• Published 26th Nov 2014
  • 650 Views, 4 Comments

The Creed: Repairing Rome - Woody Willows



With the Borgia in control of Rome, the Assassins need to take back the city and restore it to its former glory. A band of six assassins are a key role in reclaiming the city, but how do they manage to do it all..?

  • ...
 4
 650

Mission (pt. 3)

Author's Note:

Constructive criticism guys...please. (This chapter has swearing in it. Y'all done been warned!)


" So, AJ," Rainbow asked,"where to now?"

" Well, we are rather close to the house itself, now. I reckon we make a mad dash and climb to the roof. We can deal with any guards up there. But be quiet. We don't want the whole place after us.. They will probably think we're trying to kill the Govn'r. Attract no attention!"

"Got it! I be I can make it to the top of the roof Bedford you!"

"When will you learn? I WILL win."

"Alright, hot-shot. We go on three. One...two...THREE."

The two sped off, while still trying to remain silent. They hopped in hay carts, snuck past guards, and sprinted with swift feet until they reached the building, AJ slightly ahead. As Apple-Jack started to climb the. Building, Rainbow jumped off of a fence to the wall. Before she could get RD could get a grip on the side of the manor, AJ grabbed RD's leg and pulled her to the ground with a thud. AJ then swiftly climbed up the building until she reached the roof. The instant she pulled herself up onto the roof, Rainbow pulled herself up as well.

"Well, I reckon we,ll just call it a tie...again," AJ said." Will one of us ever actually-"

"Get down from here! Who are you?!" A guard yelled.
The last thing you'll ever see..," Rainbow replied as she pulled the mini crossbow off of her back shot a bolt straight through the air into the guards chest. The guard fell over dead.

Rainbow walked over ,picked up the body ,and then threw it off the edge of the building. "That'll take care of the body!"

"But what if a-you know what. I give up on you, RD."

-=l=-

"Well, we are right by the house," Fluttershy said,"At least we don't have to worry about-AHH!"

A guard's corpse fell from the roof right by Flutter's feet. She jumped under a cart and hid there, shaking like a chihuahua.

"I knew I sensed something. But what are you afraid of?" Pinkie asked. "It's only. A dead body!"

"Exactly..!"

"Well I'm guessing RD is up there."

"How can you tell?" Fluttershy asked, crawling out from under the cart.

"The complete lack of care of how the body was dumped. Well, I'll take care of it." She picked it up and threw it in the hay bale beside them. "Okie-dokie-lokie! Let's go up there and meet them!"

The two climbed up the wall onto the roof, and met the other two.

-=l=-

"We are close to the house. We can get a better vantage point on the roof."

"Good idea, Twilight," Rarity replied.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's roll!"

The duo started sprinting their way towards the big stone house. They ducked, rolled, and hid to dodge all the guards. After reaching the building, they climbed onto the roof only to see the other four.

"Howdy, y'all!" AJ greeted them. "The other two met up with us not but five minutes ago."

"Huh...well what do you know?" Twilight said. You know what I think? We need to get on top of that watchtower. Let's roll out!"

The group of four started climbing up the tower. Once they got there, they took a moment to get there bearings on all of the land.

"Look over there!" Rarity whispered. They turned their heads only to see a figure standing on the tower across from them. The man slowly went down the stairs of the tower into the building.

"Guys,"AJ said. "Ah think we found our man..."

The group starts to head to the other tower. AJ and Rainbow-dash go straight for the top of the other tower. Twilight and Rarity jumped into the hay cart below. Fluttershy and Pinkie make a B-line for the main doors. With this plan...that wasnt actually planned...they were hoping to cut off his exit points.

-=|=-

AJ and RD reach the top of the tower and look down to see the man's figure run down the large spiral stairs. "Get him!" AJ says as they run down the stairs. They reach the bottom of the stairs and see a door to their left close. They run through the door. As soon as they do, there is a loud BANG and Rainbow goes down to the ground on her chest. "AAAAAHHHHHHH!" she yells. AJ sees the man at the end of the hall with a pistol clenched in his fist. He turns and continues to run through a different door. He got away from them.

AJ kneels down beside her friend and goes to pick her up. Instead, RD turns on her back, holding her leg, her hands saturated in her own blood.

"Ah gotcha, RD," AJ says to her fellow assassin.

"What are you doing he-GAAAH-is getting away!" RD replies.

"There are four other assassins after the same guy. Ah ain't leaving you. Do not object, Ah am staying right here. Now lay down."

"But I-"

"Do it..." RD lies down. AJ produces her dagger and looks at RD's leg.

"GAHHH! Don't touch it!"

"Oh, lay still and quiet down." AJ holds the dagger in her mouth as she examines her friend's leg. "Now fis ish gonna hurt shugercoob," AJ says, voice muffled from the dagger. She presses her thumbs at the edges of the wound and slowly starts to move it to get a better look, making Rainbow-Dash scream. "Dish'll hurt a bit moore." AJ sticks her thumb into the bullet hole to try to feel the bullet.

"AAAAAAAHG! FUCK!" Rainbow yells.

"Found it!" AJ spits out the dagger. "This is going to hurt even more. Don't worry, it'll all be fine, trust me. Ah just need you to hold REALLY still or this will end up worse than what it is now, got it?"

"Fine, whatever! Hurry it up!"

"Alright, here goes. Keep really still." AJ digs the knife tip into RD's wound and puts it behind the bullet. She pulls up, pulling the bullet out of Rainbow's leg.
, "OH! AAAHHG, FUCK!" RD yells as the bullet is take out of her leg.

"Alright, the worst is by far over. It'll hurt sometimes but nearly as bad." AJ reaches down and rips off a section of her cloak's hem. She rips that in half and wads one up. She slowly presses it into Rainbow's wound. The long strip, she wraps around the whole leg as a strap to hold in the fabric blocking the wound and as another layer of protection. The next strip, she ties tight around the area just under the knee to act as a turnekit. She picks up RD and puts her over her shoulders and walks to the nearest exit to wait for Twilight to heal Rainbow.

-=|=-

Pinkie and Fluttershy go do a door and open it up. The first thing they see I'd the man in the same hallway. He turns into another door and keeps running.

"Get him!" Fluttershy says. They run down the hall and turn into the door the man went in to. As soon as they open the door, Pinkie-Pie is hit with a knife in the shoulder. The man turns back around and keeps running. Nothing more does Pinkie than take the knife out of her shoulder, toss it to the ground, and keep going. Fluttershy is still standing there, totally shocked.

"Come on!" Pinkie says, with her normally raised voice as her hair again somehow deflates.

As Fluttershy is snapped into reality by Pinkie's yelling, she keeps running.

They run through a different door, but lose sight of him. They keep going, running randomly from room to room, hoping to find the man or other assassins.

-=|=-

Twilight and Rarity run through the courtyards, hoping to find the man. As they turn a corner, they see him coming from a doorway. As soon as they see him, Rarity yanks the crossbow from her back fires a bolt. As she was grabbing the crossbow, the man runs away and around a corner. The two assassins follow him.

As they turn the corner, the man is aiming a crossbow at the two and fires. As the bolt courses through the air, Pinkie Pie jumps in the path and takes the bolt for Rarity. As all this happens, if all people, Fluttershy jumps from the building and land on the man, knocking the weapon from his hand and sending the hidden blade through the man's shoulders.

"I got Niccolo," Fluttersy announces.

"Hah... You fools. I am not Niccolo. I was just leading you on. THE Niccolo Boccocio is in the carriage that has the prime minister in it now! They left fourty minutes ago. You'll not catch them now."

"Oh no!" exclaims Twilight. "What are we going to do now?"

"Help the friend that got shot by a crossbow," Pinkie says, holding the bolt that stuck in her arm.

"Oh please," Rarity says, walking over to the stranger,"Why did we not do this earlier," she continues, pushing Fluttershy out of the way. She aims her arm at the man laying on the ground and fires a bullet from her hidden gun straight through his skull, killing him instantly."See...that simple."

"How could you be so cruel?!" Fluttershy yells, starting to tear up.

"Oh you're right," Rarity says,"I should have done it in a more clean fashion; I got blood splatter on my nice white cloak!"

"Umm, guys, I think that is the least of our worries. Niccolo may kill the governor at ANY second and we don't have any idea where AJ and-" Twilight is interrupted, while trying to patch up Pinkie Pie, by a shout for help. "It was AJ. Let's go!" The four assassins run off to their friend's location.

As they reach the other two, Fluttershy gasps from the sight of the blood leaking onto the hallway
floor. Twilight runs over to RD and starts to examine her. She looks at the leg and takes off the bandages. "Now this WILL hurt, Rainbow, just don't scream about it." Twilight says while examining the wound. She cringes and looks away. It's really bad, but on the bright side it missed bones, so nothing is broken. It may take less time to heal than we think, thanks to AJ's quick thinking. I estimate about 1 1/2 weeks until healed enough to go back into action. Thankfully, I always have a first-aid kit...a really advanced one." She produces a box and opens it up. It contains many things from a few medical knives to thread-and-needle and jars of who knows what. "This is going to hurt even worse...by a mile..," Twilight says as she opens a vile. She ook a cloth out of the box and soaks it in this liquid, which smelled like a dead skunk, and put it over the wound. Rainbow cringes and lets out a slow, low groan of sheer pain. "Now we wait a few minutes," she says as she corks the bottle and readys another.

"Rarity, AJ, follow one road. Fluttershy and Pinkie, go the other at. Search and get i to from the streets if you must. We can NOT let the governor be killed! I'll stay here with RD and being her back to the tower. GO!" The other assassins speed off as Tailight takes this other bottle and pours it in the very wound itself. Surprisingly, to Rainbow, Rainbow-Dash can't feel a thing...in her whole freaking leg... Twilight then proceeds to grab a torch from the wall. She holds the wound closed as she presses the torch against the leg, searing the wound shut. THIS hurts RD, but still not as much as it should. Twilight then grabs the needle and thread and starts to sew the wound down mire securely. After this she takes RD and picks her up. She the. Walks out of the manor and proceeds to the tower.

-=|=-

As the other four assassins ran through the streets, they saw a group of four guards on horses. They knew exactly what to do. They kill the four guards and take the horses. They speed off until they find a fork in the road. Rarity and AJ start to speed down one path as Flutters and Pinkie speed down another.

"Uhh, Pinkie, are you ok?" Fluttershy asks, noticing that Pinkie's hair isn't as inflated as it normally is.

"Sure! Of course I'm fine silly. What makes you think I'm not?" Pinkie replies, with a forced smile.

"You just seem...off..."

"No, no.. I'm *sigh* ...fine."

The two galloped along the road until they came upon a large, ornate carriage. Instantly, they both knew what it was. They rode up next to it and jumped off the horses on to the carriage's roof. They jump grab the edge over each door and swing down. They kick in the doors and stand in the fairly large carriage. The sight before them horrifies them. All they see is the governor, his throat slashed, and a man holding a bloody knife. Blood stains the seat and floor. They can just a few seconds too late. As they look on, Pinkie's hair just deflates. She looks on with a sad expression. Fluttershy stumbles and sits on the seat on the other side of the carriage. Pinkie stares at the man, who is sitting frozen with shock.

"We...We're too late," Pinkie says slowly, a tear forming in her eye. Suddenly, her mouth turns to a flat expression, showing no emotion. " We're...too...late..." She looks down. When she looks back up at the man, her face turned to a twisted smile. "We're too late...now it's too late for you..."She presses a hand on the man's chest and pushes him back, sitting him back in his chair. The man thrusts his knife at Pinkie who grabs his arm and twists it back so far and fast, his arm breaks and turns the opposite way it should. She tears the knife from his arm. She presses it lightly on his chest. "You see," she says right in his ear,"you make a four," she presses slightly further, braking the skin,"inch," she presses the knife further,"incision," she slowly presses her hand into the wound she made,"then it will be," she pushes further,"all," pushes further,"over." She pulls her hand from his chest, holding something. Fluttershy stares in utter horror as she beholds the heart Pinkie Pie holds in her hand. Pinkie reaches down with her other hand and cooses the man's eyes."Requiescat en pache, Niccolo." Fluttershy starts to hide her head in her arms and cries.

Pinkie's hair stands back to its normal curly style. She looks at her hand, totally saturated in blood and holding the heart in her hand. She looks at the scene around her and remembers what happened. She drops the heart and goes down to try to comfort Fluttershy. She pushes Pinke away and jumps out of the carriage and starts to run toward the direction they came from. Pinkie runs after her, completely forsaking the two dead bodies in the carriage.