting to the eye. All of these items will be on display a month from now at the Museum of Ancient History. That’s all we have time for, but we will be back at 6 for more. I’m Happy Talk of Channel Neigh News.” The report ended and an episode of ‘The Magic Carriage’ started to play, all attention from Little Drummer was diverted to the TV. Summit sighed and planted her face on the table.

“Ay it’s alright Summit. We got a month til any o them mooks tries to steal the artefacts. We’ll just snatch the ones not in jail, and make em stay there when the Museum thing rolls around.” Nimble Hooves stated flicking her spikey orange hair out of her face and cheerfully put a slice of pancake in her mouth.

“Yeah… I guess you’re right.”

“O course I am. Now come on and dig in, your food gonna get cold.”


One Month Later…

“MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” The MANE-IAC laughed as she climbed the sides of skyscrapers making her way across the moon lit city. The Power Ponies raced through sky and street to follow her.

“Come on girls!” The Masked Matter-Horn shouted, aiming an ice beam which froze one of Mane-iac’s locks of hair to the side of a building. It was easy for her to pull it free, but it bought the Power Ponies a moment of time to catch up. “We need to catch her!”

Fili-Second zoomed past her friends and team mates making her way to Mane-iac. It was easy to catch up to her. Stopping her; that was a different matter. She ran at high velocity speeds, Mane-iac was stopped on top of one of the skyscrapers and was being spun around in circles. Angered, she punched her tail outwards into Fili-Second’s path. She slammed into the hair, and Mane-iac was quick to wrap her legs up before she could move. Her maniacal laughter echoed down to the rest of the Power Ponies, their gasps of horror; music to Mane-iac’s ears as she threw Fili-Second into the sky. Super speed wasn’t much help when there was no ground to run on. Zapp and Saddle Rager raced to catch her as the rest watched on. Down and down Fili-Second fell, the wind rushing past her face (honestly; slower than she was used to), but the fear made her heart pump twice as fast. But as soon as she had started falling, she had stopped. Held safely in the grasp of her two pegasi friends. Each member of the team breathed a sigh of relief, intending to return to their chase of Mane-iac, only to find her gone.

“Clay-brained, drunken-eyed, pigeon-livered and TOAD-BACKED DIZZARDS, TIS US!” Zapp bellowed to the heavens. “SHE HAST VANISHED FROM OUR SIGHT AND MADE AWAY INTO THE DARKEST OF SLIME COVERED PITS!”

“Zapp! Calm down will you!” Mistress Mare-velous shouted at her. “Cussing isn’t going to bring her back.”

“And there’s a foal here!” Radiance huffed, holding her hooves over Hum Drum’s ears. “Have some civility!”

“What are we to do?!” Zapp asked, “The exhibition begins on the morrow morning! With the Mane-iac still loose, she could attack or release other brigands and plunder the Museum!” Sighing loudly to be heard, the Masked Matter-Horn stepped up to all of them and said,

“Well then I guess until Mane-iac is caught, we’ll be guarding the Museum.”

“But we have jobs to get to tomorrow.” Mistress Mare-velous said.

“We don’t all have to be there, we’ll take turns. Four of us will watch over it one day, and the next the other three can.”

“I can help tomorrow.” Saddle Rager stated, “That is, if it’s alright with everyone else.”

“Thank you, Hum Drum and I will also be there tomorrow. Can anyone else help?”

“I’m here to help honey.” Radiance spoke up.

“Perfect, now just make sure the rest of you three are free the day after encase Mane-iac doesn’t attack tomorrow.”

“You can count on us!” Fili-Second saluted.