• Published 10th Dec 2014
  • 572 Views, 1 Comments

Raging Storm - OmegaFanfiction



A storm appears in Ponyville, a storm that the Weather Ponies didn't bring. And when one falls, will they be caught?

  • ...
 1
 572

Flying Into the Fire

Flying Into the Fire

Rainbow Dash, her mane flowing behind her, was flying towards her home in Cloudsdale. She weaved in and out of the clouds, and was doing all sorts of tricks. When she was in the air, she was free. She was who she wanted to be. And now... Well, she would be going to her bedroom.

When she eventually reached Cloudsdale, she soared up even further into the sky, ready to do her big finish. She plummeted down towards the floor of clouds at supersonic speed. Faster and faster she went, and as she started to come close to the clouds below, she soared up faster than before. A rainbow of colours spurted out in all directions, covering the city in the sky down below. But she had to head home quickly. The residents of Cloudsdale weren't a fan of her frequent Sonic Rainbooms, and if she got caught, she wouldn't be seen for quite a while. So she flew towards her home, ready for a long nap.

But her house was gone. Poof. Just like that. Rainbow just hovered there in stunned silence. Not even the cloud where the building stood on was there. She looked all around Cloudsdale for it. It was on a cloud. It had to have moved! But not a single trace of the house was there.

"No... No!" Rainbow sunk down onto a cloud and cried. She just couldn't believe it. All of that hard work had disappeared. "I worked so hard... Where is it? Where's my house?" She cried more and more, and it felt like the tears never stopped coming. And for a while, they didn't.

It was a loud rumbling in the distance that stopped her tears. She quickly stood up and saw the Weather Ponies flying as fast as they could away from something. She could tell by the looks on their faces. But what where they flying away from? Her question was answered instantly. The black clouds had started to cover Cloudsdale, the rain pouring and the wind howling. The sound was deafening, but she couldn't cover her ears. Her hooves were stuck in place. She couldn't move, and she had no idea why. But just one sight caused all of her nerves to burst alive again.

In all of the chaos that was happening just a few hundred yards or so away, she was able to catch a glimpse of her house fade into the wind and rain. "My house!" She cried, and her wings sprouted up, ready for action. Without a second thought, she leaped off of the cloud and dived headfirst into the storm. She disappeared from sight.

The inside of the storm was worse than the outside. All around her, wind and rain hammered against her, and the sight of the houses and other buildings being smashed to pieces was shocking. She couldn't believe that all of these houses were being crushed, like a little filly knocking a toy house down. They were being ripped apart, the debris flying off in all directions. She struggled to fly straight with the wind smashing against her. But she had to keep going. She had to find her house as soon as possible. And she did.

But her timing couldn't have been any worse. She managed to find it, but she only saw it being torn apart by the debris of another building. The windows shattered, the foundations got torn apart, and the walls and roof were wiped clean off. She was too late. She just stayed where she was, her wings flapping furiously in order to stop her spiralling out of control. But her wings had failed her this time. She found herself spinning around, unable to regain control. She couldn't stop herself spinning. She couldn't stop the debris from her house. The two collided heavily, and the last things Rainbow saw before losing consciousness was her house vanishing into the clouds, and a single trail of blood escape her mouth.

And in all of this chaos, Fluttershy watched in horror. But she still had no idea what had happened to her closest friend.

Author's Note:

Well, this was an exciting chapter to write.

I tried my best to make this chapter as intense as possible, but I think I could have done better! But I don't know how!

Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!