• Published 2nd Nov 2014
  • 3,025 Views, 86 Comments

Secrets - Aqua_Breeze



When your daughter would be seen as an enemy of Equestria, what would you do to keep her true identity a secret?

  • ...
5
 86
 3,025

All good things must come to an end

“Morning, Spike,” Twilight said as she walked into the kitchen.

“You’re up pretty darn late today, Twilight,” Spike said.

“I know, I know,” Twilight said, “Aurora already head out for the day?”.

“And left me to clean up her rather large mess,” Spike said.

“Well, it IS your kitchen day,” Twilight pointed out.

“Oh, and Princess Celestia said she’ll be coming over for a visit around noon,” Spike said.

“Did she say why?” Twilight asked.

“She said she wants to come for a friendly visit for once,” Spike said.

“And Aurora knows, right?” Twilight asked.

“She was already gone when I got the letter,” Spike said.

“Then go and find her!” Twilight yelled, “She always drops her disguise when she comes home. If Princess Celestia were to see her as a changeling… well, I don’t even want to think about it”.

“Are you ever going to tell her the truth?” Spike asked.

“It’s not time yet!” Twilight yelled, “Now, please go find Aurora and tell her to stay disguised when she comes home today”.

With that, Spike flew out of the castle. The first place he’d go to check for Aurora would be the crusaders’ clubhouse.


Spike spent a couple hours looking for the crusaders around Ponyville, only to find them at Sugarcube corner… typical. As he approached, Pinkie Pie jumped in his way.

“Heya, Spike!” Pinkie said, “What are you doing today? Come to try our new super cherry supreme deluxe milkshake?”.

“Actually, I just need to tell Aurora something,” Spike said.

“You can tell her while you wait,” Pinkie said, “I’ll be back shortly”.

“Howdy, Spike,” Applebloom said as Spike walked over.

“Hey there, girls,” Spike said.

“Hey, Spike, have you tried the new cherry milkshake yet?” Aurora asked, “It’s really good”.

“Pinkie’s getting one for me,” Spike said, “But I’m only here to tell you that Princess Celestia is coming for a visit today, and that Twilight wants you to stay disguised when you go home today”.

“Ya haven’t told Princess Celestia?” Applebloom asked.

“Twilight’s waiting till she can prove, without a smidgen of a doubt, that I’m not like,” Aurora said before looking around to make sure nopony was within earshot, “Other changelings”.

“I just hope it works out,” Sweetie Belle, “I don’t want you to be taken away”.

“Don’t worry, Twilight knows what she’s doing,” Aurora said.

“Here you go, Spike!” Pinkie called out, scaring the poor dragon.

“Thanks, Pinkie,” Spike said, “It sure looks pretty good”.

“Oh, you’re welcome,” Pinkie said before bouncing away.


The whole time Spike was gone, Twilight spent getting ready for Celestia’s visit. She kept telling herself it was going to be alright, but couldn’t shake the feeling that something might go wrong. She hoped she was just worrying about nothing. Eventually, there was a knock at the main door. As Twilight opened it, she saw Celestia and immediately bowed, only to be raised back up.

“There is to be none of that today, Twilight,” Celestia said, “I want to visit and be treated as a regular pony for once”.

“Oh, um… alright,” Twilight said sheepishly.

“May I come in?” Celestia asked.

“Of course!” Twilight exclaimed as she stepped to the side.

“So, how about a tour?” Celestia asked, “I do not believe I’ve seen the whole castle yet”.

“Well… ok, follow me, then,” Twilight said.

Twilight skipped the first floor entirely, knowing that Celestia didn’t need to be told about anything on the first floor. The second floor was dedicated to her friends. Each room held treasures from their adventures together. Each room was also enchanted so only Twilight and her friends could go inside.

“The first room is Rainbow’s,” Twilight said, opening the loyalty door, “All the rooms have the element crystalized in the center of the room. Rainbow’s is made from a rather large ruby”.

“So, do each room’s walls use the same coloration as the ponies they’re for?” Celestia asked.

“Yes, they do,” Twilight said, “You wouldn’t believe how much magic it took to change the wall colors just within the rooms and not have them leak outside at all”.

“I can only imagine it wore you out to no end,” Celestia said, chuckling a little.

As the tour continued, Twilight was able to proudly show off each room. She had taken great care in making each and every aspect of the rooms perfect, sometimes even changing up something her friends had done.

As the tour neared its end, Twilight started to feel more relieved. It looked as if everything was in the clear, but that wouldn’t last much longer. As Celestia walked out into the main hallway, something bumped into her. As she looked down, she saw a very terrified changeling.

“Uh oh,” Aurora said to herself.

Without saying anything, Celestia wrapped the changeling in an aura and lifted her off the ground.

“Going after Twilight, are you?” Celestia asked sternly, narrowing her eyes.

Aurora just gulped.

“Actually, princess, she’s not coming after me,” Twilight said.

“What do you mean?” Celestia asked.

“Well… that’s uh… that’s Aurora,” Twilight admitted, “My daughter”.

“Now, hold on a second,” Celestia said, “Did you just say this changeling is your daughter?”.

Twilight just nodded nervously.

“I thought your daughter was a pegasus,” Celestia said.

“Go ahead,” Twilight said.

Taking the cue, Aurora put up her disguise.

“How long have you known?” Celestia asked.

“Since I found her in the Everfree Forest a few months ago,” Twilight admitted.

“So, then when Spike sent me that letter about you letting a changeling roam free around Ponyville,” Celestia started.

“He wasn’t really jealous,” Twilight said.

“And you… lied to me? Right to my face?” Celestia asked.

Twilight just nodded.

“Why?” Celestia asked sternly.

“I couldn’t let you know just yet,” Twilight said, “You’d have never let her stay”.

“I would’ve worked with you if you’d have told me then and there,” Celestia said, “But instead, you chose to lie and give unauthorized shelter to an enemy of Equestria. In other words, you’re a… a… a traitor”.

Twilight reeled back, as if the words had physically hurt her.

“What did this changeling tell you?” Celestia asked.

Twilight just hung her head, trying to ignore eye contact.

“Twilight Sparkle, I asked you a question, and you’d best answer me,” Celestia said, obviously losing her patience.

“She… she was alone,” Twilight said, “She doesn’t have a hive to go back to, she was barely scraping by on whatever love energy she could gather from the tree line”.

“And you believed it?” Celestia asked.

“Well, she was all alone, and deep enough in the Everfree Forest to not be some scout or anything,” Twilight said, “Also, she wasn’t anywhere near Ponyville, so she wasn’t infiltrating”.

“Giving it free access to Ponyville gives it a free ticket to spy,” Celestia said.

“I just wanted to give her a chance,” Twilight said.

“Then you should’ve been honest with me,” Celestia said.

Twilight just hung her head again.

“I never, ever wanted to do this, but you give me no choice,” Celestia said, “Twilight Sparkle, you stand before me now, charged with giving unauthorized shelter to a known enemy of Equestria. As such, you are hereby stripped of your title, princess of Equestria, and are under arrest for treason”.