• Published 26th Nov 2014
  • 650 Views, 4 Comments

The Creed: Repairing Rome - Woody Willows



With the Borgia in control of Rome, the Assassins need to take back the city and restore it to its former glory. A band of six assassins are a key role in reclaiming the city, but how do they manage to do it all..?

  • ...
 4
 650

Three Plus three.

"Bring it on..," Rainbow-Dash said as the guards rushed towards the three assassins. The three stood back-to-back-to-back, readying themselves for the many troops to come attack them. As the guards,were fighting, a few archers appeared on the wall above them, trying to shoot the assassins. Rainbow smirked, then dashed from the group and ran up a wall, plunged herself off, and landed on two guards with the hidden blades slicing through their necks. Rainbow grabbed her crossbow and shot at a guard, the arrow sticking in his forehead.

Blades were flashing around all over the place when a scream of pain shot throughout the hall way. Worried, Rainbow ran through the throng of guards, dodging, blocking, and perrying attacks. When she reached the source of the shout, the looked down to see Fluttershy with an arrow in her back, bleeding. "We need to get out of here now, Apple-Jack!" Rainbow-Dash yelled. "Cover me!" Rainbow-Dash picked up Fluttershy, and headed for the exit, Apple-Jack coming in for an aid. Most of the guards were dead at this point. They reached the exit and sprinted out.

"Where's the nearest doctor?" Apple-Jack asked.

"Over there! See him?" Rainbow-Dash replied.

"Yeah! Come on!"

After a few more minutes of running, they reached the doctor. Rainbow set Fluttershy onto the table. "Save her," Apple-Jack demanded of the doctor.

"I'll have to see what I can do," she replied, then got to work. "You were two smart people by not taking the arrow out of her back. If you did, she would've bled out faster because there would be nothing to plug up the hole... wait... why was she shot anyway- you're assassins..."

"Now, if ya tell anyone 'bout this, ya will fall by mah blade."

"Oh goodness, no. I'm actually on your side. I believe you are doing the right thing. I've actually always wanted to be an assassin."

"How do ya focus on the conversation and yer job at the same time."

"Experience. Plus I've read books about multitasking. And focus. And anatomy," the doctor said, moving some of her purple hair out from in front of her face.

"Well anywho, we need all 'a the help we can get. If ya really wanna be an assassin, we could easily let ya in."

"Really?! Why, that'd be phenomenal! When do I start?"

"Right after ya finish up our friend there."

"Just a few more seconds."

After another ten minutes, the doctor said, "Here you go. All this lovely lady needs is some rest."

"Why, we thank ya kindly for this favor," Apple-Jack replied.

"Why sure! Now, where do I go?"

"Ya see that tall tower over there?"

"How could I miss it?"

"Well, go there and tell 'em Apple-Jack sent ya."

"Ok, so your name is Apple-Jack, her name is..."

"Rainbow-Dash."

"And my patient's name was Fluttershy?"

"Yup."

"Got it! Oh, and uh, my name is Twilight. Twilight-Sparkle. Well, I guess I should head out, then. I'll see you all later."

"Yup! Bye now."

"Well, Fluttershy," Rainbow-Dash said. "It seems you can't come on any more missions with us until you're better. That sucks."

"Oh... sorry..," Fluttershy replied.

"Well, we befree be going, then." The other two assassins nodded their heads in agreement and started off. Soon, the trio reached a tower. "Ill climb the tower and see where we need to go," Rainbow said. Within a matter of seconds, Rainbow reached the top of the tower. She sat up there for a good three minutes before jumping into the hay pile below her. "You know, I saw some place that I'd like to hit before we get back to the base."

"And what might that be?"

"A tailor shop. I'd love to get an upgrade on my knife belt."

"Ok then. Ah fer one'd like ta change up the color of mah clothes. This white color is pretty boring."

"I agree," replied Fluttershy.

And with those final words, they were on their way to the tailor's shop, which they reached after a few minutes of walking. A lady was the clerk at the shop. She had beautiful white garments on with an indigo hair color. "Why hello, darlings," she said, with a more refined accent," what can I do for you three today?"

"Well, I was wondering if you could add a few more spaces to put my knives," Rainbow said, putting the knife belt on the counter.

"But of course. Let me add some more. It'll not take but a few minutes." She sat down and got to work. With an impressive time of about fifteen minutes, she set the belt, which had five more places to put knives, on the counter. "Done. Now, what can i do for you?"

"Well, mah cloak here seems rather... dull. Ah'd like to dye it a different color," Apple-Jack said.

"Ok. Well, if I could please have you step back here behind the counter."

"Why? Uh, just curious."

"Well, dear, unless you want to be the new color of your clothes, I'm going to need you to take off your clothes. After all, you'd not want to be seen, uh... naked, now would you?"

"Oh, uh, I guess you're right," Apple-Jack replied, blushing and scratching the back of her head. She went behind the counter and then a little wall. She threw her cloak over top of the wall. "Now, Ah don,t wanna sound impatient or anything but could ya mind hurryin'? It's kinda chilly back here."

"I'll go as fast as possible. Now, what colors might you like to dye your garments?"

"Orange with a tan trim."

"Excellent choice," and with that the tailor began her work. Not ten minutes later, the lady had Apple-Jack's clothes dyed and handed back to her. "Now what might I do for the third?"

"Oh, uh, I'd like my clothes dyed. Yellow with a pink trim. Uh, if that wouldn't be too much trouble," Fluttershy replied.

"Not a problem! Just step back here as your friend did."

Fluttershy stepped back to behind the counter, went behind the little wall, and threw her clothes over the top of the wall. Within another span of ten minutes, the tailor had the clothes dyed and given back to Fluttershy. "Is that all?"

"I would say so!" Rainbow-Dash replied. "How much is the cost?"

"It is free."

"What?!"

"Look, I know who you are, it's almost obvious, and I'm on your side."

"Well... how generous of you. And on that note, I'd like to know two things. One: what is your name?"

"Rarity."

"Ok. And two: would you like to join our cause?"

"Oh my... I never in a million years thought that I'd ever get this chance. Of course!"

"Great! Do you see tha-"

"Wait. I might like to know your names as well."

"Well, I'm Rainbow-Dash, this is Fluttershy, and this is Apple-Jack."

"What lovely names! Now, what were you saying."

"Just go to that tower over there and tell them that Rainbow-Dash sent you."

"Wonderful! I'll go just as soon as I close my shop. Well, ta-ta!"

"Good-bye!"

And so, the trio left, back to their base. But, they ran into a small problem along the way. A young woman was sitting on the ground, crying, her long, pink hair laying flat, draping over shoulders. The three approached the young lady. Rainbow-Dash asked, "What's the matter?"

"Those dumb Borgia g-g-guards walked up t-t-to me and destroyed the cart I w-was selling h-h-homemade desserts on," the woman replied, stuttering because of her sobbing.

"Well, lucky for you, we three don't particularly enjoy those losers either. We are here to help."

"R-r-really?"

"Yup! Now tell me, how much total money was the stuff on your cart worth?"

"Last I counted, about th-th-three hundred florins. I was only out h-here for about tw-twenty minutes. Why?"

"Because I'm giving you three hundred florins, that's why," Rainbow-Dash said as she handed the lady a sack of coins.

The young lady's hair instantly perked up into a curly mass of fluff. "Wow! Thanks! I'll never-ever-ever forget this kindness! I feel I have to repay you now, though, but I have nothing to give you.

"Ah, but you do. Your service! You see, we three are assassins that are complete enemies to the Borgia and the pope, and we need more willing assassins for our cause."

"Wonderful! Of course I'll help! My name's Pinkie-Pie, by the way; what's yours?"

"I'm Rainbow-Dash, this is Apple-Jack, and this is Fluttershy. Now, all I need you to do is go to that tall tower over there and tell them that Rainbow-Dash sent you."

"Sweet! Well, I better be on my way then. Bye!" And then then Pinkie-Pie skipped off without another word.

"Well, we'd better head back, Ah guess," Apple-Jack said. "Let's go." The three started to climb some buildings and ran their way there. Soon, a voice pierced the air, saying, "Get down! NOW!" The three looked over their shoulders and saw a Borgia guard with his crossbow raised, pointing at Apple-Jack. "Don't make me use this!" the guard yelled once more. The three started to run. The guard fired the crossbow, sending the bolt flying towards Apple-Jack's head. It grazed her cheek, making it bleed, then flew off into a wall. Apple-Jack turned around and threw a knife towards the guard and it hit his head, dropping him instantly. They kept running and jumped off of a ledge into the street below. They were surprised when they saw several guards chasing them on the ground. Apple-Jack stopped at said, "Go! Ah'll take care of these varmits. " she spat on the ground, looked right st the guards and said, "Come git some..." Apple-Jack drew her sword and stood tall. Rainbow-Dash stopped to go back, but Fluttershy put a hand on Rainbow's shoulder. "She'll be fine, Rainbow. Come on," and then they ran off.

A guard swung his sword at Apple-Jack. She blocked his blow and stabbed him in the chest. As another attacked from behind, AJ swung her sword behind her, stabbed the guard in the chest, and then thrust her sword in front of her, killing another guard. Two more remained, one with a pike, and one with a normal sword. They attacked at the same Time, the heavy guard in front. She grabbed his pike and pulled it behind her, making it stab the other guard. AJ grabbed the heavy guard and threw him behind her, knocking him on the ground. She took this time to stab him in the head with her hidden blades. And thus, the five guards were dead. After this action-packed, high-octane, intense encounter with the guards was over, she began to run to the tower, completely forgetting her cheek was bleeding.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed this! Please, tell me if there was any spelling errors. My spell-check is crap. Thanks for any who liked and/or favorited this story!