• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 191 Views, 6 Comments

Critical Hit: Ponyville P.I. - Starshade



Meet Critical Hit, the newest private investigator of Ponyville.

  • ...
 6
 191

Chapter 1

There I was, sitting in my new office at the end of the day. I took a look around, silently congratulating myself. I had worked long and hard to get to that day, but it was all worth it.

I hardly even noticed when the door opened. When I did notice, my attention was drawn more towards the door than to the visitor. I couldn't help but smile inwardly at the words inscribed on the door: "Critical Hit, Private Investigator."

I turned my attention to the figure who had come in. I was instantly almost blinded with color; the mare's pink mane and coat contrasted hugely with the somewhat drab interior of my office. She stood in the doorway for a moment longer, then came bouncing towards my desk, giggling.

"Hi, Crit!" Pinkie Pie called. "I just heard that you got the detective job that you've been wanting ever since you were just a teenie little colt, and that you got that office you've been wanting for like forever, and I decided to come over here to congratulate you!" She panted for a moment, out of breath, and looked around. "Hey," she started, noticing my choice of decor. "Why'd you paint everything grey?"

I couldn't stop myself from smiling at the party pony's antics. I straightened my posture and adjusted my hat before responding. "Hello, Pinkie. Thanks for stopping by; it means a lot to me. And as for the grey... well, I was just trying to get into the spirit of things. You know, make everything like a real detective's office."

Pinkie Pie was silent for a moment, then burst out into another fit of laughter. "Oh, silly Crit, you've been watching too many of those old movies!" she said. "Everything isn't actually supposed to be black and white!" By then she was rolling around on my area rug, getting grey powder all over her coat.

"Oh," I responded, slightly embarrassed. I paused for a moment to gather my thoughts before continuing. "In that case, would you happen to know a good way to get twelve pounds of chalk dust out of somepony's mane?"