• Published 8th May 2012
  • 724 Views, 6 Comments

Magic Trix - Pinkamena666



Trixie tells a little tale.

  • ...
 6
 724

Friends No More

Trixie set her glass down and sighed.

"And this is where things start to go downhill." she said.


I was walking down the streets, feeling good about myself. I now had the confidence I never thought I had. Just then a filly came running up to me.

"Trixie." he said, catching up to me. "Can you help me with a magic trick?"

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"A magic trick. I saw you at the talent show and figured I'd give it a shot. I'm just having trouble."

"Aw, well..." I said. "Magic's not for everypony. What can the Great Trixie do for you?"

He described the magic trick and I gave him some tips on what to do. About two or three more fillies came up to me, asking me about magic. All this attention... it felt good. I got home around nine at night. My parents were waiting for me.

"Where have you been?" my father asked, scolding. "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

I narrowed my eyes and walked passed him.

"The Great Trixie is going to bed." I said. "Don't bother her."

My parents watched in shock as I went upstairs to my room. I was now popular. And popular ponies listen to nopony. There was a knock on the door.

"What's going on, honey?" my mom asked.

"The Great Trixie said that she did not want to be disturbed."

"Are you okay?"

I sighed. "I'm fine, mom." I said with an annoyed tone. "Just let me sleep."

The next day I went over to Butters' house. She was, once again, in her yard. We were planning on seeing a movie.

"The Great Trixie is here." I announced.

"Hey, Trixie." she said.

I walked up to her. "Whatcha up to?"

"Just smelling the flowers. You?"

"Trixie was just about to go for a walk." I said. "Wanna come? We still have time before the movie."

"Sure." she said hesitantly as she followed my out of her yard. "Why are you speaking like that?"

"Like what?" I asked.

"You were speaking in the first-pony. Like you were still on stage."

I hesitated. "Trixie doesn't know what you're talking about."

"There." she said. "Right there. You did it again."

"Trixie... uh... I have no idea what you're talking about." I insisted.

"Are you serious or are you hiding?" she asked, not knowing if I actually didn't know what she was talking about.

"Trixie just likes speaking this way. Is that a problem?"

"Well... no, but..."

"Good. 'Cause Trixie's gonna keep doing it. It makes Trixie feel good."

"Is that the only thing that makes you feel good, Trix? Performing magic?"

"It's what Trixie was meant for, Butters."

A couple foals ran up to them.

"Can you do some more magic for us?" asked one of the foals.

"Sure, kid. Trixie would be glad to."

"What about the movie?" asked Butter Crisp.

"We still have time." I said, patting Butters on the head before leading the foals to my house.

I set up the table and the hat and grabbed my wand. Butters watched me with a disappointed look as I performed magic. I didn't care, though. I was having too much fun. A couple more foals made their way onto my lawn and watched. Butters let out a sigh, hung her head, and left.

"Intermission." I said.

I set down the wand and ran over to her.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"As if you don't know." she said coldly.

"What are you talking about?"

"You've changed, Trix. Friends always came first with you. But, now... all you care about is performing."

"I perform because others like it. And I'll keep doing it."

"Even if you lose your friends?" she asked.

I was shocked for a second but it was quickly replaced with anger.

"If Trixie's friends can't accept Trixie for who Trixie is..."

"Stop saying your name. Please?"

My eyes narrowed. "Then maybe Trixie doesn't need them."

Butters' mouth hung in shock as a tear fell from her eye.

"Fine." she said. "Have it your way. Just don't come crying to me when you're all alone."

She turned and walked away.

"I don't need you!" I shouted back. "I never did!"

Butters stopped walking and hesitated. She then ran away, crying. I turned around and headed back to my house.

"Show's over." I said as I passed the foals, grabbing my stuff as I did.

I headed inside and slammed the door shut.


A tear fell from Trixie's eye.

"Oh, Butters." she said softly. "I'm so sorry."