• Published 21st Oct 2014
  • 758 Views, 12 Comments

The End - SkyPieIsTheBest



Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rainbow Dash have always won their battles, against Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, and Sombra but when they all come together, what can the elements do?

  • ...
3
 12
 758

Chapter Three

Twilight opened her eyes, and felt wind blowing through her mane. It wasn’t the warm ocean breeze that you’d feel when you’re done swimming at the beach; it was a cold blast of wind that you’d feel if you were in a plane and you opened a window, for some reason.

Twilight looked around, and saw only white until she walked farther into a more realistic part of the dream. She heard laughter, and then a familiar voice. “H-hello?” she asked, but it just echoed in her ears. She looked around and suddenly heard a screech of laughter.

“Shiny, stop it!” the tiny voice yelled. Twilight began to run faster. “Stop, that tickles!” The little voice seemed to be familiar in her head, and as she got closer, she saw a magenta filly being jumped on by a white stallion. “Shiny, I’m a princess, and your my guard, you can’t attack me!” The magenta filly was running around a tree, and Twilight started to smile.

This wasn’t a nightmare, it was a memory. But how did this happen? She then turned around involuntarily, and she saw once again, a magenta pony and a white stallion. The pony had grown to a mare, now, and she was staring at the white stallion. Tears were streaming down her face. “I-I’ll miss you, BBBFF,” she said, wiping a tear off her face. “I’ll come to visit some time, if that’s okay.”

The white stallion smiled, and hugged the other Twilight. “Of course, Twily,” he said, tearing up as well. “I’ll always be here for you. No matter what happens, I will always be there.”

A third memory came. She walked into an outside area where Shining Armor was with the other guards of the palace. As Twilight walked towards it, the guards raised their weapons. Shining came up, and took off his helmet. “Twily!” he yelled, running down the stairs. He put his hoof to her face, but she pushed away.

Twilight stared at him coldly. “How dare you not tell me in person that you’re getting married?” She stared at him, and he looked away sadly. “I’m your sister for ponies-
sake!” She turned around, and Twilight turned her head away. She knew what came next. It was too much of a fresh memory.

Princess Cadence, well the impostor Princess Cadence, started crying in the new memory, and Twilight was smiling. “Why are you doing this to me?” Cadence said, and she ran off. Twilight definitely remembered that. It was the day before the wedding.

She teleported in front of the door, and turned, smiling, happy that she had scolded her future sister-in-law; sadly when she looked up, she saw Shining glaring down at her. He started to scream at her, and Twilight felt a tear stream down her face.

She turned around and saw Princess Luna in front of her. “Why are you showing me this?” she asked, staring into the green eyes of the princess. “Is there something wrong with Cadence? Or Shining-”

Luna placed her hoof to Twilight's lips, and smiled. She turned, unfolded her wings, and flew off in front of Twilight. The new princess wasn’t very fond or good at flying, but she tried her best to keep up with the experienced princess. “Think about it, Princess Twilight Sparkle,” she said. “You’ve seen your friends, Cadence, Celestia, and me. What’s the difference between them and Shining Armor?” She turned and looked at Twilight. Before she could answer, Luna went on. “There is only one difference: Prince Shining Armor is not here.”

Twilight started to think, and realized she was right. Where was her BBBFF? “B-but, where is he?” she asked. However, when she turned her head, Princess Luna was gone. She then saw all the white turn to black, and blood started to drip down the walls once more.

“Twily!” somepony called. Twilight knew that voice in an instant. It screamed again: “Twily, help!”

She started running, and she felt a hoof on her arm. “Wake up, Twilight!” a voice screamed. She covered her ears and she started to scream when she woke up.

“Shining!” she yelled as she woke. She jumped out of bed, and, without noticing that Fluttershy was holding the medicine she needed, ran towards the balcony. “Shining!” she yelled again. She screamed it to the world, and Fluttershy gasped.

“Twilight, calm down, please.” Fluttershy put her wing on Twilight’s nose, and pinched it. She opened her mouth, and put the medicine in. She then closed her mouth, and Twilight quickly swallowed to breathe again. “Twilight, you’re okay. Shining sent us a letter saying he’ll be here by tomorrow.” She looked at Fluttershy, her eyes still narrowed from fear, and nodded.

She walked back into the castle and saw Princess Cadence. She sighed, and walked over to her sister, still shaking like a cold puppy. She looked at Celestia who was talking to Luna, alone and quietly. Cadence looked at her, and nuzzled her head softly. She slowly put her head to Cadence’s shoulder, and Celestia walked over to them. “Princess Cadence,” she said. “Could you please use the shield spell that Shining Armor used during the Changeling attack? We believe another creature is coming to try to destroy us.”

The princess nodded, and walked outside. Twilight wanted to follow, but Celestia touched her wing to her shoulder. “Twilight, we need to talk.” They walked into Celestia’s room, and the white Alicorn gestured Twilight to a chair. Twilight sat down, and Celestia walked to her chair. “I must ask you one question: What has been in your dreams.”

Twilight flinched as Celestia asked the question. What could she tell her? All of it was shadows and blood. What else was there? She then remembered when she saw Sombra on the train. Her eyes widened, and she focused on Celestia. She explained what she saw on the train, and Celestia nodded.

She then turned away, and took a sip of her water. The green magical aurora surrounded the cup as she brought it to her lips, and she dipped her head back a little. Twilight looked at her glass, and she picked it up. She took a small sip, and looked back at Celestia.

Celestia looked back at Twilight. “Okay, Twilight,” she said. “That’s all I had to ask of you.”

Twilight started to feel better about the day, and when she saw Cadence walking towards her, she smiled. “Cadence!” she said, smiling. “What did Shining Armor need so
badly that he couldn’t wait a while to get it? And, why are you wearing that dress?”

Cadence smiled, and blushed. “This dress was the one Rarity gave me for the Grand Galloping Gala. And Shining has to attend the one in The Crystal Empire. I-it’s not safe there for me, so he volunteered to stay and help. So I went to this one.” She smiled again, and Twilight stood next to her sister.

“So, how are you and Shiny?” Twilight asked, and Cadence turned her head away. “Are you okay, Candy?” She looked at her sister, calling her sister the cute nickname she came up with when she was about 10. “You look sad.”

Cadence shook her head, and looked at Twilight. “I’m fine, Twily,” she said, and she looked at her chest. “Just...fine.” She turned away, and waved her tail to Twilight.

Rainbow Dash tapped Twilight on the shoulder, and smiled at her. “It looks like Cadence is in a pickle,” she said, holding a jar of pickles. She started laughing, and Twilight rolled her eyes. “I’ve been waiting to use that joke.” She rolled on the ground, tears streaming down her face.

“Y-you’re an idiot, Dash,” Twilight said, giggling. She walked away from her dying friend, and she walked into her room. She lay down into her bed, and started to laugh. She started to laugh and laugh until Spike came in.

“Hi, Twily,” he said, smiled. Spike had been gone for two months. He was on important duty with Canterlot officials. He smiled, and Twilight ran up to hug him. “I’ve missed you, Twi.” His voice sounded strange and scratchy. “Sorry ‘bout my voice, I had to scream a lot.”

Twilight’s tears streamed down her magenta fur, and she started to laugh again. He laughed with her, and they both hugged each other, laughing and breathing heavily.


The next day, Twilight ran towards the front door. Her dreams had been more memories of her and Shining, but she didn’t care. She ran up to the door, and waited for it to swing open. She stood there, and stood there, and stood there, but no pony came. “Twilight,” Cadence said behind her. “Shiny came here about an hour ago.”

Twilight blushed, and she started the trek through the long castle. She then reached the dining room, and saw Shining Armor talking with Princess Celestia. “Shiny!” she yelled, and Shining turned his head. He smiled with glee, and she ran over to him, tears streaming down her face once more.

“I’ve missed you so much, Twily!” he said, hugging her tightly. She stared into his eyes, and he reached into his pocket to grab something. “I got you something.” He pulled out a beautiful locket. It was her cutie mark on one side, and Shining’s on the other. On the inside, there was a picture of their family.

She smiled, and hugged Shining Armor once more. He looked at her, and laughed a little. “You look hungry, Twi,” Applejack said, and she motioned the Alicorn towards a chair. “Come, sit down, and we can all eat.”

Twilight smiled, and sat down, trying not to sit on her tail, and picked up some food that was laid down in front of the ponies; she looked at Princess Celestia who was talking with Luna and laughing. She picked up another pancake, and she chewed slowly. “So, Shiny, how was your trip up here,” Twilight said, excitedly. “Not bad I hope.”

Shining smiled, and looked at Cadence. “It wasn’t too bad.” He pointed his horn to Twilight, and Cadence nodded. “We have some good news, Twily.” He looked into Twilight’s eyes, and he sighed heavily. “Cadence is-”

“Prince Shining Armor,” a guard disrupted him, and Shining turned. “We have somepony who wants to see the elements of harmony.” He looked at Fluttershy who was slowly eating some hay. “We need you, now.”

“I’ll be right back, guys,” he said, wiping his face, and setting down his napkin.

Twilight watched him leave, and wiped her face as well. “I’ll go with him, to see who it is.” She got out of her seat, and walked towards the door. She looked at where Shining was standing. She walked beside him, and he looked down at her. He kept his face in a serious state, but Twilight saw a glimmer of happiness in his eyes.

When the guard stopped, so did Shining and Twilight. “Who is this pony?” Twilight asked, looking at the guard. Suddenly she heard familiar laughter.

The guard stepped aside as a large, dragonesque figure stepped into the castle. “Hey, your hooves are cold, you know,” the pony, err, thing, said, looking at the guard.
“Good morning, Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight stared at him, her eyes wide. She didn’t expect to see him here today. “Discord,” she said, and she stood on four legs. “What are you doing here?”

He looked at her, and started to laugh. “Why, I’m just checking on my good friends. Where’s Fluttershy? I wanted to see if we were going out for tea tomorrow night.” He looked around, and picked up Twilight to look under her hooves.

“Put me down, Discord!” she yelled, and Discord did as she said. “Fluttershy is going, err, she’s out tomorrow. She cannot have tea with you.” She stared deep into his eyes.

He sniffled, and nodded. “Okay,” he said, turning around. “I just wanted to spend some time with my new friends. And especially Celestia; she said she wanted to talk with me.” He smirked, but Twilight didn’t notice it.

“Fine, come in,” she said, and Discord followed her to the dining room. Twilight didn’t feel it, or know it, but her enemies were close to her. Very close.