• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 1,869 Views, 211 Comments

The Siren Song: A Siren's Fight - Shadowmane PX-41



The Dazzlings have finally seen just how malefic their brothers have truly become. Now it's up to them and The Rainbooms to save the three worlds from their insidious ways. Will the Magic of Friendship prevail in the conclusion of The Siren Song?

  • ...
4
 211
 1,869

The Broken Rainbooms

Two Years Later...


The Rainbooms watched as Adagio, Aria and Sonata had finished up another batch of Euphorians and Dystopians. However, they could clearly see that things weren't over yet, as another being erupted from a horde of red lights.

The new being that descended onto the field was made entirely of water, meaning that it could shapeshift itself into multiple different forms. However, it merely did a pacing stride as its' legs became slender, enabling it to stretch quite far. Once it was done taunting, it took the shape of all three of The Dazzlings and raised its' water swords.

Stockpiler of Sorrow

SELF-PITY

"Well now..." Adagio admired the new Dystopian's ability to shapeshift. "This one might actually be a challenge..."

Within seconds, The Dazzlings were fighting against the Self-Pity, trying to hit three little orbs in the center of the ever-transforming water. However, since the water was all one sentient being, it was near impossible for The Dazzlings to hit the orbs as the water kept on swirling all around them.

It was actually proving quite difficult for The Dazzlings at first, since the creature could avoid every single sword swing that had been hurled its' way. However, The Dazzlings saw through the creature's beguiling attack and evasion patterns, and took advantage of where it would land instead of where it already was.

Planning their attacks in advance, The Dazzlings pushed their swords straight through the veil of water, impaling the orb in the centre of all three of their watery doppelgangers. They destroyed the orbs they had impaled, causing the watery beings to dissipate at a rather fast pace.

"You know, sometimes, I wonder why these things even exist with us hanging around..." Adagio said, relishing in her victory as the fighting had finally stopped, revealing a rather tranquil world around them.

"WELL, THEY ARE THE EMBODIMENTS OF OUR WORLD, AFTER ALL..." Allure's voice suddenly pierced the sound barrier, getting all ten of the girls to frantically look around for the source of the voice. "THE CREATURES THAT YOU ALL FIGHT ARE THE EMBODIMENTS OF ALL THE DIFFERENT PIECES OF HAPPINESS AND HATRED. BEINGS THAT CAN ULTIMATELY BE USED AS A WAY OF DRAWING THE PRINCIPAL EMOTIONS OUT FOR MY LOYAL SUBJECTS TO HARVEST..."

"Girls! Look in the sky!" Sunset pointed towards the sky, seeing something otherworldly take place shortly after that...

Within seconds, two giant translucent eyes were seen watching over the ten girls with a rather serious demeanour. The two eyes glowed bright as additional suns as their light quickly spotlighted The Rainbooms and The Dazzlings.

"Who are you?! Explain yourself!" Twilight said, angrily addressing the two skyward eyes with a rather furious demeanour on her face. "Under the laws of Equestria, I, Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship, demand to know what you are, and what you are planning!"

"SO... YOU ARE THE FABLED PRINCESS TWILIGHT AND THE RAINBOOMS..." Allure's eyes spoke to the seven girls with a rather spiteful tone in his voice. "YOU SEVEN HAVE MANY CRIMES TO ATONE FOR, MUCH LIKE THE DAZZLINGS HERE..."

"Crimes?" Fluttershy asked, nervously peeking out of Sunset's back at the two giant eyes. "W-What have we done that you thought wrong?"

"YOU SEVEN ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISHOUNOURING OF THE RIGHT SOULS OF FURY, THE DAZZLINGS," Allure's eyes continued to speak. "DESPITE THEM BEING CORRUPTED WITH DARK MAGIC, YOU JUST LEFT THEM TO DIE, WEAK AND HELPLESS..."

"Your Right Souls of Fury nearly caused another war! Is this what the almighty King Allure himself would have wanted?!" Rainbow Dash shouted at the eyes, getting them to vanish rather slowly. "Yeah, that's right! Run! Run away and never show your stupid face in this miserable world again!"

"Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire, huh?" Orchestral appeared as the eyes suddenly vanished. "You girls have got a lot of nerve, rising up against the almighty King Allure himself."

"King Allure?" Rarity parroted.

"The two eyes that you just shouted at, that's our KING. Be sure to remember that," Orchestral said, then waved his finger rhythmically so that he could get the point across. "King A-L-L, U-R-E."

"Gee, thanks for the spellcheck, jerk." Rainbow Dash deadpanned as she showed a rather disdainful look towards Orchestral Chill.

"Listen, ladies. You don't know how much trouble you've gotten yourself into, huh?" Orchestral said, teleporting behind the girls and resting his hands on their shoulders, getting them to jump in surprise. "Anyone who insults the almighty King Allure will become assaulted endlessly, until their frail and lifeless bodies end up falling into Dystopia, or rising into Euphoria."

"What do you mean by that?" Adagio asked as Orchestral returned to his initial position with the blink of an eye.

"It means that your human girls will see no end to the endless assault. King Allure will send every force from Euphoria and Dystopia straight at The Rainbooms," Orchestral said, making gloating gestures as he circled The Rainbooms. "Then, when they finally fall to their knees, they will either be served to the almighty Jehovah up in Euphoria, or the Three Queens of Dystopia; Greed, Persuasion and Malice..."

"Eventually, you seven girls will be at your limit, and the Magic of Friendship's power will expire. And when it does..." Orchestral merely sniggered as he once more returned to his initial position. "Well, we'll just let your whole entire lives decide that..."

"Our whole... entire... lives?" Twilight looked rather lost for words at that moment in time. She was completely unaware that there would be a certain judgement that measured the entire lives of her and all of the other girls.

"Orchestral!" Allegro suddenly appeared in front of The Rainbooms, and looked at Orchestral with a rather unamused look on his face.

"Uh-oh!" Orchestral suddenly noticed what was going on, and disappeared for Lyrica by opening up a portal behind him and throwing himself through it.

The Rainbooms were about to follow Orchestral to Lyrica, but were stopped by Allegro's sword.

"We'll ensure that he falls back into line with the other Blasters..." he said, calming the other girls down as the portal to Lyrica suddenly vanished.

"Allegro Maelstrom, my brother..." Aria said, locking gazes with that of her Lyrican brother. "Why do you three still haunt The Rainbooms? Haven't they already suffered enough?"

"The Rainbooms are a danger not only to us, but to the very resurrection that ensures our species' survival. Or did you forget that, little sister?" Allegro responded to Aria's statement, immediately getting her to hold her tongue in surprise. Seeing his sisters' silence, Allegro merely huffed and paced around the entire group slowly. "Your defeat showed us that these meddlesome Rainbooms should not even be allowed the rights to live and breathe. If these fools stand in the way of our resurrection, Fortissimo and I will gladly postpone it so that we may spill their blood, the one task you three infidels failed to do..."

"However, that is beyond my control," Allegro continued pacing around the girls. "Instead, I have come to offer Princess Twilight the opportunity of a lifetime..." he finished his pace and leaned in close to Twilight's face. "The chance to be reunited with some very close friends of hers..."

"My... friends?" Twilight was immediately beginning to shape the puzzle together in her mind.

"That's right, Princess. I am here to offer you the chance to return to your true friends. But first, I must see how much you truly want them over these impudent children you call 'Human World Friends...'

"What do you mean by that, Allegro?" Twilight looked rather worried by that statement as she slowly watched Allegro give her some breathing room.

"Your true friends are the ones who lived with you in Equestria, the very ones we swindled from you when you arrived in Lyrica..." Allegro said, making Twilight remember her pony friends. "Here is the one and ONLY opportunity that you'll get in reuniting yourself with the friends you hold dearer and closer to your heart than any others..." he said, watching Twilight immediately listen in on all of his words. "Now then... how much do you TRULY value your friends from Equestria, over your Human World friends?"

There was a long silence before Twilight slowly stepped forward, away from the whole group.

"Twilight?" Sunset asked, not seeing her friend even react to that statement.

Twilight Sparkle got down onto her knees, put her hands in a begging pose and looked up at Allegro with rather wide, pleading eyes. "Please... Give me my friends back..." she said, shedding a tear.

"My, my... You really ARE that desperate to see your friends," Allegro said, a smile growing on his face at long last. "Very well then, I shall give you your friends back, but at one rather large cost..."

"I'll do anything you ask of me, Allegro. ANYTHING to get my pony friends back..." Twilight said, not even moving from her begging stance as she looked at the smiling Lyrican.

"In order to return to your friends, you simply need to shed your past, and step forward into a brighter future. We'll give you a completely new body, and give your friends all the memories of you right back," Allegro said, showing spectral images of Twilight being reunited with the Siren 5, with all of them bearing rather pleased smiles. "By giving up this human body, you shall return to your friends, and it shall be as if you never experienced any heartbreak in the first place..."

"Twilight, no! You can't go through with this!" Sunset said, trying to snap Twilight out of the whole thing as she rushed over to her and put her hands on her shoulders.

"Which brings me to the next question I have to pose for you..." Allegro said, using his hand to push Sunset back with a harmless wave of energy. "Are these girls really your friends?"

"W-What do you even mean by that, Allegro?" Twilight asked as she looked at all of the other Rainbooms with a rather unbeknownst look on her face.

"Had it ever crossed your mind that these six girls are not really your true friends?" he said, putting a hand on Twilight's forehead to make her see the truth of what her friends were. She saw the Humane 5 turn into evil demons, and then watched as Sunset's whole demeanour changed into a rather insidious one. "After all, these five girls you ally yourselves with are nothing more than fakes. Imperfect replicas of the true Spirits of Harmony..." he then turned her gaze towards Sunset Shimmer. "And let's not forget the crimes that Miss Shimmer herself has posed. After all, she nearly sent your world cascading into turmoil with your own crown. In truth, she's still a she-demon deep down inside... Just like the rest of your fake friends..."

"You rotten son of a-" Rainbow Dash was cut off with a wave of Allegro's hand.

"Are you angry? Do you girls all hate me?" Allegro's Furen pendant glowed brighter than anything else in the current vicinity. "Then take that rage, and use it to feed the fires of your anger. Use it... to expose the Magic of Friendship once again!" Allegro then clicked his fingers, summoning even more Dystopian grunts, as well as a rather large commander with a humanoid-squid build.

"Cthulhu!?" Adagio looked at the giant squid monster with a look of fear as it turned the sky red as blood.

"Pitiful non-Lyricans, mindlessly letting their emotions dance freely... And yet... they know not the higher purpose their emotions are serving..." he started uttering a motivational speech, getting all of the girls to recoil in shock. "A human or pony's anger and happiness is released, when marked by Lyrican Sirens like us. Then, it is only a matter of time before they are relieved of the emotions that cloud their pure selves..."

"Peace and Anger gather together, bodiless and free, until they finally weave together to construct the Balance of Lyrica," Allegro looked up towards the red sky, seeing a rather distant planet suddenly appear in orbit. "And when the resurrection comes, we can truly, finally use this balance to conquer all the other species..."

"Sunset Shimmer... Rainbooms... Dazzlings..." Allegro's speech was coming to a close. "Everything that's happened to you, everything that's about to happen in this pathetic little world... it's all part of the plan," his look turned rather evil. "OUR PLAN, ladies. Not yours..."

The girls could only grit their teeth and make rather unamused huffs and snarls as they looked at the evil Lyrican.

"Now then, Twilight. Do you want your REAL friends back?" Allegro returned his attention to Twilight, who was still staring off into space with nothing other to think about.

"Rainbooms, Dazzlings... Please forgive me..." she responded to her friends, shedding a tear before returning her gaze to Allegro's. "I accept the deal, Allegro."

"NO!" the other girls all cried out and ran for her, but were intercepted and knocked back by the Dystopian reinforcements.

"Very well then, Twilight Sparkle. You shall have your friends back..." Allegro broke Twilight from her trance and swirled his hands all around in archaic patterns, summoning a large quantity of Lyrican energy as he did so. "Shed away your past life, and move forward into a brighter future..." he made claws out of his hands and pointed all the tips towards Twilight, levitating her in the air as blue and red lightning poured out from each finger. "Twilight Sparkle, I give you new life! AS A LYRICAN SIREN!"

"Twilight! No!" Sunset tried reaching out for Twilight, but the Dystopian reinforcements were pinning her down rather tightly.

Within seconds, all of Twilight's old memories were pulled from her body, and replaced with that of memories of a fake life of her being a Lyrican Siren. As the fake memories vanished and the new ones entered, Twilight sighed in content and let out a rather bittersweet smile as she did so. "At long last... I'll finally have my TRUE friends back..."

With a final explosion of red light, the transformation was complete, and all of the rest of The Rainbooms and The Dazzlings saw a rather horrific sight.

Twilight Sparkle was no longer in her regular get-up for the Human World. Instead, she was garbed in regal purple armour with her Cutie Mark emblazoned on the back of the steel armour. She was also carrying a rather regal sword with Furen crystals for the hilt, and with her Cutie Mark emblazoned in the centre of that crystalline hilt. Her hair and face still remained the same, but now, a red Furen pendant was draped around her neck.

"No..." Sunset looked at the Siren that was once the Twilight Sparkle of Equestria.

"Go, Twilight Sparkle..." Allegro opened up a Lyrican portal and motioned Twilight to walk through it with a swish of his arm. "Your friends are waiting..."

"Thank you, Allegro. Thank you for everything..." Twilight smiled as she walked through the portal and vanished completely.

"Rainbooms, Dazzlings. You just keep on fighting the forces of Lyrica and letting your emotions of peace and hate dance..." Allegro opened up another portal once the first one had vanished. "As long as you continue fighting, you shall continue to save us Lyrican Sirens..."

"YOU MEANIE!" Pinkie Pie broke free from her restrictions and ran after Allegro, only to barely miss him and the portal as they faded away into nothingness with no trace of them even being there at all.

Pinkie herself was then knocked back into the group by another Dystopian, and the whole group of nine girls found themselves surrounded. They'd lost Twilight to the Lyricans, seemed hopelessly outmatched with the number of Dystopians staring them in the faces, and now knew that everything they did would only strengthen The Blasters, and further their plans in reviving the Lyricans.


Maybe everything we fought for... Maybe we just ended up dooming the world by doing so...

What are we supposed to do if everything we do aids The Blasters?!

Oh, lighten up, will you? There's always something you ladies can do. Even if it makes no sense whatsoever.

Huh?

A bright flash of light engulfed The Rainbooms and The Dazzlings, taking them to a whole new world, far away from all the forces of Dystopia that were assaulting them...

Author's Note:

Night--Mist: Dat was a scawy chaptew...

PeanutButterBrony: Yeah! Fowget da equaw sign ponies fow Season 5, dis chaptew scawed me ta death...

Autumn Breeze: Poow Twiwight... I hope she gets saved in de end...

Luna: Yes. We all hope that Twilight gets saved in the end, (Levitates me up to her neck) don't we, Shadowmane?

Me: Y-Yes, Mama. I'ww make tings wight, I pwomise. But you'ww just hafta wait fow da moment. It's cawwed tension.

Celestia: Yes, Luna. Most great stories need to have some sense of tension. It gives you the thrill of wondering what'll happen next.

Luna: Y-Yes, sister. Forgive me for putting you at knife's edge, little one.

Me: No wowwies, Mama.

Lauren: Now then, I believe that you foals all need a bath...

All the foals: AAH! BATHTIME! (Start running)

Luna: *sigh* Here we go again...

Adagio: We'll get them back for you.

Luna: How?

Adagio: They just love our singing...