• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 717 Views, 3 Comments

ACSI: Animal Crime Scene Investigation - Kwong384



Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash solve a serious mystery

  • ...
 3
 717

Prologue

“I’m Agent Applejack, this is Agent Dash” An orange Earth Pony introduced herself

“Good morning Agents. Right this way please” A light brown Pegasus replied.

The three ponies stepped under a roll of yellow police tape and walked into the scene. Rainbow Dash looked around, surveying the forest area. It did not look good. A few junior agents were carrying out routine field work, looking for evidence. Traces of blood, a few sets of footprints, and the occasional cigarette bud could be seen. However, the thing that drew her attention was something which looked incredibly out of place in the clearing. It was a refrigerator. There was a horrible smell coming from it. She was about to take a closer look, but realised that the brown Pegasus was speaking to Applejack. She listened in.

“A call came in about 9 this morning”

“Who made the call?” Applejack asked sharply

“Some jogger. Said he was training for the running of the leaves, saw the refrigerator, came closer but noticed the stench”. The brown Pegasus wrinkled his nose.

“Did he open it?” Applejack asked, taking everything down in her notebook.

“We asked him that. He got very agitated. Said something like ‘You think I’m stupid huh? You think I don’t watch CSI? Of course I didn’t open it’”

“Smart fellow.” Rainbow commented.

The three ponies walked over to the fridge and inspected it.

“LG. Nice brand.” Rainbow Dash muttered. Applejack looked at her and was shocked to see that she was deep in thought. Applejack wondered where Rainbow Dash was going with this information, because she couldn’t see any significance.

“My fridge has been giving me problems lately. I should switch fridges.” Rainbow Dash said after a few moments. Applejack glanced at her again and noticed that Rainbow Dash was still in deep thought, concentrating very hard on something. She placed a hoof on her friend’s shoulder.

“Rainbow Dash? Are you ok? Why are you switching fridges?” She asked.

Rainbow Dash turned to her, her expression deadly serious. With a slight pause, she replied.

“Because I want my life to be good.”

The scene went completely silent. A few moments passed, and then Applejack’s jaw dropped at the joke. She shoved Rainbow Dash, who fell over onto the ground laughing like a maniac. The mood went back to normal and the junior agents started talking again, some grimacing at her joke while others smiled.

“Anyway… shall we open the fridge?” she asked once Rainbow was back to her feet.

“Why me?” Rainbow asked, shooting a look at the Brown Pegasus agent. He coughed and looked at Applejack, who just stared back at him.

“Fine, I’ll do it” he said.

With a quick motion, he grabbed the handle and opened it a peek. The smell instantly became much stronger. The Pegasus slammed the door shut but it was too late. All the nearby agents started to choke, while the brown Pegasus had to fly off to a nearby tree to throw up. With slightly nervous expressions, Applejack and Rainbow Dash stared at each other until…

“Forget it.” Rainbow growled, grabbed the handle and opened it fully. Every living thing in the area was instantly assaulted by the worst stench they had ever smelled. Worse, the sight of what was in the fridge nearly made the two need to throw up as well. Stuffed inside the fridge was the dead body of a giraffe. The cold had stopped the decomposition, but the body had been sliced into three pieces so that it could fit inside the fridge.

Applejack and Rainbow stepped away from the fridge, their faces frozen in horror. After a while, Rainbow Dash cleared her throat. Applejack turned to her and listened.

“Looks like his life…” Rainbow Dash began.

“Ain’t so good.”



Cue the A:CSI intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-HAfUMqSE