• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 1,869 Views, 211 Comments

The Siren Song: A Siren's Fight - Shadowmane PX-41



The Dazzlings have finally seen just how malefic their brothers have truly become. Now it's up to them and The Rainbooms to save the three worlds from their insidious ways. Will the Magic of Friendship prevail in the conclusion of The Siren Song?

  • ...
4
 211
 1,869

The Ultimate Amplifier

The Next Night...


"Wow, let me tell you something, everyone. These Rainbooms really are determined to make it to the Title Match!" Fortissimo said as he announced The Rainbooms being the winners of their latest round. "They've fought off against five other bands and won every single match!"

"But let's not forget that they've still got two more battles ahead of them," Allegro said once the crowd's cheers had once more subsided. "The last match-up in their section of the tournament tree against the Cubic Zirconquerors, and then the final duel between either The Dazzlings or The Laments the day after that!"

"And though Battletone might be wearing down to a close, don't forget that we've got a consolation party for all of the bands that were eliminated throughout the ordeal," Orchestral said, putting smiles on the faces of all of the bands that had already lost, including the one that had just lost to The Rainbooms.

"So for now, we advise all of the defeated bands to just eat, drink, and be merry so that they're not too disappointed so they can't enjoy the intense final battles that are about to take place," Fortissimo said, helping the defeated band off of the stage. "So, before we allow you all to sleep for the night, let's see the final four bands who made it this far!"

The Rainbooms, Cubic Zirconquerors, The Dazzlings and The Laments all took to the stage and waved for the crowds of people watching them. They all relished in the glory of their victories and progression in Battletone, then all looked at each of the remaining groups they would be battling the next day.

"Join us tomorrow, when Battletone enters the semi-finals, and we whittle these four valiant bands down into only two," Fortissimo spoke to the cameras that were pointed towards him. "Starting with The Rainbooms VS Cubic Zirconquerors, then The Dazzlings duking it out against The Laments. Don't miss it!"

"And we're clear!" one of the camera staff said, waving a sign of approval to The Blasters, getting them to break from their broadcasting fantasy and return to reality. "Good show tonight, Blasters. The views are gonna be through the roof."

"What can I say? We aim to please, after all..." Fortissimo smirked as he and the rest of The Blasters departed from the stage so that they could rest up for the upcoming battles.

When all of the bands had returned to their quarters for the night, the last ones to leave the area were The Dazzlings and The Rainbooms. They just made it inside and were now walking towards the elevator to make it to their own respective rooms. However, what they noticed before they arrived at the elevator was that three figures were hacking an electrical lock on a door that was previously invisible.

"Hey, that wasn't there before!" Rainbow Dash said, looking at the door with the electrical lock. Then she turned back to the girls and whispered, "And it looks like The Snapshots are trying to hack into it..."

"I thought they wouldn't be involved in our business anymore..." Adagio pondered as she correctly identified Photo Finish, Pixel Pizazz and Violet Blur, who were all about to break the final encryption on the door's lock and gain entry.

"Maybe something came up at the last minute..." Twilight said, looking at how determined The Snapshots were in trying to hack the door's lock and gain entry to the new and undiscovered area.

"What should we do, girls?" Rarity asked as they watched the door's lock deactivate and grant The Snapshots an entrance to the room that awaited beyond the door and its' lock.

"Though I think it'd be nice to get to bed and just forget this matter, I have a feeling that any of The Blasters' secrets could be crucial in their downfall..." Sunset said, watching The Snapshots hastily dash into the now opened door. "Let's follow them, but not directly interact with them. We don't want to startle them and mess up their business..."

"Are you sure about that, Sunset?" Fluttershy asked as the door was about to close. "We don't want anymore surprises before the final battle with Diamond, Silver and the rest of the Cubic Zirconquerors..."

"Even so, we can't pass up this chance! This could give us some insight on The Blasters' true motives..." Sunset said, dashing towards the door to hold it open for the rest of the girls. She was about to use her free hand to draw the rest of the girls towards her, before something shone in the corner of her eye, getting her to turn her attention to the room inside. "Uhh... Girls? You might want to take a good look at this..."

"What is it, Sunset?" Twilight asked, moving closer and closer to the now opened door. She was unaware on what had Sunset completely surprised, but she was now interested in seeing just what it was.

All of the girls got a good look at the room ahead of them, and almost instantly, all of their jaws dropped in both awe and horror.

"Sweet mother of..." Adagio said as she finally got a good view of the room that The Snapshots had infiltrated.

The room itself was made entirely out of chrome, just like the instruments and microphones that the bands used in Battletone. However, there were dozens and dozens of machines, all of them attached to one massive antenna-like device with what looked like a massive pillar finishing with a large crosshair. The other features of the large machine were a number of speakers and volume devices that had all been turned up to the loudest volumes applicable and that they all seemed to be controlled by another set of machines that were pumping out red and blue streams through fat tubes.

"Not since Cataclysm, The Exiled One have I seen such a monstrous weapon for the subjugation of an entire species..." Adagio said, lost for words as she gazed at the frightening machine that The Blasters had been working on in secrecy.

"What is this thing?" Twilight asked as her gaze never averted from the giant machine being powered by additional machines. "And why exactly is it underneath the roof of this building?"

"The Blasters must be saving this device for when they play in the Title Match," Aria said, examining the colossal piece of machinery in front of her. "It seems like some oversized musical amplifier, but it's being charged by Furen and Blissen energy..."

"What do ya think it is, Adagio?" Applejack asked as she turned towards Adagio in need of answers

"I think it's some kind of weapon of sorts, one with enough Furen and Blissen energy to rip open the fabric of reality and strike all the worlds in the trinity with one deafening burst of volume..." Adagio envisioned, already seeing how The Blasters would intend to use it to their advantages. "When they play in the Title Match, The Blasters will immediately activate this device before they sing, amplifying their voices to the loudest volumes imaginable, so that they can reach the ears of every human and pony across the entirety of the three worlds..."

"The Blasters intend on deafening the worlds with their song, putting everyone under their spell and making them their banquet of raw power..." Sonata said, finally grasping onto the train of thought that The Rainbooms, Aria and Adagio had. "But if they strike all of the worlds then... Sweet Allure..."

"What? What is it, Sonata?" Adagio asked, already seeing Sonata's expression shift from intrigue to fear.

"If The Blasters succeed with pulling this off, then all of the energy they amass will make them strong enough to re-shape all of existence to their desires. And that's already adding on to the godlike power they already harvested..." Sonata explained. "They'll become stronger than gods themselves, and will just be able to look at something to take its' power..."

"Then we should destroy this thing?" Rainbow Dash asked, smashing her hands together for emphasis as she glared at the giant amplifier with a burning passion to destroy it. "We don't want another Lyrican incident to get out of hand now, do we?"

"Try to destroy it all you want, Rainbooms, but this thing's made out of the hardest of all materials," Pixel said, immediately landing in front of the entire group to address them with a massive amount of severity in her words. "Not even with the most volatile of C4 explosives will you be able to light this thing sky high..."

"Whilst we're no longer involved with Lyrican affairs, this is one story that we just could not pass up: The Battletone Blatancy! In which The Blasters are exposed for the frauds that they truly are!" Violet said, taking a quick picture of the machine with her Journalizer and beginning a news article with it. "Just consider it a little gift from us to you, Rainbooms."

"So, what exactly is zis zing, Dazzlings?" Photo Finish asked as she looked at the complexity of the massive machine that took up most of the room.

"It's some kind of amplifier of sorts, one that The Blasters are gonna use during the Title Match..." Adagio began explaining to the group. "When The Blasters perform, their voices are going to be amplified to a deafening measure, striking the ears of every human and pony across all of Earth and Equestria. Then, they'll harvest power beyond compare, enabling them to reach unstoppable levels of power. And considering that they're already tough to begin with, they'll be using this to amplify their powers to a level where not even we will be able to reach them..."

"It's basically a little insurance for them if their voices aren't powerful enough to overcome ours, even if we only acquired our new pendants three years ago..." Aria said, feeling the cold steel vibrate as it charged up with Furen and Blissen energy. "The Blasters did keep saying that they go big or go home back when we were carefree Lyricans..."

"Either way, this thing can't be destroyed by any normal means, and only The Blasters can deactivate it," Pixel said as she examined the additional machines that accompanied the massive amplifier.

"And why's that?" Twilight asked as she came close to The Snapshots.

"Because The Blasters coded this device with a deadlock seal that only they can control. No other machine on the planet is able to hack this thing..." Violet said, showing the screen of her Journalizer. It was flashing red with a chained skull, and bold text that read "Access Denied" was found underneath it.

"Well, let's at least find out some more details on this thing whilst we're here..." Pixel said, flicking away the chained skull image on her Journalizer, taking her back to a menu where she could look at all of the rest of the details on the giant machine. "We'll let you know if anything else comes up, girls..."

"Hmm..." Adagio and the rest of the group turned towards each other and got back their own privacy once more. "If The Blasters are gathering all of this energy, it might be enough to not only awaken the Lyrican Sirens, but also free Cataclysm from his confinement at the same time..."

"But why would they want to release Cataclysm as well? They hated his guts when he tried stamping out the Lyrican species..." Sonata said, making Adagio and Aria nod, but leave The Rainbooms left in surprise. "Even if they did somehow free Cataclysm, not even they would be able to control his destructive and genocidal tendencies. Believe me, we've tried..."

"Pardon me fer being rude, Dazzlings. But what the hay's Cataclysm anyways?" Applejack asked, wanting an answer to the question that only The Dazzlings would be able to answer.

"Cataclysm's one of the most destructive life forms in existence, but he's also too dangerous to live..." Adagio quickly explained, brushing Applejack's mind off of the subject. "And besides, even if he is powerful enough to cause a second Big Bang, he's sealed away for good. King Allure, Lord Symphonia and literally all of the Lyrican Sirens made sure that he'd never again threaten the safety of the worlds..."

"He was once a Blissen Siren who was quite pleased with the decision that he'd earned, and followed the tenets perfectly. In fact, if it wasn't for what happened next, he could have become King Allure's successor..." Aria began explaining the story of Cataclysm. "You see, Cataclysm wanted to become both Blissen and Furen at the same time. But Allure forebode him from learning Furen Arts once he'd earned his Blissen pendant."

"In a fit of rage, Cataclysm lashed out at King Allure and battled him straight up on the spot," Adagio explained, remembering that day as if it had happened yesterday. "Cataclysm and Allure were powerful beings on their own, but Allure eventually won and forced Cataclysm to a life of exile. He wandered the Lyrican badlands for years until he found something. Something that should have remained buried under layers of earth and dirt..."

"Cataclysm found Lyrica's first Dark Magic, and harvested all of it right on the spot," Aria continued. "It made him powerful beyond anything that you could think of, but it also warped him into a colossal monstrosity with demonic spikes poking out of all of his limbs and both wings. In short, the Dark Magic made Cataclysm into the ultimate bringer of death and destruction, but it also took away his true form forever..."

"Cataclysm's power was so powerful that him merely walking could throw a planet off of its' axis. His wings were powerful enough to create G100 hurricanes powerful enough to tear entire continents out of where they were rooted. But worst of all was his voice, which was so loud that it could destroy constellations with enough destructive force to the point where once great pictures became symbols of an incoming apocalypse..."

"In the end, King Allure, Lord Symphonia and every Lyrican Siren on Lyrica banded together to face Cataclysm in a titanic struggle..." Adagio was about to finish the story. "By combining their powers, the Lyricans sealed Cataclysm away in a demonic urn, which was then cast into Lyrica's deepest and darkest abyss, never again to surface..."

"If The Blasters are going for that much power, then we could be looking at one of the worst catastrophes the trinity has ever known..." Adagio's words already had The Rainbooms on edge, her words were merely the final nail in the coffin. "Especially since Equestrian Magic is enough to rival that of Lyrican Magic. Who knows? They could end up becoming worse than Cataclysm could have ever been..."

"But why would they be going after all of that power if it'd be enough to destroy the very species they're trying to save?" Sunset asked, already seeing a flaw in The Blasters' master plan. "Doesn't that make them seem like corrupted bringers of death and destruction themselves?"

"Yes. But The Blasters don't have Dark Magic welded into their initial power. They'll be able to maximise their power with purely Furen and Blissen energy alone..." Adagio said, giving a clear answer to Sunset as The Snapshots turned around and began walking back to them.

"In short, they're like Cataclysm, but instead of destroying all life, they'll only be destroying the life of all non-Lyricans. And I always thought that Orchy and his friends could get along with everyone..." Sonata said.

"Girls! Get this..." Pixel said, opening up a special file on the Journalizer that she was carrying. "According to our diggings, this machine is called the Ultimate Amplifier, and it's been built and had maintenance work done on it for seventeen years after CHS's Battle of the Bands..."

"This thing is powered purely by the emotions of all the people who listen to the music that pours out of it. It doesn't need a power socket or batteries to function, as it's made of an otherworldly power source that shouldn't even exist in this world yet..." Violet added on, showing some important pieces of information to The Rainbooms and The Dazzlings. "The Blasters have every instance planned, in case you were planning on shutting down the power or tampering with it whilst they perform..."

"Clever bastards, aren't they?" Aria said as she saw the details on the Ultimate Amplifier. "They knew that we would eventually discover it, and made sure that it wouldn't be tampered with, no matter what we'd be able to do..."

"So what are we going to do now, Dazzlings?" Pinkie Pie asked, her once joyous attitude now replaced with one of fear. She knew that not even with their musical powers would they be able to dismantle the Ultimate Amplifier. "Our music might be rocking and fun, but I'm not even sure that that'll be enough to take this evil woofer apart!"

"What if we don't even need to mess with this thing at all?" Adagio said, getting The Rainbooms to listen closely to what she had to say. "What if this thing will only work if The Blasters' audience is marked?"

"What are you-" Twilight was stopped mid sentence when Adagio and The Dazzlings pulled the group into a massive huddle.

"It might sound crazy, but I've got a great song for all of us to sing in the final round," Adagio began explaining. "With our Lyrican powers, the powers of humans from Earth, and ponies of Equestria singing the song in perfect harmony, it just might make a fail-safe burst that should free everyone from The Blasters' insidious marks..."

"Oh! Just like that one song when we saved CHS from you. It broke the marks that you'd planted and made everyone's emotions remain untouchable again!" Twilight immediately got where Adagio was going with her plan. "I see now. By combining the voices of Lyricans, Equestrians and humans, we might be able to make a fail-safe that should free everyone from The Blasters' marks and make the Ultimate Amplifier useless to them!"

"But zat just raises one more question, girls..." Photo Finish said once they'd finished compiling some important data for their story. "What song are you ten going to sing?"

"There's only one song that could possibly fit the bill of what we've got to pull if we're going to free the bands from The Blasters' control..." Adagio said, turning her attention to Photo Finish and The Snapshots. "And that song, is The Show Must Go On..."

Author's Note:

Nighty: Good ta see dat good owd Shadowmane's back at wowk...

Autumn: Yeah. I missed having him awound ta pway wid us...

Peanut: He's got good wogic...

Onyx: Amazing stowies...

Fire Star: Intewesting chawactew devewopment...

Luna: Yes. He's the whole package when it comes to fanfiction writing.

Hades: I'm surprised he doesn't have any stories on Equestria Daily yet...

Celestia: Who goes there?!

Me: Dun wowwy evewyone. He's wid me.

Hades: The name's Hades. Lord of the Underworld, main antagonist of Kid Icarus Uprising. Nice to see you all.

Twilight: Oh, gweat. Anodew Discowd...

Me: Yep. Pwetty much.