• Published 26th Apr 2012
  • 3,017 Views, 42 Comments

Immortal - iloveyouderpy



10,000 years into the future Equestria is nothing but a deserted wasteland

  • ...
6
 42
 3,017

Immortal

It was all gone. Ponyville, Cloudsdale, Fillydelphia, Manehatten...Canterlot, all destroyed nearly over night during the war between Equestria and the Changelings. There was no winner, everything died. The only known survivor was Princess Celestia. It's been over ten thousand years since the changelings made their first appearance in Canterlot and they made their last appearance only a year ago.

Princess Celestia, looking no older than she did ten thousand years ago, was walking through the streets of what used to be Canterlot. The skies were clouded by dust and all the white buildings that used to stand with such beauty and structure were now piles of rubble. Celestia was able to make out the area she walked. She recognized the old coffee house where she would take Twilight every Sunday morning when she was just a filly. She would always get a hot chocolate. Celestia smiled for a second as she remembered that one time Twilight got whip cream on her nose and she tried to lick it off.

Celestia walked past the coffee shop and turned right onto what used to be Dodge Street. Only one building stood with little damage to it. This was the first time Celestia noticed it. She slowly walked towards the standing structure. It had light tan walks and a gold door. It was a familiar building. Celestia remembered being in there, but only once before. It was Twilight's parents house, or at least it was her parents house till they died. After they died Shining Armor and Princess Cadance moved in. The one time Celestia's been in there was when Twilight's parents invited here over for dinner to discuss Twilight's outstanding grades. It was nice. They were good ponies. They treated her as an equal and not as a royal princess.

She went inside the home. There was lovely little living room which was only slightly familiar. There was broken glass on the ground and broken picture frames, which were flipped over. Celestia picked up one of the more intact picture frames and looked at a picture of the entire family. Twilight was only a filly and there was no cutie mark on her flank. Twilight's brother, Shining Armor, looked quite young, maybe in his late teens. The family looked so happy together. They all had real smiles on their faces, not the ones during a forced picture. They were really happy. A tear ran down Celestia's face. She put the picture gently back on the ground, flipped over, unable to gaze upon it anymore. She missed them all so much.

Celestia went up stairs and into Twilight's room. She had never been in there before but it was exactly how she imagined it. Books were scattered all over the floor, Celestia guessed the war didn't do this and that it had always been like this. The starry wallpaper was pealing, the bed in the back of the room was unmade and the sheets from the bed were laid out across the bedroom floor. Celestia's heart ached, her stomach turned, she was so depressed she felt sick. She quickly made her way out of the house and back into the ruined streets of Canterlot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the war between Equestria and the changelings the changelings invaded Cloudsdale one night. Princess Luna was sent with an army of pegasi soldiers over to defend Cloudsdale but she never returned. It wasn't long after the entire city came crashing down to the ground. It wasn't long after the destruction of Cloudsdale till the Changelings attacked Canterlot. Canterlot was weak, most of its soldiers were out trying to win back some of the other cities and towns.

The city was in a panic. Ponies ran out in the streets in fear being killed off by the Changelings. Celestia stood in the throne room looking down through a window at the terror and violence being unleashed onto the city. Celestia knew what to do, but the solution would be the final solution. A tear fell from her eyes and onto the floor as her horn lit up and let out and incredible force which destroyed and killed everything in Equestria. Nothing other than a alicorn could have survived it. She finished the war and now she was alone. Her sister was probably dead and Princess Cadance was killed during the take over of Canterlot. No pony to talk to or to simply be with. She was on her own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long time of just walking Celestia found herself out of the city. The street led down a hill and vanished into a large field. On the east side of the field there was a large lake. In the field were hundred of white marble tombstones. In the center of this grave yard were six statues of ponies. Each one of the statues was different and on the base of which the stone ponies stood was writing. Princess Celestia approached the one in the center. The statue was of a unicorn with a long straighten mane. On the base of the statue was a star surround by a few other stars and below it read, "Twilight Sparkle a faithful student, sister, and friend" And below all that was the date of her birth and of her death.

Celestia's stomach started to knot up and her throat tightened. Her legs gave out and she fell to the grassy ground if front of the statue and began to cry. She was alone in the world. For a moment she wished for death, she couldn't stand living alone. No family, no friends, no pony.

A hoof was placed on her shoulder. She turned around and gazed at the face of her sister. Her blue eyes looked like they had been tearing up. Celestia was in shock. She was at a lost for words. Celestia jumped up from the ground and wrapped both her forelegs around Luna and held her tight. Princess Luna hugged back. Celestia shed another set of tears and then whispered in an emotional tone, "I've missed you."