• Published 27th Apr 2012
  • 868 Views, 8 Comments

Wolf-Dragon: Draca's story - Toa Coy



This is the first in a series that I'm writing of my OCs in MLP.

  • ...
 8
 868

Love and Hate

In this part we will switch from Angel's POV and Draca's POV. Also wolves are now canon in the show, my wolf will not be a timber wolf but a gray wolf. Warning this will have blood and a look at a pony half dead, note this will be down played.

Enjoy

~Toa Coy~

Angel's POV

I felt guilty for leaving Draca with my parents, even through she in capable hooves. Still that dream...that horrible dream has haunted me since I woke up, I really need to get my mine off of it. I lost track of time and walked into the train station, with a sour face. I was thinking of ways to get the dream out of my head when I bumped into the ticket booth. It hurt but I just shook it off and saw that the mare, who was the ticket taker, smile at me in a friendly way. She must like her job or she is just hoping to leave soon, I thought to myself as I asked, "Excuse me but can you please give me a ticket for a train heading to the Lake of the Woods." I smiled trying to hind my worry and pain.

The ticket started to print and the mare said, "Your in luck this is the last train heading that way for some time."

I stood there wide eyed at this but I went back to normal and asked, "When would the next train be going that way?"

"About two weeks or so, that will be twenty-five bits for the ticket and overnight charges." The mare said with a smile.

I levitated her the bits and took the ticket. I read it and it seemed I had a ten minute waiting period for boarding on the train. So I went to a bench and sat there but to avoid the horrible thoughts of Draca's end, I thought of the colt she always liked, and Draca always teased her about. I close my eyes and I see a dark navel blue colt with a blue and black mane and tail, his leathery wings wrapped around me and his muzzle next to mine. In my mind I was about to kiss him when a whistle awoke me from my daydream.

I looked at the train and then at my ticket, "Twenty-Ten". This was my train and I trotted onto it. It was twenty minutes before I left the station. During that time, I wrote down information of when I would be back. Spell checking my letter I sent it to Draca, hopefully this won't cause her any trouble.

Draca's POV

It has been a few minutes since Angel left, I hope she has a good time and haves fun on the trip, and Mama had just took me inside of her and Papa's house. It still looked the same: Same old fire place that I remember falling asleep in front of, Same plush sofa and chair that Angel would read to me in, and the same old rug that cause Mama to have black mail pictures of the two of us. I took a deep breath and smelt the same old scent. "It's good to be home." I said as all the past memories came to me and all the ups and downs that followed them.

While I was caught up in nostalgia Mama went into the kitchen, I know this because her voice came from there. I turn and thought to myself, "I can always come back." I sighed and ran into the kitchen, hey when your legs are shorter then your arms you tend to run instead of walk. When I got there I saw that she was chopping up vegetables and putting them into a pot. I looked at her and asked what did she need?

"Nothing I just wanted to tell you that you needed to wash up for dinner." She replied as she starts to stir the stew.

I nodded and headed towards the bathroom and after climbing the stairs, why nopony thought of putting one on the bottom floor is beyond me. I entered the room to see the same setup as Angel's and my house. I was washing my hands and under my claws when I heard the front door open and close. I didn't know if it was papa or not but I still dried my hands and ran to the stairs. Once I had a clear view of the door I saw a the white stallion with a light brown mane and tail and a gavel on his flank. I knew only one pony that could be and I took the stairs two at a time and then I dived bombed him yelling with glee, "Papa!"

He turned just in time to see land on his back and had the look of "Oh No!", when I was younger I would always do this when they watched me. I just laid on his back and remembered all the good times we had together; the time he taught me how to fish, when he made me a leather backpack for my items I would bring over, and the time he took me gem hunting.

He must have seen the look on my face and that I was reliving past memories with him. Since I got old enough to take care of myself I saw less and less of my mama and papa. He just trotted into the kitchen and kissed mama. I stayed like this until dinner was ready.

I had a displeased look on my face but when the stew was put in front of me and that was all but forgotten. I was about to dig in to the stew when I felt some thing like a burp and my fire coming up from my throat. I hopped up and ran to the front door. When I got there my normally silver and gray face had turned beet red and swelled up like a squirrel's when it stores it's nuts. I made it to the front door and opened it. I sent a pillar of blue fire above the walk way and when it was over I saw a scroll laying on the ground. Angel really needs to use that more often that was bigger than the last one, I thought of myself as I picked up the scroll.

"What was all that about? Was it the stew. Because I can make something else for you." Mama said as she started to levitate the stew but I shook my head and held up the scroll.

"How did you get that?" Papa asked with a raised an eyebrow.

I went to how after Angel started her higher magic I started having to send her work in less as she learned to do it her self and since I don't use it much it increases even if I just get one thing. They looked surprised but nodded all the same.

"So what does it say?" Mama asked putting the stew down.

I read it off and I deadpanned at the end. Two weeks, I have two whole weeks with Mama and Papa but that is two weeks without Angel. Oh fate you are a double edge blade, I thought as I heard mama call me.

"Draca are you okay?"

I just thought of it and smiled, I'm been given a chance to spend so time with my Mama and Papa, since I read that dragons live a long time I'm going to us it to my advantage.

"I'm fine." I said with a smile and returned to my seat and started eating my stew.

Third person POV

Angel had a lovely dinner on the train and Draca enjoyed her time with Angel's parents. As night fell on both of them they dreamed of each other, but one of them began to have another nightmare of the other dying in their hooves. While Angel is having the nightmare, Draca started to toss and turn as if something was on her back. Little did she know she was changing from a baby dragon into a young dragon.

The two weeks passed quickly for Draca and over that time she grew to Angel's height. During this time she spent most of it with Angel's mother, since Angel's father worked for the justice department as a judge. When Angel's father had time off he went fishing with her and gem hunting. Almost every day Draca would receive a letter from Angel until one day when the letters stopped. Draca was worried about this but she couldn't do anything but wait.

Another week passed and Draca grew another foot and it was getting hard for her to get out of the house. Finally Angel's parents had to kick her out of their house, not out of spite but because they might cause them to lose their house.

Draca had tears in her eyes as she moved out of the house for one last time. Angel's parents tried to sooth her but it only helped a little. Without a home to return to Draca did something that she should have done a week ago and that was go and look for Angel. One problem, her wings were underdeveloped, but she knows of one person who might help her.

Draca ran as fast as her, now longer, legs could carry her. She was out of breath as she treked to a cloud house; it was gray but silver outlined. Draca tried to flip her wings, and got lift, but she just couldn't get up high enough. So did the next best thing, a signal fire. She took a deep breath and a pillar of blue fire shot through the cloud.

[inside the cloud house minutes before]

A dark navel blue colt with a blue and black mane and tail, leathery bat wings, and three circles in the form a triangle on his flank was laying on a coach thinking of a certain a pearl coated mare with minty blue mane and tail.

"My kind and beautiful Angel, where are you?" The colt asked himself when a pillar of blue fire caused him to have a hole in his floor and a hole in his ceiling.

The colt looked down and saw Draca standing with a worried look, she did just cause damage to somepony's home.

"What the hay is wrong with you, you could have fried me!" the colt said with an angry look on his face.

"Sorry Leather Wing, but I need your help." Draca said apologetically.

Leather looked at Draca in surprise, since he wasn't called anything other then freak. Then he did a double take and remembered how when he was with Angel she talked about her dragon and how she loved her. He then spoke again only with a little bit softer voice.

"Your Angel's dragon?"

Draca nodded and waited as Leather flew down and saw that she was a head or two higher than he was. He then did another double take. Leather then started to laugh at some unknown joke. Draca looked at the colt with a confused look.

"You can't be Angel's little dragon, probably can't even fit on her back." Leather said in between laughs.

Draca was rather miffed at this and proceed to jump, flap her wings to slow her down, and landed on Leather's back. It was safe to say Leather was not happy but he brought it on himself.

"Fine I believe you, now get off." he said as started to buckle under the weight of the dragon on his back.

"Sorry but you brought that on your self." Draca said with a smile then her smile turned into a scowl. "Now the reason I'm here is because a week ago Angle stopped sending letters to me while she was at The Lake of the Woods."

"The first week was about how much fun she and her friend, Magic, were having. She went on walks into the forest around the town and looked at the tree farming that they do up there. Then three days before she was so post to come home she wrote that a stallion in a cloak with an eye patch started to follow them from place to place." Draca was about to continue when Leather interrupted.

"Why didn't she just zap him with so magic? She is pretty tough."

Draca nodded and thought the same thing, but she remembered that Angel once said if I always relied on my magic then I would be weaker then if I just relied on my hooves.

"I don't know but she always preferred a straight up fight over using her magic." Draca replied.

Leather just faced hoofed and shook his head. "Well buck, that girl has such a hard head."

"and yet your madly in love with her." Draca said with a playful smile causing Leather to blush.

"Come on we need to get to the train station and get on a train heading to The Lake of the Woods." Leather said while he used his wings to hide the blush on his face.

"Sorry to disappoint you but the ponies over there have already told me that I can't fit in the passenger cars and I don't want to travel in a cargo car." Draca said wearing a scowl again.

"So how do we get there?" Leather asked not liking the look he was getting from Draca.

"We fly there or rather I fly as far as I can then you carry me with my wings adding some lift." Draca answered.

Leather sweat drop and fell down with the look of disbelief on his face.

"Oh come on I'm not that heavy and if we don't get moving then you going to have to carry a heavier dragon." Draca said with some blue flames coming out of her mouth.

Leather got up and got off the ground, Draca then grabbed his forelegs. Draca told him that the town was in the wooded area to the northeast of Canterlot. It took three days for the pair to get to the town, due to Leather stopping for rest and Draca getting hungry along the way, when they walked in to the town most of the ponies just ignore them. Some where friendly and helpful, one even pointed to Magic's house. The pair thanked the pony and headed to a small shack that has seen better days. When Draca knocked on the door it fell off.

"You need to learn how to control that strength of yours." Leather said as a black unicorn colt with a white mane came to the open door way shaking.

"Who are you people? Please tell me that your not with Hoodwink, please!" Magic said as if death was on his door step.

"We don't even know who you're talking about, we are just looking for a mare by the name of Angel's Grace." Leather replied to Magic.

"Then you're to late she might be..." Magic started but then he flew back into a wall with Draca grabbing the fur on his chest and crying.

"Don't you bucking dare finish that sentence, she is alive and until I see proof otherwise she still is!" Draca said crying her blue eyes out.

Leather just looked at Draca, a powerful creature that just broke down and cried like a foal. Leather walked in and put a hoof on Draca's back.

"It will be alright we well find her." Leather said in a soft voice and then turned to Magic. "You were the last one to see her so you must know where this Hoodwink took her."

Magic nodded and asked if Draca could release him, she does, and he leads them to a shady area where a cabin that looked like it was about to collapse. Magic was shaking worst than when Draca grabbed him, and with good reason, in front of the cabin was a pair of earth ponies that were a head taller then Leather but shorter than Draca.

Draca wanted to run in there and tear the one who dared harm her Angel, but Leather kept her in line.

"If there are guards here then they may have her in there and hurt her more before we can save her." Leather said in a hushed voice.

As the trio started to leave a charcoal black unicorn stallion with an eye patch, blood red mane and tail, and a single deep purple almost black eye looking at the group. Magic was now hiding behind Draca like a foal hiding behind it's mother.

"Well what do we have here." He said trotting up to the group and started to circle them, like a hunter about to go in for the kill, "A freak, a chicken, and an overgrown lizard."

He kicked dirt in each of them in turn and at was ticking Draca off. When the stallion turned his back on her she lunged at him with her claws drawn like knife blades. The stallion just in time to see that he was had made a big mistake. Draca held him to the ground with the intent to kill him but kept a level head for the most part.

"You done goofed dude, hasn't anypony told you that you don't tick of a dragon." Leather said walking over to Draca and the stallion.

The one eyed stallion just laughed at this, the laugh was one of insanity, "She was right, that hussy was right when she said her dragon would come for her." He said still laughing. "Oh she held out the longest of the mares that I had my "fun" with couldn't even touch her for a week. She kept trying to stop me and then she used up all of her magic. I finally had my fun and then I threw her out into the woods to die."

Draca lost it and started to claw at the stallion and left shallow cuts as he coated himself in magic. Leather saw this and just kicked the stallion in the head. It was enough for the stallion to be K.O.ed and then Leather got Draca off of the stallion.

"Draca snap out of it we have our chance to save Angel if we hurry." Leather said as he tried to get her to focus on the fact that Angle was justed dumped alive. Just then a howl like a timber wolf was heard. Draca got the message and ran into the woods with Leather and Magic in tow, the latter just happy to get away from the psycho. There they saw a pack of wolves, not timber wolves but gray wolves, surrounding a crimson and white lump on the ground. Draca ran into the middle of the pack. A sandy brown wolf seemed to stay away from the pack like it realized that this was not food but someone's loved one. The others of the pack just saw this as more food. Draca had held in her fire; all the pain, loss, and sadness was put into this and released in a large plum of blue fire.

This cause the wolves to run but the sandy brown one stay and looked at the dragoness for a moment and smiled with a tear in it's eye.

Draca collapsed near her beloved sister and started to cry; Angel's normally bright pearl white was painted dark crimson from all the bloody cuts,some where deep and others where shallow, all over Angel's body . All Draca felt was numbness. Then she her a voice that she missed so much.

"Hey D. what took you so long." it said in a happy tone.