• Published 18th Jul 2017
  • 2,384 Views, 22 Comments

Polishing a diamond - RoyalUnicornJohn1994



DIamond is a spoiled child, and everypony knows it. However, a human arrives into her life, changing it forever.

  • ...
4
 22
 2,384

Prologue.

"Did you see those blank flanks faces? They had no price!" The pink filly said while trotting cheerfully toward her house. Her friend, a grey filly , just nodded while giggling along her friend.

These two ponies, under the names of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, were gossiping about their day, not to mention the fact that they were already planning their next move against their declared enemies: the cutie mark crusaders.

Diamond's home finally could be seen on the far side of Ponyville. She just squealed at the idea that soon she would be at her home, where she could control everything she desired: the maids, the servants, the butlers... everything.

"Let us go, Silvie! When we get home, we can-"

"I-I won't be able to go to your home today, Diamond."

Diamond turned around in shock at her friend's words, only to see her friend with a look of embarrassment. It could only mean one thing.

"What do you mean, Silvie?"

"My parents want to go in a vacation trip, a 'family trip'." Silver stated with an annoyed look.

Diamond knew it: it would be just another boring weekend without her best friend (not to mention the only one). Her ears flattened against her head while her head hung low.

"It's okay, Silvie. When you get back, we'll be able to spend some time together." Diamond said in a depressed tone.

The two friends kept walking the rest of the road in an uncomfortable silence. None of them said a thing, until they reached Silver's house. It was then when Silver finally spoke.

"I'm sorry, Diamond." Silver said before turning around, heading toward her house.

Diamond was left alone in the street, wondering what to do next.


The huge house of Mr. Rich was full with paintings, sculptures, libraries and such other things. Nothing too pleasing to fillies, as Diamond could verify. Looking at paintings during the whole day proved to be boring to death. The sculptures proved a similar point when Diamond didn't even find a particular shape on them. Last thing was the library. Filled with books of every kind, except the ones Diamond liked. She wanted a book with drawings, illustrations, something which helped her to visualize what she was reading. During months, her father tried to get her to read some of the books inside of it to no avail. Diamond would simply negate if the book was all words and not even a single image.

Giving up, she headed to the comfort of her room. That was the only place where she could find something to distract her. But on this particular day, not even her pony dolls could comfort her. She didn't like to be alone. She longed for a friend who could play with her, who could read with her, who could be with her.

But Silver was gone for an entire weekend. And she wouldn't even let anypony else to be with her if she didn't want.

Sighing, she made her way to the window, holding close her favorite doll: a pony princess who resembled much to her.

Once in the window, she put the doll at her side, while her chin rested between her forehooves. The sight behind the window wasn't of much comfort, either, for she immediately spotted several animals on the ground. Not that she cared about them, but it was uncomfortable to her the sight of lovely couples of them running all over her backyard.

It looked like every single animal had a friend to play with. Diamond turned around and spoke to her doll.

"Looks like it's only the two of us, Princess Diamond." She said in a depressed tone, eyeing her doll intently, hoping that it would give her an answer.

Nothing.

Diamond almost felt like crying, when suddenly something outside caught her attention. All the animals were running away in the same direction, seemingly scared for something.

Without a moment to lose, she took "princess Diamond" and ran downstairs, foalish curiosity filling her. Finally getting to the yard, she tried to see something between the shadows of the small forest her father kept in there, supposedly for her to play. Suddenly, a tall shadow caught her attention, which in the instant she focused on it, hid behind a bush. She started to inch closer, until she could clearly see the figure of the shadow behind the bush.

"Is anypony there? Answer now, or I'll tell my father that-"

"You can talk?" The tall figure asked to her, causing Diamond to huff in annoyance.

"Well, of course I can talk. I'm a pony!" Diamond assured with her typical demeanor.

"That's the why I'm saying it."

Diamond tried to focus on the figure as she wondered what it meant. Was it some kind of retard? Why wouldn't it know other ponies could speak?

"From where I come from, ponies don't talk. They just do these... horse noises?"

"What do you mean by that!? You're not a pony? You can talk like me!"

"That's the why I'm confused. I'm not a pony. I'm a..."

"A... what?"

"... A human."

"What's a human? Let me see you!" Diamond demanded as she inched closer, trying to look as menacing as she could. Everything was under her control, after all. Suddenly, the figure took a step back, trying to cover itself with the bush.

"... I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because... I need clothes. I'm totally exposed."

Diamond's cheeks became red, as she wanted to see what it was talking about.

"B-But you have fur... you're not naked, are you?" Diamond asked, still a little nervous at the mention of something exposed. To her surprise, something peeked from the bush, revealing something strange, resembling to that dragon's "Spike's" claws. However, she also noted the lack of fur that the arm seemed to have. Its skin seemed only covered by few hairs on it, but for the most, the skin of the creature was completely bare.

"Now you see?" The figure said before retracting its arm into the bush. "Now, I need something large to cover me. I don't want to be naked all day."

However, the figure could only watch in surprise as the foal ran toward the house in a hurry, yelling to her father. That could only mean trouble.


Mr. Rich's gaze remained focused on the paperwork in front of him. It was a rather tall tower of paper the one which laid in front of him. He had been working on it for hours, and it still was a lot left. With a huff, he resumed his work. That was until the door of his office was thrown open, revealing his daughter, who had a panicked expression.

"Daddy, daddy! There's something outside!" The filly said, entering to her father's office. Her father, Mr. Rich turned shocked to her.

"What is it Diamond?"

"There's something outside! I don't know what it is, but it's unnatural!"

"Unnatural?"

"Yes! I was playing with my dolls and-"

"Oh, right. So it's something that you saw while you were playing?" Mr. Rich asked with a mocking tone, causing his daughter to give him a look of disapproval.

"It wasn't thing of games! There's really something outside!"

"Diamond, look. There's nothing out there. There are ponies everywhere. There's no way a monster could get in."

"But-"

"Diamond... it's okay. Relax. There's nothing out there." Her father tried to assure her, but she didn't believe in him at all. However, her father seemed confident on his answer. "Now, go out and play, I need to go back to my job." He turned around and continued reading all the paperwork stacked on his office. Diamond turned with her head low, trying to hold back tears.

"Of course... always with your job."


Many hours later, Diamond still was sitting on her room, watching through the window toward the small patch of forest in the yard. Now she was afraid to get out, due to that thing on the forest. What if it tried to foalnap her? What then? Would it eat her?

Thoughts filled her mind as she contemplated the outside. Suddenly, she caught sight of the creature's silhouette. The wind blew strongly through the trees, causing the creature to start shaking. The weather seemed to change, becoming slightly colder.

"Yes! If it dies, then I can show him to daddy, and then he will believe me!" She thought to herself.

Turning toward her window once more, she saw once more the creature, but something seemed wrong to her. Was it the grass? Maybe
the water near of the lake? Maybe the shaking creature?

Diamond suddenly thought about it, discovering something disturbing to her: she didn't want it to die... Maybe... Maybe if it was alive, it could be more convincing for her father?

Yes, that was the main reason for the blanket she was bringing with her...

Right?


The creature was shaking in cold, trying to get warmer. However, naked and in the outside, there was nothing it could do. It started to prepare for a very long night.

Suddenly, a voice was heard near.

"Hello!? Are you in there, you... you... whatever you are!?"

It soon recognized that voice. Getting on its feet, the creature peeked from the bush it was hiding in. The pony seemed to notice it. Suddenly, the pony threw a blanket toward the bush. Slowly, the creature analyzed the blanket. Obviously, it was far too small to cover him completely, but it would do for now. Suddenly, he turned to see the pony leaving. Covering himself with the blanket, he dared to take a step out.

"Hey!" The pony turned her head, looking at him. "... Thanks."

Finally, Diamond could see the creature completely. It was taller than her, maybe even taller than her father... In a closer note, she wasn't a good calculator, but the thing was as tall as Celestia! She instantly got afraid of it and ran inside.

Maybe it would look a lot less intimidating in the morning!